Rate Dr. Zijad Sabovic

Dr. Zijad Sabovic's Ratings

I am not the patient here but my husband has been for three years. He went there originally to treat his lyme disease condition and antibiotics were prescribed which is ok. Not long after my husband complained that he was tired and suggested to Dr. Sabovic to prescribe him Dexedrine (Amphetamines). Amazingly the doctor did. Not only my husband got addicted to this, he started taking more than prescribed and he stopped taking the antibiotics. Dr. Sabovic failed to follow up on him and completely oversaw my husband's new liking to these kind of medicines. We are here three years later and my husband told the dr he wanted to stop the Dexedrine and what do you guess he prescribed him with Adderall (amphetamine salts), medication also prescribed to people with ADHD and Narcolepsy and also highly addictive. Not only one week later my husband started taking more than prescribed. I called the doctor to make him aware that he has a substance abuse problem that he has failed to see and the lady at the front desk said she will forward the message to call me back. 5 days later the doctor hasn't called back so I decide to give them back a call. The same lady answers me and says he hasn't have time to get back to me. I tell her that when I say someone is abusing the prescription you gave them I consider it an emergency. Again a day later and this "compassionate" doctor hasn't called back. I know there is the HIPAA but I don't need him to disclose anything from my husband I just want him to be aware of the substance abuse so he stops prescribing him this. In the meantime this man has turned a lyme disease patient into a drug addict.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I had a good experience with Dr. S.
The person talking about a Hex, probably misunderstood Herx reaction and needs to do some reading about Lyme disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Dr Sabovic is a poor excuse for a doctor. My mother has been very Ill with lymes. After research she found Sabovic was a "specialist" (WHAT A JOKE)... She went to him and right away he switched the standard meds that she was on. She quickly got worse..... MUCH worse. She called him for 2 weeks non stop with no return phone calls and full mailbox. When she finally gets him on the phone he tells her off and yells at her. He had no answers to her questions and told her that she just waisted 15 minutes of his life (not our fault he is pathetic and doesn't have any knowledge in his "specialty"). He proceeded to get very nasty with her and clearly has a huge ego issue and didn't like that she had any questions to ask. He ended the phone call repeating that she now had a HEX on her... What does that even mean! Stay far far away from this guy. Also please note that I have NEVER left a review for anything but I felt that people need to know what an egotistical, unknowledgable FAKE this guy is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2371111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I could never get him on the phone and his assistant told me many times "I don't know where he is or when he is coming back!". Everyone has been bitten by a tick according to him. It's 5 years later and I am still seeking medical help for my mystery ailment. It wasn't worth the trip for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][551107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2013

Unacceptable that the mailbox is full and you cannot return this doctors phone call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][551106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2013

I found Dr. Sabovic to be very kind, supportive and helpful. It was great to have the support of such a knowledgable doctor after visiting so many others and receiving little help or respect. I travelled from Toronto, Canada to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][551105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

He does not take insurance. At first, I thought he was very knowledgeable, however, when I asked a lot of questions (he does not like that and is not very patient at all), he got frustrated. He does not like to be challenged, and in serious cases, you must do that. I personally think he has jumped on the lyme and mold bandwagons, and would prescribe meds without appropriate labwork for a condition you don't have the lab work to prove. That is not practicing good medicine as far as I'm concerned. My child for the very first time was put off and said I will never come back here. We have had many experiences with dr's and this is the very first time she ever something, and I agree. He has quite a temper, and just slammed down his book and pen after my last question. I know my child's history, and do a lot of research. He does not like that nor does he like people who use support groups or forums online. He calls them "cults." Many people like him, but for us it was a personality clash.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][551104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Very attentive. I came a long way, so was not able to afford to keep seeing him. He would not quit trying to help me for a long time even though I was so far, Texas, away.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][551103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Very nice man, but thought he was an average doc. I moved onto someone who found more co infections in me than Sabovic. He failed, several times, to call me back, even when I told his assistant something was wrong. I know there are so few LLMDs, and that they are busy with patients, but when something's wrong, you need to call your patients back. I think he simply doesn't realize he needs to hire more staff. At least a PA or a nurse to call people back.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][551102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2011

very good dr. takes time to make a valid diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][551101].votes_count ]]