Dr. Hilda Makken

Rate Dr. Hilda Makken

Dr. Hilda Makken's Ratings

Rude,rude and rude.....couldnt believe how rude and unprofessional this doctor actually was. l have never seen anything quite like it. Do not go to this woman!!!! If you can possibly avoid her do so she is nasty with no bedside manner at all!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

My daughter had been seeing her for quite some time, and was diagnosed ADHD, her meds were upped a couple times. Childrens Aid Society contacted her about something unrelated, she changed my words around and made it sound like there was risk of my child overdosing by having two people medicating her (not true..) The funny part was the SAME day she was worried about that happening, she put my daughter on 54mg from 36mg, I dont understand how someone was worried about overdose, would up a childs meds the exact same day. When confronted, she admitted that she may have made an error, said it was "unfortunate" but refused to correct the issue by contacting Childrens Aid. This Pediatrician is the most unprofessional Dr I have ever had contact with.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2012 | flag

Very nice and caring. She took my son when her office was closed before a long holiday and she called the next day to see how he was feeling. I would suggest her to all mothers. Very punctual and explains in detail.

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Makken was very helpful with my son. I had taken him in because his school thought he was having seizure activity. she had taken all tests that were necessary. She had answered all my questions was extremly nice, very caring about my son I had zero problems with this doctor. If there was anything more to happen to my son i would request her.

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag

I was told that my daughter had Rheumatiod Arthritis, she does not and all tests show she does NOT have this, so I am not happy that she advised me to give a drug for 1 year which can lead to many side effects with liver and kidneys...however she was respectful to myself and daughter during my first two appointments, however since asking several questions about her diagnosis she now has contacted another doctor of mine to question me as a parent....however the Dr. she contacted is absolutley 100% behind my decision and respectful questions I have asked her....DR.s are not always right , parents do your research and we are all intitled to second opinions!!!!! especially when it comes to our childrens health.....

Submitted Jan. 22, 2012 | flag

REALLY FANTASTIC AND DOWN TO EARTH PEDIATRICIAN.MAKES YOU FEEL THAT SHE REALLY CARES FOR YOUR CHILD(REN)

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

we came for advice and got nothing other than we should wait and see and fill some more paperwork out not helpful at all

Submitted Nov. 2, 2010 | flag

I have to say that we have had very good experiences. My son has been to a few doctors and I found Dr. Makken very thurough and helpful. My son has given me problems with other doctors, but looks forward to seeing her. There may be long waits sometimes, but she's dealing with children and some of them are special needs, and may need a little more time and care than others. I know with my child if she needs an extra half hour with him she'll take it even if it puts her behind. I really appreciate it! Since being with her we have a diagnosis and are able to get my son help for his condition. Not knowing what your dealing with is a huge problem! As for the support staff - I find them helpful and polite. I've never had a problem.

Submitted June 28, 2010 | flag

Told me 4 year old child she was obese...told me off, said I should stop taking her to McDonalds...I left in tears!Never went back to her again. Took my child to the family doc who sent me to a dietaician. Dietician said that for her height my daughters weight was perfect...no bed side manner. RUDE!

Submitted June 7, 2010 | flag

I have worked with this doctor and have found her to be very rude and short. Does not listen to what you are telling her and challenges your skills and knowledge as a healthcare professional. I would not take my kids to this doctor.

Submitted March 22, 2010 | flag