Rate Dr. Greg Kotylak

Dr. Greg Kotylak's Ratings

this dr is the father of the poster boy for the 2011 stanley cup riots, in 2011, nathan.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542227].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

WORST DR EVER!! He was late by over 1.5hrs for my consult then quickly rushed me through, asked me to think of any questions I have while he checked on another patient. 15 minutes later, the receptionist who informed me Dr Kotylak has left for the day. Then, my colonoscopy was over 2hrs delayed, he had THE WRONG CHART and called me by the WRONG NAME then got mad at me for not replying to him. When I tried to make a joke to break the tension, he got really mad and yelled "I know exactly what you are here for and that's EXACTLY what you'll get"..then everything went black. I woke to my fiance telling me Dr Kotylak was extremely rude to her when she asked to speak to him about the procedure. He then discharged me BEFORE I passed ANY gas saying the dept was now closed and he was late for another appointment. I was rushed back to the hospital an hour later with internal bleeding due to 4 full colonoscopy procedures. AND, the diagnosis of Diverticulitis was WRONG!! Late for follow up apt too

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

I really liked Doc.Kotylak he was funny and gets down to what he has to do. No fuss no muss the way it should be. No he did not hold my hand that's what my family and friends are for. I would recommend him. He did a awesome job on my hernia and made the scare better than it was before. I'm very happy with him. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

Dr. Kotylaks's seems not to care if his patients die as a result of his undo care and attention during surgery and "impropperly prepping of the pateint". He is actually first to say "it wasn't my fault" when asked by the family "what happened?". He knows that if an older or young patient dies, the family has little recourse to sue because of Legalities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2013

I had an imbilical hernia taken care of .I read reviews saying he is rude and dosnt care.I say the opposite.He may be direct and sometines come across as dry,but I wasnt looking for a best friend I was lookimg for a good surgon.He saw me and put me on the list I was taken care of right in the time frame estimated .At the hospital he was very professional and did a very good job on me.I would not hesitate to recomend him and if there is something else that happens or comes up I would have no problem letting him take care of it

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

He totally blotched my wife's gall bladder operation, actually he almost killed her, she had to be sent immediately to VGH to fix up the mess he made. She also has a massive scar from what they had to do to save her. Also anyone that actually really knows him knows him to have lousy beside manner,rude to the extreme and unbelievably arrogant. I have heard nurses and other drs say the same thing. When he is on the ball he is good but unfortunately when he is preoccupied (probably thinking about golf) he is haphazard and lazy in what he does. And it seems to occur far to often.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

Dr Kotylak saved my life. I went in the hospital thinking I had a very bad flu, when I actually had a stomach ulcer and toximia. Within an hour, Emergency at Ridge Meadows had me in for a 4.5 hour surgery. As I had just had a tummy tuck a few months before, I asked Dr. Kotylak to try to keep it as pretty as he could, which he did. After the surgery, I was in the hospital for 9 days and just wanted to go home, but Dr. K kept me in until everything was clear. Dr. K's a very busy man, but always had the time to inform me what was going on with my health. He also is very thorough with his follow up and I am currently going back to see him weekly until everything is perfect. Thank you, Dr. Kotylak, for being you and making it so I can go on to have a good life. Words could not express my gratitude and I would trust Dr. K with my life at any time!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2012

I had a navel hernia surgery back in March 2011. He did an excellent job of it and good follow up. The scar is healing very well and I'm extremely happy with the results!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2011

Very skilled surgeon.He has done 3 surgeries for me and I credit my survival 4 years cancer free to his care. Always listens, always acts quickly. Always direct, honest and blunt communication. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a really good surgeon.The fact that his teenage son has no impulse control has nothing to do with his skill and compassion as a doctor. Let the justice system do its job and let everyone else get on with thiers, whats done is done, time to move on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1321717].votes_count ]]