Rate Dr. Nelson Greidanus

Dr. Nelson Greidanus's Ratings

Dr Greidanus replaced my hip 3 years ago, I discarded my crutches and cane after 3 weeks and I was able to do 1/2 hour workout on the elliptical trainer. I had my knee replaced 6 months after the hip and I have no pain, I wished I had done this 10 years earlier. He is an excellent surgeon. The staff at UBC were excellent as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Dr. Greidanus replaced my hip 4 years ago and both knees 2 years ago. I feel very very fortunate to have had a former patient recommend him to me. My family MD was amazed at how good the incision wounds looked when he took out stitches and the marvelous range of motion I have been able to achieve and maintain in all three joints. I have no hesitation in giving Dr. Greidanus the HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. If you are one of those who thinks that waiting an hour or two for an appointment is more important than being a patient of one of the best surgeons, then go somewhere where time is your surgeon's greatest care... allow a patient who cares about the quality of their care take your place!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2628634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I'm a 42 year old woman and I have had active Rheumatoid Arthritis since age six. I knew that one day I would have to have some joints replaced, and it so turned out that my right hip was the first large one to go. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Greidanus as I had my hip replaced just over a year ago, and it has been a tremendous success.

Eventually, and sooner rather than later, I'll have to have the left one done as well, and there's no-one else I would want doing the surgery. Capable, compassionate and well-respected, Dr. G. is at the top of his field. I would recommend him for anyone who really needs help, as I certainly got it.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2614512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr.Greidanus has always worked with me over the years. I find him happy to be around, and very professional. I have never had any wait time. His staff is great. I always have a pleasant and positive responses when I have to go in for knee surgery. Thank you fo everything.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2565851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

I notice that someone is complaining about having to wait for an appointment with Dr. Greidanus, however, while waiting, did you notice the amount of people waiting for knee, hip and other surgeries? This Dr. is amazing and I had my hip replaced in May and had and do not have now any pain since the surgery. I told him it was a miracle what he could do for people suffering with arthritis in the areas he works on and gave him hug to say thank you. He's the only doctor I've heard of in many years that calls a family member post surgery to let them know their loved one is doing great! I can't wait to get my knee fixed up again as it's 17 years old and should have only lasted from 7 to 12 years. Give these surgeons a break, it's very difficult to schedule so many surgeries and if one has to wait well, do you want your surgery done by the best or what????

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2560095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

It's amazing, it's like I won the lottery! I am forever grateful to Dr. Greidanus, 'SK' and the rest of his dream team for the perfect left hip they gave me on April 28th. At 11 weeks I'm walking without a cane and have no pain. What I've been given is my health and a quality of life that I've never known. There's just not enough words to say thank you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2447583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I waited 3 HOURS for a 5 minute appointment with the doc. This is UNACCEPTABLE. Patients have lives too and their time is important. The doc said 'sorry' but that doesn't give me my 3 hours back OR the huge amount I had to pay for parking. I feel that Greidanius does not really respect his patients if he makes them wait this long!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1313617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I found that Dr Greidanus is a very efficient and knowledgeable Orthopedic Surgeon and the staff at the Vancouver General Hospital to be the FRIENDLYIST and most Helpful Hospital staff I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1313616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

I trust Dr. Greidanus with my life. He was always very caring and helpful. Both of my hip replacements are working perfectly. no pain, and I can do everything and lead a pain free life. Dr G. and Lydia I thank You for everything.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1313615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2011

Thank-You Dr. Greidanus! On August 4th 2011 at UBC you gave me the best birthday present of my life! A brand new - pain free - beautifully functioning left hip! I turned 55 years old on the day you operated on me and now - three weeks later - my new hip and I are still celebrating! My family - and especially my very athletic 14 year old daughter who had missed having her Mom with her on many outings because of my mobility issues - think you are very much "The Man!" Thank-you also for being so very kind, understanding and for visiting me (and all your patients) on a Friday evening at UBC even though your vacation had started earlier that day. In this family you are our hero!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1313619].votes_count ]]