Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu

Rate Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu

Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu's Ratings

Dr sekyi-otu miss-diagnosed me and when I tried to make another appointment to see Him to find out why my hip pain was getting worse, His secretary refused to give me an appointment. She said Dr Sekyi-otu had done all he could for me, which was nothing, he told me to take anti- inflamatories and go to physio. I am in extreme pain. I now found a real Dr and have been correctly diagnosed. I require hip surgery to remove a mass from my hip and possibly may need a hip replacement. this Dr waisted a year of my time and pain.I hope he cares more about other patients than he did about me.

Submitted May 11, 2011 | flag

My son plays multiple high school sports and tore his ACL in early May 2010. We saw Dr. Sekyi-Otu in late June. Although clearly busy (with numerous patients still to see) when we got in to see him, he do not make us feel rushed. Sensing my 16 year old son’s apprehension about his future athletic prospects, Dr. S-O put him at ease, clearly explaining the surgical options for ACL repair. He even drew a diagram showing how the procedure would be performed. He was very knowledgeable and displayed a confident manner. When an unexpected cancellation occurred in his schedule, Dr. S-O offered it to my son, performing his arthroscopic procedure much earlier than we had hoped. The surgery was entirely successful. Dr. S-O even called our home the following day to check on my son’s condition. Following 6 months of rehabilitative physio, my son was cleared to begin light field workouts. Now, 3 months later, he’s back to full workouts and looking forward to the next football season in September.

Submitted April 18, 2011 | flag

Dr Sekyi-Otu is one of the Doctors I will recommend,my visit to him was very informative, he listens to you and he gives you options,he makes you feel as if all will be well.I left his office knowing he is te Doctor I will put my confidence in to do my knee surgery.Thank You Doctor Otu.Valerie Mohan.

Submitted July 22, 2010 | flag

Professional, compassionate, appropriate follow-up after surgery with physiotherapist attending.

Submitted June 23, 2010 | flag

I had a severely broken ankle in December 2007. he completed the surgery placing a plate and 7 screws on the outside and 2 large screws on the inside of the ankle. I was 6 weeks no weight bearing. From The time I was able to walk, I have had inner right ankle pain,sharp pain. When I complained of this pain the doc stated "the hardware is not interfering with mobility" I never got the issue of the inner ankle pain resolved by the doc except he was adament that the hardware not be removed. Here I am 2 years later with chronic ankle pain about to undergo another surgery with another specialist who feels that taking out the hardware may solve the problem. Dr. Seyki Oto was not interested in my ongoing pain.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu did my hip replacement in July '09; it was very successful and I am pleased with his professionalism and am going for my second follow up visit November 10th. He is a very good surgeon, I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2009 | flag

I recently had my 2nd ACL reconstruction using the hamstring graft. The Canadian medical system is very convoluted and it took forever to get to see a specialist. The lack of punctuality is more the system than the doctor. The "rush" feeling is the same with most specialist. I found him to be less rushed than the other specialist I saw. He is knowledgeable and did make time to answer my questions. The only thing I would say is that he didn't really offer alternatives even when there are. The huge wait for appointments to see these specialists and or to have the operation is made even worse by the lack of facilities. The surgeons want to operate but the Government controls costs by controlling the amount of facilities.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2009 | flag

Dr. Sekyi-Otu and his staff are always very helpful and make you feel welcome and comfortable. Dr. Sekyi-Otu is extremely accommodating, incredibly knowledgeable, very personable and truly a medical expert with great integrity. I cannot recommend him enough. Thanks for everything!!!

Submitted Sept. 14, 2009 | flag

I had an operation on my knee end of Feb due to an accident. Plates, pins and screws on Tibnal Plateau. The begining of May I had a DVT with an Pulmery Embulism (blood clot to the lung) I could have died if it went to the head. I was put in hospital for 8 days and the attending doctor (not Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu ) told me that I should have been on blood thinners. They immediately did and also gave me information regarding the blood thinners. The information stated that any surgery or breakage below the hips should be on blood thinners for 3 mths. When I asked Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu why he didn't do so...his response in a very cool manner said "I didnt know that you would clot!" Well this little mistake has cost me so much in lively hood and recoverying.....I still have clots!

Submitted Dec. 18, 2008 | flag

Dr. Ato Skkyi-Otu is definatly a shamful black spot for life saving medical profession. he is the worst doctor I have ever meet in my life. He never paid attention to my knee problem even never bother to listen the pain. I do not recommend any body to see him for medical problems. He is rude n rough in attitude, lack in patience, and unknowldgeable about his profession. I receommend the ministry of health to review him, stop him to work as a doctor and cancel his practice licence.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2008 | flag