Rate Dr. Philip Hassard

Dr. Philip Hassard's Ratings

Twice I've had a colonoscopy performed by Dr. Hassard. He is without a doubt a true professional. He explains everything that is going on, engaged me with everyday discussion to put me to ease, and truly seems interested in the patient. I would recommend him to anyone who needs this procedure done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

If you were to look up the definition of 'wonderful doctor', I'm sure you would also see a picture of Dr. Hassard's smiling face next to it. I had the pleasure of getting some helpful advice as well as a kind ear to listen to me when a family member had been diagnosed with colon cancer last year. For this, I will forever be thankful. Not that his charm, wit and oddly attractive telephone voice should have any bearing on the direct services received, but they do make you feel very much at ease in his presence. The Montfort community is fortunate to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1312181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2013

I had my first ever Colonoscopy with Dr Hassard and while I was very nervous about the procedure he (and his staff) put me right at ease. Very professional, excellent bed side manner and the procedure went very well. Kudos to the staff at Montfort as well - superb. Thanks to all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1312180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2013

Excellent doctor. Both my husband and I are patients and I couldn't ask for a better doctor. Dr. Hassard saw me after another doctors receptionist screwed up an appointment and blatantly lied about it. So for calling her on the lie, I was required to get another referral from my family doctor. After my referral was faxed repeatedly and waiting months to see if I would get an appointment to see that particular gastroenterologist, my husband took matters into his own hands and told Dr. Hassard about my predicament. Dr. Hassard told my husband to have me call his office and make an appointment. I've never looked back since and I never did hear back from the original gastroenterologist or his rude receptonist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1312179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Hassard for over 5 years, and in one word he is amazing....When I got sick, he was that one Dr. who believed in me and tried so hard to find an answer to the cronic pain. Although we are still working on my health, I feel 100 % confident that Dr. Hassard will find an answer. His nurse Johanne is a sweetheart. Always offers guidance and support. I have told my friends and family all about Dr. Phil and would recommend him in a heart beat. Oh yes and ladies he is very handsome. He is truely amazing always easy to talk to, an excellent listener and has so much dedication and compassion.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1312178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

Dr. Hassard is amazing, I could not ask for a better gastroentorolist and I am so fortunate to have him as my Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1312177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2011

I have just recently moved to Ottawa from Toronto. I have had 4 GI specialist in my time with Crohn's, Dr Hassard being the 4th. In Toronto I was seen by Dr Gordon Greenberg at mt Sinai hospital, yes thats right, THE legend. Well I don't think anyone can compare in knowledge when it comes to Greenberg however Dr Hassard is the only other Dr that has earned my trust. His team is excellent with a dietitian ( I saw someone complaining about lack of focus on diet, then why do they have a dietitian on the team?), a great head nurse and a psychologist for those rough times. My only complain is actually with Monfort Hospital itself as they tend to be very tardy when scheduling appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1312176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Hassard by my family doctor and was subsequently diagnosed with Crohns. Dr.Hassard is a one-of-a-kind doctor. He is a Gem!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1312175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2011

I met Dr. Hassard after going through emergency at the Montfort. I was very nervous having had a very bad previous experience with a colleauge of his. He put me at ease before doing a colonoscopy and I will forever be his patient. Great sense of humour, kind and attentive, very knowledgeable and ALWAYS available for advice in an emergency situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1312174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2010

I had a scare a few years back and had to undergo a colonoscopy, which Dr. Hassard performed. I can only say good things about him. He was kind, patient and understanding. I was not a great patient as I am extremely hesitant during any medical procedures, but I found Dr. Hassard easy to relax around and would recommend him to anyone needing a specialist of this sort.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1312173].votes_count ]]