You may also like

Rate Dr. Evelin Ibrahim

Dr. Evelin Ibrahim's Ratings

I was experiencing severe dizziness for a week. I was concerned that my new blood pressure medication may be the cause so I decided to go to Newport Medical Clinic. I had checked my blood pressure a number of times that day and it was hovering around 160/100. I saw Dr. Evelin Ibraham. From the very start of the appointment she gave me every non-verbal clue that she wasn’t interested in my concerns and suggested that I make an appointment with my GP. In her attempt to speed me out of the office she quickly tested my BP and advised “good news it’s a perfect 120/80!” I was concerned that she didn’t properly conduct the test: she had under-pressured the cuff, took a very quick glance at the readings and the whole process took about 3 seconds. I decided not to challenge her and I went directly from the clinic to re-test my BP at a pharmacy and it was still hovering around 160/100. I immediately went back to the clinic and re-booked another appointment with her. I asked why she would lie and mislead me about my BP to speed me out of her office. She denied that was the case. I asked her to re-test my BP and she declined stating that my BP was perfect. I advised I wasn’t going to leave until she tested my BP so she unwillingly performed the test and it was 160/100. She then said that my BP was high because I was upset. What a joke you are a disgrace to the medical profession and a hypocrite to the Hippocratic Oath!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2754507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Terrible!!!! In the middle of a Pap test, full exposure and uncomfortable, Dr. Evelyn Ibrahim stopped to answer her cell!!!!! About home renovations!!!! How unprofessional!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2618232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Ibrahim for years. I feel very confident in her expertise as I have had various health issues over the years and she has always been compassionate and caring in dealing with them. She also has a very nice personality and is easy to talk to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Even with an appointment she takes forever to get to you. Takes frequent long weekends where the office is closed.

I went to her with morning sickness so severe I had lost 22 pounds in 2 months. She told me that since I am already overweight, it was a good thing I've lost so much. She them told me we couldn't find the baby's her rate on doppler because I have fat on my stomach.
Went to er. I was in serious distress and needed four days of iv rehydration and medication though she said I was fine.
Every time I see her, she makes me feel like what I am sick with is because I'm overweight. I'll never go there again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2537559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2504906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

best doctor I've had in my life. She is kind, understanding, and is very helpful. I highly recommend her to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

I have been patient of Dr. Evelin Ibrahim for the last 7 years and I can assure she is one of the best doctors I have known in BC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

Dr. Ibrahim misdiagnosed me and then when I said I wanted a second opinion she insisted on treating me in her office. Another time she prescribed a medication that I thought was countraindicated with what I was taking but she insisted it was fine. I got very, very sick. When I went to another doctor they were horrified that the second medication was prescribed in conjunction with the first. When I asked to see my file she said I wasn't allowed. When I said I would take it up with the BCMA she remembered it would be ok to show me. Find a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1321525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

If you ever want to feel like a burden instead of a patient, see Mrs. Dr. Ibrahim. I have had my concerns waved off as unimportant, and upon expressing my hesitation towards a particularly extreme treatment for my chronic illness, I was told I was being irrational and if I didn't want the treatment then my problem must not be that serious. Color me unsurprised when I did some research and found a number of gentler, effective, alternative treatments for my condition.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1321524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

One of the worst doctors I've seen in my life. Office is dirty, she took an hour to come to me once I was in the room and then told me my complaint wasn't that bad. Pathetic bedside manner. Uncompassionate, not knowledgeable (unfamiliar with both of my script refills) and rushes patients. I feel like crap after leaving like I've just wasted her time. Felt this way before too but this time was tooo much that I had to leave a review.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321529].votes_count ]]