Rate Dr. Robert Morgan

Dr. Robert Morgan's Ratings

I've previously reviewed Dr Morgan, and after returning recently for an exam I confirm he is still very knowledgeable, takes his time to answer/explain any questions, overall a great specialist. However, and as other reviewers seem to indicate as well, dealing with the receptionist was not a great experience, curt, argumentative, generally unpleasant - good thing it's the shortest part of the visit. The assistant/nurse who then does the initial part of the exam/administers eyedrops etc... was much nicer... FYI lead time to book a routine exam (for an existing patient) was about 3-4 weeks.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2014 | flag

Dr.Morgan is very friendly and professional. He is very patient and takes time to answer all your questions. He is very kind and knowledgeable, and a always has a smile on his face. He makes you feel totally at ease and comfortable.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

I would echo the comment about the rude receptionist. I was trying to explain something over the phone with her and she kept telling me to hurry up (since she was busy). I'm sorry, but this downright rude and inconsiderate. When I did show up for the appointment, I stood right in front of her and it took her an awful long time to acknowledge my presence; it was a pretty icy reception. She makes you think you're a nuisance. Regarding the doctor, I have no complaints at all - very professional and obviously knows his stuff. I'll keep going to Dr. Morgan but I sure wish he'd get rid of that receptionist and hire somebody with some people skills.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2013 | flag

Very rude receptionist, defensive and non-helpful. The doctor is very knowledgeable, however his staff affected the way I viewed the doctor. (I apologize for the pun)

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag

Dr Morgan has been my eye doctor for years. Very professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to everyone I know.

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Morgan is very professional and he always takes the time to answer all of my questions. He is also very friendly and he really seems to enjoy being with his patients as he is always smiling and laughing.

Submitted May 25, 2012 | flag

Seemed very competent, and explained in pretty solid detail what he was seeing. Couldn't explain why I had the symptoms I did, though, and told me that they generally happen people 3x my age, but it was nothing to worry about (vs. optometrist who referred me to him, who said that if symptoms got worse/more frequent, I should immediately go to the hospital). His secretary was awful. Gave me a tiny 3hr window by way of voicemail to confirm appointment time, which I couldn't check until it was too late. When I called next morning to reschedule the appointment, no one picked up on 4 tries. Finally heard back and she didn't bother to tell me where the office was or not to wear contacts, so the assistant flipped when she found out I was wearing them at the appointment. Assistant was rough and unfriendly when administering eye drops, and laughed and told me she needed her morning coffee. No kidding.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2012 | flag

I recently had the need to visit Dr. Morgan for an eye examination. I was very impressed with the level of care he provided. He discussed all of his findings very thoroughly with me, and it really made me feel confident that I was in great hands! His friendliness and kindness were much appreciated, and helped put me at ease.

Submitted July 18, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing (no pun intended) Dr Morgan for over 20 years for regular eye exams. He is always even-tempered, cheerful and answers questions in detail. Although he started doing Lasik surgery since then, he did advise me that due to other health conditions I would definitely not be a good candidate for that surgery as it could cause complications. He was also very good at advising on things like computer screen placement, and more recently with the transition to progressive bi-focal eyeglasses. My mom needs cataract surgery soon and I was happy to hear she has been refered to Dr Morgan.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2011 | flag

I went to see Dr. Morgan with my mother, who is 89 years old. The news were not good as she has macular generation in one eye. Dr. Morgan's explanations were detailed and informative and he referred us to a retina specialist who, in all likelihood will not be able to save her eye, but who may suggest an approach to save the other eye. Dr. Morgan's approach, he helped my mother out of the wheelchair and helped her position herself properly in the exam chair, his warmth, his conversation in French, his overall pleasant attitude, went a long way to make my mother feel that she was being really and humanely cared for. Dr. Morgan's staff were equally generous with their care and attention.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2010 | flag