Rate Dr. Steven Aung

Dr. Steven Aung's Ratings

A true healer! We are blessed to have him in our city. May he be healthy for years to come and continue to see his patients for many more!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

Dr Aung is very kind and knowledgeable. He is very good at what he does. However his staff can be very rude and short. Some of the staff are treating patients with no respect and need to work on their people skills! It is such a shame that such a kind doctor has such rude staff. It ruins some of the entire experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

I feel so blessed that I am able to see Dr. Aung. I had suffered for 16 years with terrible seasonal allergies and took monthly shots for 6 years with no relief. After only 6 treatments with Dr. Aung, my allergies are 100% gone. I can finally enjoy the outdoors again. I am also being treated for Rheumatoid Arthritis and through acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, I have improved greatly. Dr. Aung is a kind, caring, compassionate, brilliant Doctor. I may have waited a little bit to see him from time to time, but it is so worth it. We are so lucky to have him in Edmonton and I dread the day that he retires. His staff do their best to keep the clinic organized for this very busy doctor. Bless you Dr. Aung.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr. Aung is an amazing person: very gentle, patient and soft. It is very unfortunate the staff at the reception aren't as helpful except for Debbie and Julia. Gina is very unpleasant, and has messed up my appointments when I needed them the most. The latest was this year when I had called her on a Monday to ask her to confirm I had an appointment for Thursday of the same week she told me I didn't. But then on that day I got a call from Debbie to let me know I was not at my appointment. When I spoke to Gina, she denied it. The only reason I remembered exactly when and the time I called is that I took note based on previous experience with her when she messed up another appointment. Julia made some mistakes in the past but she is at least pleasant and smiles unlike Gina. Having a bad staff member makes all the difference. But I am so glad to have met Dr. Aung, he is so inspiring and is interested in helping his patients. His daughter Florence works with him too and is also good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

If you are willing to wait, Dr. Aung is the best you can get. He tends to run behind because he takes as long as necessary with each patient. Wonderful man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2011

Being around Dr. Aung alone is healing. He is a true compassionate healer. I have Lupus and since seeing him bi-weekly for the last 8 months, have an active healthy life. I have been able to completely eliminate pain killers. He has introduced me to Qi Gong and I feel now a strong sense of hope and life within me. I have seen at least 20 specialist re: Lupus they left me feeling defeated. I am so grateful to Dr. Aung.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2011

In February of 1973, my back was broken in an auto accident. The pain was unbearable. It made me angry all the time, dangerous for an ex-cop with martial arts training. Literally out of options, with my wife in tears every day, I went to see Dr. Aung in 1980. I 'knew' that acupuncture was a hoax. Right. Dr Aung, quietly and with immense compassion, talked to me, offered to help, and inserted the needles. For the first time since the accident, I was pain free. He talked with my wife and I afterwards. I found that was crying. My wife and I were able to talk for the first time in years. When I thanked him, tears in my eyes, he said that he was 'just a simple man, a little man'. I would walk into fire for that little man. He saved my marriage, and my life. Moan about wait times? Complain about costs? This is a man who people holistically, accurately, and compassionately. What have those who complain done for their fellows?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314171].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2011

He is very knowledgeable, kind and loving man. I think very are very lucky to have him in Edmonton! I love Dr. Aung!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2010

If you are going just to walk away with a diagnosis or a Rx, you are in the wrong place. He sees you as a whole person & one that is ever changing...so with that said what he treated last time may not be what he treats this time. I have been seeing him since Aug'10 after back surgery & have experienced relief from the sessions. One of the side effects from my surgery is migraines & weakness & with his treatments I am migraine free for almost 2 weeks at a time compared to daily prior to seeing him. As well my energy levels increase after my visits, which helps when you have 2 kids under 7. Sometimes he treats me for my back other times for other issues. I don't think the wait times are any different than other doctor offices, sometimes you get in early other times later...most I have waited was 50 minutes but I am prepared & bring a book to read. The way I look at it is "good things come to those who wait" & I am willing to wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2010

Dr. Aung is a incredible clinician, who practices with care and compassion. He is very knowledgable, and he is able to help with conditions that cannot be helped by western medicine. That said, he is also a medical doctor, and so he is able to conceptualize your health in both eastern and western medical views. He is a phenomenal doctor, and I know many people he has helped a great deal (including myself). Often you do have to wait for him; however, the staff is very kind, and I have not found the wait times to be unreasonable. Especially given how effective and compassionate he is in every appointment. I would recommend that anyone who is struggling with the health consider seeing him. I have seen several acupuncturists in Edmonton, and he is by far the best. You know you are in good hands when you are Dr. Aung's patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1314168].votes_count ]]