Rate Dr. Zijad Sabovic

Dr. Zijad Sabovic's Ratings

I had a good experience with Dr. S.
The person talking about a Hex, probably misunderstood Herx reaction and needs to do some reading about Lyme disease.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr Sabovic is a poor excuse for a doctor. My mother has been very Ill with lymes. After research she found Sabovic was a "specialist" (WHAT A JOKE)... She went to him and right away he switched the standard meds that she was on. She quickly got worse..... MUCH worse. She called him for 2 weeks non stop with no return phone calls and full mailbox. When she finally gets him on the phone he tells her off and yells at her. He had no answers to her questions and told her that she just waisted 15 minutes of his life (not our fault he is pathetic and doesn't have any knowledge in his "specialty"). He proceeded to get very nasty with her and clearly has a huge ego issue and didn't like that she had any questions to ask. He ended the phone call repeating that she now had a HEX on her... What does that even mean! Stay far far away from this guy. Also please note that I have NEVER left a review for anything but I felt that people need to know what an egotistical, unknowledgable FAKE this guy is.

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

I could never get him on the phone and his assistant told me many times "I don't know where he is or when he is coming back!". Everyone has been bitten by a tick according to him. It's 5 years later and I am still seeking medical help for my mystery ailment. It wasn't worth the trip for me.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2013 | flag

Unacceptable that the mailbox is full and you cannot return this doctors phone call.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2013 | flag

I found Dr. Sabovic to be very kind, supportive and helpful. It was great to have the support of such a knowledgable doctor after visiting so many others and receiving little help or respect. I travelled from Toronto, Canada to see him.

Submitted June 28, 2013 | flag

He does not take insurance. At first, I thought he was very knowledgeable, however, when I asked a lot of questions (he does not like that and is not very patient at all), he got frustrated. He does not like to be challenged, and in serious cases, you must do that. I personally think he has jumped on the lyme and mold bandwagons, and would prescribe meds without appropriate labwork for a condition you don't have the lab work to prove. That is not practicing good medicine as far as I'm concerned. My child for the very first time was put off and said I will never come back here. We have had many experiences with dr's and this is the very first time she ever something, and I agree. He has quite a temper, and just slammed down his book and pen after my last question. I know my child's history, and do a lot of research. He does not like that nor does he like people who use support groups or forums online. He calls them "cults." Many people like him, but for us it was a personality clash.

Submitted March 23, 2013 | flag

Very attentive. I came a long way, so was not able to afford to keep seeing him. He would not quit trying to help me for a long time even though I was so far, Texas, away.

Submitted July 18, 2012 | flag

Very nice man, but thought he was an average doc. I moved onto someone who found more co infections in me than Sabovic. He failed, several times, to call me back, even when I told his assistant something was wrong. I know there are so few LLMDs, and that they are busy with patients, but when something's wrong, you need to call your patients back. I think he simply doesn't realize he needs to hire more staff. At least a PA or a nurse to call people back.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2011 | flag

very good dr. takes time to make a valid diagnosis.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2011 | flag

Going to about 7 doctors....some regular physicians and some specialists, no one could figure out what was wrong with me. For almost a whole year I suffered from joint pain, weakness in specific muscles, difficulty controlling my walking, memory loss, depression, vision problems....you name it I had it. Dr. Sabovic was the only md who figured out what was wrong with me, treated me not only for Lyme but also found out my thyroid was dangerously low. After starting meds after only several weeks I started feeling like a new person. And I know people who went a lot longer than one year without getting answers, imagine how they suffered. Dr. Sabovic is an extremely knowledgable man who listens, cares and actually cures people! I would highly recommend this dr. to anyone.

Submitted June 9, 2011 | flag