Rate Dr. Richard Finley

Dr. Richard Finley's Ratings

I was referred from Yukon, so travel for the appointment was required. He was provided a dated xray and ct scan. Upon reporting for my appointment he sent me for an xray which he reviewed, then a CT scan which he reviewed, then a blood test, all the same afternoon. From all of this he was able to confirm I had a lung mass (Later confirmed as a carcinoma)and not a pulmonary embolism as previous misdiagnosed. He then arranged for a bronchoscopy and needle biopsy before arranging my surgery a couple weeks later. I am now in recover and fortunate that I only lost the lower lobe of my right lung. I cannot say enough about Dr. Finley's knowledge, skill and professionalism. It was also clear during my hospital stay that Dr Finley is held in the highest regard by other health care professionals. I feel so fortunate that he was my surgeon. 5 STARS on all accounts.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2012 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Finley after seeing 3 E/N/T doc's who all said there was nothing wrong, but Dr. Finley was, patient, extremely thorough & wanting to conduct his own tests & go from those findings. He found extreme problems with my esophagus & booked me for surgery, when my problems got worse he moved me up on the list immediately...thankfully I have had no problems since, he is a life saver in my books & I would & have highly recommended him.

Submitted July 17, 2012 | flag

I was disappointed to read of the negative reports on Dr. Finley. Pat, his receptionist is first rate. Punctual? Because I fly back and forth to appointments with Dr. Finley I could be in his office with a book two hours before my appointment time. He has seen me there and has moved me up to last patient before his lunch. Now as for being in his care for the surgical removal of cancer of the esophagus, he was a man of action! Everything happened at lightening speed, and as far as I am concerned Dr. F is one of God's right hand men.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2012 | flag

15 hours in airport and waiting room, 5 mintues in his office? Cost to me: $640.00? If he is able to cure me: priceless However, with so little time and interaction -- and since at no time was I given the opportunity to ask a question, I left with the same level of fear and uncertainty. As for his receptionist, Fran, I have never encountered such a rude, uncaring, lazy, abrupt, and sarcastic medical employee. The counter employees at McDonald's put her to shame. In fact, I doubt McDonald's would hire her. As I have a life treatening condition, and this is the office of a specialist, I would expect the receptionist would be highly skilled, efficient and compassionate. Patients aren't referred to Dr. Finley because you have a minor ailment. By the time you get an appointment you are in serious condition, as least this is my situation. The veterinarian I take my cat to has better bedside manner and understanding staff. I dread my next appointment. No one deserves this treatment.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2012 | flag

Excellent quality work. Very intuitive. A very good follow up program.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2010 | flag

excellent surgeon and follow up. Knowledge and bedside manner is also excellent

Submitted July 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Finley saved my life a year and a half ago after I was diagnosed witha large tumor in my left lung. He was kind, informative, and skilled. He made time to see me every day while I recovered in hospital and his follow up is excellent. This is the man you need to see if you need lung surgery. He is quite simply the best!!

Submitted Dec. 31, 2009 | flag

I had Dr Findlay when he was in London Ontario at Victoria hospital. This man was great , he saved my life.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2009 | flag

He takes very little time with patients in his office. Doesn't give sufficient time to ask questions and gives brief, quick diagnosis and then hustles you out of his office before you have time to really discuss your problems. Seems to know what he's doing though.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2009 | flag

He is the most obnoxious, rude, and uncaring Dr. I have ever met. He was completely unhelpful, has no bedside manner and no basic social skills. He would not let me ask any questions and he did not listen to my concerns. He is the typical "specialist" who thinks they are god and know everything. I suggest you listen to your patients as they are the"expert" on their own bodies. Patients come for help, not put downs.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2009 | flag