Dr. K.T. Yoong

Rate Dr. K.T. Yoong

Dr. K.T. Yoong's Ratings

The doctor himself has pretty good bedside manner, the receptionist is another story. Answer the phone when people call woman. Contrary to what others have said I find him pretty punctual.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

Always late, never on time; not much we as a patient can do.

Submitted May 5, 2012 | flag

I was very impressed with him! He was professional, courteous and non-judgemental. I'm very excited to have found a new doctor.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2011 | flag

Great doctor! Does a thourgh check including all tests required

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

Wait Wait Wait and then wait 2 more hours. Good bedside manner, and knowledge but you have to wait all day. Even when booking first appointment of the day he arrives 45 to 60 min late. My time is as valuable as his, and a 2hour plus wait is unacceptable

Submitted June 22, 2009 | flag

Dr. Yoong is a thoughtful and empathetic doctor who listens to you and acts accordingly. He could be prompter seeing patients BUT he never rushes you out or deals with only one problem and then asks you to make another appointment for subsequent things. He handles everything you present during your visit.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2008 | flag

Yes, the waiting is long with Dr. Yoong. The thing that gets me is he has WSIB forms that are almost two months old that he hasn't sent in. He has forms from my accident that my lawyer has requested repeatedly that haven't been sent, he has referrals that he wrote asap on that are still not sent for almost two months. DR> YOONG what are you doing to me. This is my life, my mortgage won't wait. He has to many patients and he is overworked. I have to many medical problems for him to have time for. but wht do you do? There are no other doctors to go to?

Submitted Oct. 17, 2007 | flag

Dr. Yoong is an amazing Doctor no doubt and yes he does have too many patients but look he would take on you and your whole family. He is very helpful doesnt mind if you come to the doctor and you have 5 issues to talk about. He will take the time to address each one. He is older but he does have a vast knowledge of the doctors within the Durham Region he knows the best of the best when it come to refferals for doctors. He is very knowledgeable makes you feel comfortable and at ease when you are in his presence. As well Coreless is by far the best sercertary around she will always call you back try to fit you in if it is urgent and is so kind and is a great asset to Dr. Yoong's Practice. Also Dr. Yoong helps out in urgent care and he also looks after me there and treats me as if i were in his office. I am so lucky to have such a well mannered and professional doctor like him.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2007 | flag

May be some wait-like all doctors, always fits me in and if he is unsure, will refer to a specialist to get a second opinion. Much appreciated. as he is a general family practice. HE is not a medication Pusher, he usualy tells me to suck it up and I will get over it. Have taken on my entire immediate family.

Submitted April 2, 2007 | flag

Wait Wait Wait and it takes weeks and weeks to get an appointment.Too many patients. Very limited knowledge with respect to pregnancy,especially pregnancy related complications. Didn't know how to make a referral to the high risk clinic at Women's college in Toronto. Told me it couldn't be done but another doctor made the referral and I was in in a week. Knowledge of infant health seems to be lacking. He will usually make referrals to specialists without hesitation however his knowledge is limited to services offered in the Durham area. He is a nice man, good bedside manner

Submitted March 29, 2007 | flag