Rate Dr. Joseph Askin

Dr. Joseph Askin's Ratings

I loved having Dr. Askin for my family doctor - he always took the time to listen, was insightful and had an intuitive sense of what was wrong, and he was bang-on every time. His receptionist Pam was outstanding. The only complaint I have about him is how he left his practice without communicating this to his patients. The doctor who replaced him is alright, but she has misdiagnosed me on a few issues and attempted to change up Dr. Askin's prescribed medication regime that was working well for me. I'm extremely disappointed he left family medicine - he was one of the few truly good doctors left in this broken Canadian medical system that seems to produce egomaniacs with no bedside manner. Good for him for pursuing his passion, but as a patient, his sudden departure without communicating it to the patients who held him in such high esteem felt like a betrayal.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2011 | flag

Up until two years ago, Dr Askin was helpful, courteous, and very cautious, which we loved. However, he became cold and uncaring. He did not pur forth any efforts to ensure that his patients were cared for after his retirement. He told us to visit healthlink.ca to find a doctor in the midst of this shortage. I had been experiencing seizures, and the cause was unknown. Because he left us with no referral, I was left without a doctor for months, and had several seizures. Now we have found that there is a doctor taking over his practice, and we received no phone call from him or his office notifying us of this important information. I have to say that, despite his obvious knowledge and high-quality care in the beginning, Dr. Askin's attentivness faltered near the closure of his practice.

Submitted May 7, 2007 | flag

Prior to Dr. Askin's departure from general practice to a specialized sleep setting.. he forgot to communicate my husbands needs to the replacement doctor. Because of this lack of communication my husband was hospitalized.

Submitted April 19, 2007 | flag

He treated my whole family and we were very sad to see him change his focus from family medicine

Submitted April 12, 2007 | flag

Dr. Askin has looked afte my husband for many years and is truly a caring physician. A few years ago my husband underwent some tramatic health issues and Dr. Askin always had the time to discuss things with us and comfort us, as well as refer us to the appropriate specialist. We are soooo sorry he is leaving private practise and know his shoes will be hard to fill.

Submitted March 29, 2007 | flag

A truly wonderful and caring physician which hasked with me on several of my health problems over the last 10 years. Now going to a sleep clinic in Calgary. I truly hopes he misses his practice enough to be a family physician again. Follows his oath and always tries to give enough time to cover problems.

Submitted March 13, 2007 | flag