Rate Dr. Nelson Greidanus

Dr. Nelson Greidanus's Ratings

It's amazing, it's like I won the lottery! I am forever grateful to Dr. Greidanus, 'SK' and the rest of his dream team for the perfect left hip they gave me on April 28th. At 11 weeks I'm walking without a cane and have no pain. What I've been given is my health and a quality of life that I've never known. There's just not enough words to say thank you.

Submitted July 16, 2014 | flag

I waited 3 HOURS for a 5 minute appointment with the doc. This is UNACCEPTABLE. Patients have lives too and their time is important. The doc said 'sorry' but that doesn't give me my 3 hours back OR the huge amount I had to pay for parking. I feel that Greidanius does not really respect his patients if he makes them wait this long!

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

I found that Dr Greidanus is a very efficient and knowledgeable Orthopedic Surgeon and the staff at the Vancouver General Hospital to be the FRIENDLYIST and most Helpful Hospital staff I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Submitted April 18, 2012 | flag

I trust Dr. Greidanus with my life. He was always very caring and helpful. Both of my hip replacements are working perfectly. no pain, and I can do everything and lead a pain free life. Dr G. and Lydia I thank You for everything.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2011 | flag

Thank-You Dr. Greidanus! On August 4th 2011 at UBC you gave me the best birthday present of my life! A brand new - pain free - beautifully functioning left hip! I turned 55 years old on the day you operated on me and now - three weeks later - my new hip and I are still celebrating! My family - and especially my very athletic 14 year old daughter who had missed having her Mom with her on many outings because of my mobility issues - think you are very much "The Man!" Thank-you also for being so very kind, understanding and for visiting me (and all your patients) on a Friday evening at UBC even though your vacation had started earlier that day. In this family you are our hero!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Greidanus will be doing my up and coming total knee replacement revision, but I am here to compliment and thank his assistant Lydia. She has been so helpful and has gone out of her way to accomodate an out of town patient. She has gone beyond the call of duty as far as I am concerned and has made my life so much easier, to which I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart. Lydia you are one special lady and Dr. Greidanus must know what a great assistant he has.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2011 | flag

Very bad bedside manners. He didn't listen to my concerns after he told me that he wouldn't do surgery on me. He does not have the patients' best interest at heart. No matter how I asked the questions, he just said he had already given me the answers. He was disinterested in what I was telling him. I felt very disappointed and dismissed by his poor attitude. At the end I broke into tears. He was rude and abrupt. He still spoke to me like I was putting him out, or wasting his time.

Submitted April 8, 2011 | flag

I had a hip replacement in 2009. I had suffered from hip pain for more than 10 years, but actually had to wait until I turned 50 to get mine done. Dr. Jack Taunton recommended Dr. G to me and I am forever thankful for both of these Drs. Dr. G took the time to explain to me in detail how the procedure for doing the replacement would be done (complete with props and all) and what he expected my recovery time to be like. It took me a bit more than 4 months to get back to total function, but with the exception of the actual incision itself, I was painfree the day after surgery. I am now able to get back to enjoying all of the things I had to stop doing due to the excrutiating pain I felt every day. Now I don't even think about my hip. Recently when I had to go thru airport security I started beeping. The guard scanned me and I felt embarrassed to be reminded by my friend that I had a new hip. I had totally forgotten. That's how surgery like this should be. It's you only better.

Submitted March 2, 2011 | flag

I had a total left hip replacement 2 years ago and was totally happy with Dr. Greidanus' from the first appointment to the first checkup after surgery. He answered all my questions before I even asked them. He explained what he would be doing. I have been able to do things I never thought was possible again since the surgery. Only complaint was waiting with the excruciating pain. I didn't think I would make it, but I don't blame that on him. I am looking at a knee surgery now, and wouldn't go to anyone else. He is not only knowledgeable but also very personable and caring. SW (Abbotsford)

Submitted Jan. 26, 2011 | flag

Dr. Greidanus gave me a new hip three years ago. If the rest of the medical profession could apply the same level of care, understanding, knowledge, and sense of humor, they'd be well off. He did everything he said he could do, and gave me back the ability to walk, skate, ski, and climb. And he was extremely enjoyable to work with, included my wife in all conversations, and kept us both up to date constantly on what was happening. Fabulous.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2010 | flag