You may also like

Rate Dr. Zijad Sabovic

Dr. Zijad Sabovic's Ratings

Dr. Zijad Sabovic begin saving my life three years ago. Within a year of graduating college, I began getting very sick. After seeing various doctors in two different states, I was finally diagnosed with Lyme Disease and was seen by several doctors who told me "you need serious treatment and I'm uncomfortable with treating this disease", "this [Lyme Disease] is not my area", "you should go back to Connecticut", "I highly doubt you have Lyme Disease". My health deteriorated quickly following my diagnosis and I had to quit my full time job because I was bedridden. I was finally referred to Dr. Sabovic. Dr. Sabovic is attentive, caring and very knowledgeable about this terrible illness. I facilitate a Lyme Disease support group in Meriden and I often share my story and how I have been able to reclaim more and more of my health since I started seeing Dr. Sabovic. His experience in treating LD has saved my life and I am so grateful to have a doctor that actually cares about the well being of his patients.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2780005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Sabovic's for 15 years. Dr. Sabovic is Board Certified by the American Academy of Family Medicine and he is a Fellow of the American Academy of Family Medicine. The Degree of Fellow recognizes AAFP members who have distinguished themselves among their colleagues, as well as in their communities, by their service to family medicine, by their advancement of health care to the American people and by their professional development through medical education and research. Fellows of the AAFP are recognized as Champions of Family Medicine. Dr. Sabovic gives patients his cell phone number and his patients can call him 24/7. None of my other doctors do this. Dr. Sabovic diagnosed me with Lyme Disease and gave me appropriate antibiotics so that I did not continue to suffer from yearly bouts of pneumonia. He diagnosed me with MGUS, a precursor to multiple myeloma, which none of my other doctors had noticed. He helped choose and coordinate my care with other doctors for 2 surgeries that I needed. He treats patients using a combination
of allopathic (traditional) and alternative medicine. Dr. Sabovic also helped me coordinate
care for my father when he needed heart surgery. My father was not his patient, but I asked
Dr. Sabovic for his help because I was overwhelmed in trying to make decisions and he came to my aid. Dr. Sabovic is a kind and caring physician and delivers what is basically concierge medicine.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2778387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Sabovic literally saved my life! I was misdiagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and put on some serious meds for about 8 months. I could barley walk and was so fatigued that after work I went straight to bed everyday. I missed playing with my children and socializing with friends. After seeing Dr. Sabovic, he determined I had Lyme disease. He was able to get me off those meds slowly, while treating the Lyme effectively. He gave me my life back and I will be eternally grateful! I find him to be caring, compassionate, honest, and always available. I have called him late at night and on the weekends occasionally and he ALWAYS gets back to me. I have sent several family members to see him and they are all thrilled with his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2774953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I must say I was very impressed with Dr Sabovic's staff and with Dr himself. This was my first appointment with him regarding my Lyme Disease. He spent 1.5 hrs with me and was amazing. I am a review reader and must say one of the reviews I read was so unjustified. He greeted me himself, as I arrived before his very kind, helpful staff. Hopefully, I am on the road to recovery with this diagnosis and the prescribed medications and the healthy supplements he has suggested I take. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to natural healing and not once did I pick up on any lack of knowledge on his part regarding alternative medicine. Wants to work with both avenues to heed healing.
His accent, which the rating stated was heavy, was there but there wasn't a word that wasn't as clear as a bell.
I realize this was my first visit and I will write another review in a couple months when I return to him for a follow up. Much will happen during that period of time, I will honestly write another review. I don't believe I will see any of the accusations seen by the person who wrote the review on Feb, 2015. Hoping he does care as much as he presented because I am putting my disease into his hands and doing it with confidence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I was very ill with Lyme disease and went to Sabovic for several years. He is truly a terrible physician with a serious ego disorder. His heavy accent and "language barrier issues" are just a cover for his unwillingness to communicate effectively. He's really kind of an a**hole. He is not motivated to be truly kind, as his patients willingly settle.
His employee, Ermina, the woman who answers his office phones, lies, overcharges and does not relay messages. Worst of all is her blatant, appalling lack of giving a shit, and her readily-admitted primary interest in money, money, money (The bottom line with Sabovic's office). Don't let Sabovic's acting ability fool you --he has no empathy. He got me addicted to Dexedrine, too. Then he suddenly stopped prescribing it, making me EXTREMELY ill. He's nothing short of a psychopath who charges $250. a visit. If you ask him any questions, he wont listen, wont respond, wont care! Save your money, save yourself a lot of time and aggravation, go to ANYONE ELSE. ANYONE. Oh, and Sabovic is listed as a "thyroid expert", which is also a bunch of horseshit.

When he prescribes the wrong medications and dosages, he often later flies into a rage and blames the patient. He usually writes down misspellings of supplements he 'prescribes', without providing any information on how to take it, what it is, or any information whatsoever. The last one he told me to take had been pulled from the market for over two years. Another one, which Id been taking for two (2) years, wasn't effective because it was the wrong form. Appalling. And totally unnecessary.

Sabovic never, not once, followed up on my care. I was so desperate, I continued to see him...especially when he kept telling me how "impossible" it was for me to find care elsewhere. (?)

As far as other reviewers gushing about how "amazing" it is that Sabovic answered their call... Really? .Raise the expectation bar and fully EXPECT your health care professional to answer their cell phone --its their job. I wish people would stop supporting jerks like this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

Not only did he get my disability aproved he made me feel almost normal again. This guy is amazing. He is extremely busy even still managed to pick up my call to his cell phone on a sunday afternoon!!! No doc ive ever seen had a office and cell number listed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I am not the patient here but my husband has been for three years. He went there originally to treat his lyme disease condition and antibiotics were prescribed which is ok. Not long after my husband complained that he was tired and suggested to Dr. Sabovic to prescribe him Dexedrine (Amphetamines). Amazingly the doctor did. Not only my husband got addicted to this, he started taking more than prescribed and he stopped taking the antibiotics. Dr. Sabovic failed to follow up on him and completely oversaw my husband's new liking to these kind of medicines. We are here three years later and my husband told the dr he wanted to stop the Dexedrine and what do you guess he prescribed him with Adderall (amphetamine salts), medication also prescribed to people with ADHD and Narcolepsy and also highly addictive. Not only one week later my husband started taking more than prescribed. I called the doctor to make him aware that he has a substance abuse problem that he has failed to see and the lady at the front desk said she will forward the message to call me back. 5 days later the doctor hasn't called back so I decide to give them back a call. The same lady answers me and says he hasn't have time to get back to me. I tell her that when I say someone is abusing the prescription you gave them I consider it an emergency. Again a day later and this "compassionate" doctor hasn't called back. I know there is the HIPAA but I don't need him to disclose anything from my husband I just want him to be aware of the substance abuse so he stops prescribing him this. In the meantime this man has turned a lyme disease patient into a drug addict.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2559594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I had a good experience with Dr. S.
The person talking about a Hex, probably misunderstood Herx reaction and needs to do some reading about Lyme disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Dr Sabovic is a poor excuse for a doctor. My mother has been very Ill with lymes. After research she found Sabovic was a "specialist" (WHAT A JOKE)... She went to him and right away he switched the standard meds that she was on. She quickly got worse..... MUCH worse. She called him for 2 weeks non stop with no return phone calls and full mailbox. When she finally gets him on the phone he tells her off and yells at her. He had no answers to her questions and told her that she just waisted 15 minutes of his life (not our fault he is pathetic and doesn't have any knowledge in his "specialty"). He proceeded to get very nasty with her and clearly has a huge ego issue and didn't like that she had any questions to ask. He ended the phone call repeating that she now had a HEX on her... What does that even mean! Stay far far away from this guy. Also please note that I have NEVER left a review for anything but I felt that people need to know what an egotistical, unknowledgable FAKE this guy is.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2371111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I could never get him on the phone and his assistant told me many times "I don't know where he is or when he is coming back!". Everyone has been bitten by a tick according to him. It's 5 years later and I am still seeking medical help for my mystery ailment. It wasn't worth the trip for me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][551107].votes_count ]]