Rate Dr. Hilda Makken

Dr. Hilda Makken's Ratings

She was a bit late for the appt. apologized and smiled. My son had a joke for her and she was very attentive to him. As my husband and I were speaking to her,she seems to know my son, I bit odd at first but then I had to agree with each thing you mentioned. That was my son. Even though it was one year since we spoke. She knew what we were experiencing so I guess her knowledge was bang on. When we started to discuss medication and our concern of it. She took her time and explained which one and why. Gave us info to read and asked to see him in 2 weeks. I sure hope I will see the difference in my son as she said we would.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

helpful, caring and professional - shows tender loving care for her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Rude,rude and rude.....couldnt believe how rude and unprofessional this doctor actually was. l have never seen anything quite like it. Do not go to this woman!!!! If you can possibly avoid her do so she is nasty with no bedside manner at all!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1315013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2013

My daughter had been seeing her for quite some time, and was diagnosed ADHD, her meds were upped a couple times. Childrens Aid Society contacted her about something unrelated, she changed my words around and made it sound like there was risk of my child overdosing by having two people medicating her (not true..) The funny part was the SAME day she was worried about that happening, she put my daughter on 54mg from 36mg, I dont understand how someone was worried about overdose, would up a childs meds the exact same day. When confronted, she admitted that she may have made an error, said it was "unfortunate" but refused to correct the issue by contacting Childrens Aid. This Pediatrician is the most unprofessional Dr I have ever had contact with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1315012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2012

Very nice and caring. She took my son when her office was closed before a long holiday and she called the next day to see how he was feeling. I would suggest her to all mothers. Very punctual and explains in detail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1315011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr. Makken was very helpful with my son. I had taken him in because his school thought he was having seizure activity. she had taken all tests that were necessary. She had answered all my questions was extremly nice, very caring about my son I had zero problems with this doctor. If there was anything more to happen to my son i would request her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1315010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

I was told that my daughter had Rheumatiod Arthritis, she does not and all tests show she does NOT have this, so I am not happy that she advised me to give a drug for 1 year which can lead to many side effects with liver and kidneys...however she was respectful to myself and daughter during my first two appointments, however since asking several questions about her diagnosis she now has contacted another doctor of mine to question me as a parent....however the Dr. she contacted is absolutley 100% behind my decision and respectful questions I have asked her....DR.s are not always right , parents do your research and we are all intitled to second opinions!!!!! especially when it comes to our childrens health.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1315009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2012

REALLY FANTASTIC AND DOWN TO EARTH PEDIATRICIAN.MAKES YOU FEEL THAT SHE REALLY CARES FOR YOUR CHILD(REN)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1315008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

we came for advice and got nothing other than we should wait and see and fill some more paperwork out not helpful at all

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1315007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2010

I have to say that we have had very good experiences. My son has been to a few doctors and I found Dr. Makken very thurough and helpful. My son has given me problems with other doctors, but looks forward to seeing her. There may be long waits sometimes, but she's dealing with children and some of them are special needs, and may need a little more time and care than others. I know with my child if she needs an extra half hour with him she'll take it even if it puts her behind. I really appreciate it! Since being with her we have a diagnosis and are able to get my son help for his condition. Not knowing what your dealing with is a huge problem! As for the support staff - I find them helpful and polite. I've never had a problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1315006].votes_count ]]