Rate Dr. Kim Sharpe

Dr. Kim Sharpe's Ratings

I had the worst experience ever with her. She really gave me nightmares now. I'm still emotional after experienced a horrible miscarriage under her care. After we found out I would have a miscarriage, she ordered a ultrasound for me. Even though I told her repeatedly I had not have a miscarriage yet only bleeding a little, she still relied completely on the wrong ultrasound report, which indicated that the miscarriage completed. She did no further examination, spent 5 minutes with me, and simply sent me home without doing anything. Her ignorance and pretentiousness was off the chart. I ended up suffering on and off 4 weeks of pain and moderate bleeding, then when I thought it was finally over, I experienced the worst bleeding and pain I ever had in my life. Consequently, my blood count dropped to 2/3 of my normal level. Just a little bit less I will have to get blood transfusion. The physical and emotional pain was unbearable. My family doctor and another obgyn agreed that I should have been given a d/c and the miscarriage would have been over 6 weeks ahead of time with much less pain and blood loss. Not only she was horrible knowledge-wise, I always felt rushed every time I saw her, and she never listened to what I have to say. I actually asked to see a different doctor the last time I saw her, but too bad they still sent her over. I can't believe she is the same doctor all the other people rated here. I just have no desire to ever see her again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2620187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

Best OB I have ever experienced. So kind, and patient-oriented. Dr. Sharpe treats her patients personably, is never rushed, is incredibly respectful of you as opposed to assuming the role of superior/knowledgeable doctor vs naive patient (as I've experienced from a couple OBs) and is a welcome calming presence in emotional situations. I trust her decision-making and skills completely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

I think she is an awesome OB. Unlike other two OB's that I have visited before, she is very patient, very caring. She explained things in details.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1313547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2012

Dr. Sharpe is a knowledgeable doctor with a great bedside manner, however, I must say I am not overall impressed with her services due to her lack of follow up. I have been dealing with infertility and recurrent miscarriages for a while now and her office not only did not help, they also wasted my time. Infertility is a time sensitive issue. Had I known this when I was first referred to her office, I would have never wasted my time. Luckily my family doctor eventually referred me to a fertility clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1313546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2012

Dr. Sharpe saved my life. She performed an emergency surgery when my ectopic pregnancy ruptured. She was very helpful and compassionate, she answered all my questions. The recovery after surgery went well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1313545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2010

Dr. Sharpe was very knowlegable and has a wonderful bedside manner. She took the time to explain things to me, and let me ask questions and took her time. She gave me a lot of useful information and put my mind at ease. I would definately recommend her to anyone. It was too bad that the front desk wasn't as nice as they do reflect the rest of the office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1313544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2010

She was not my Doctor, but took me as an emergency after a miscarriage that diagnosed in Ultrasound and she also performed my surgery. EXTREMELY knowledgeable, personable, detailed, and reassuring. She explained everything in such a gentle and factual manner while we were still in shock and devestated. She never rushed us, made sure all our questions were answered thouroughly. After seeing her, I will actively seek her as my Ob/Gyn for my next pregnancy. Can't compliment her or her skills enough. She's amazing !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1313543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

Dr Kim is very helpful and knowledgeable. She explains everything in detail, is very calm and problem solving (she referred me for some tests immediately). Great doctor and a nice person too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1313542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

I had Dr.Sharpe after an emergancy transfer from Squamish Hospital. She made my delivery very managable. While still in hospital I had some questions and she came and saw me even though she was off already.Shes very caring and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1313541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Dr. Sharpe was filling in for my regular doctor and she was great. Very friendly, informative and made a potentially uncomfortable situation as comfortable as possible. Would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1313540].votes_count ]]