Rate Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu

Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu's Ratings

I found Dr Sekyi-Otu to be outstanding. He is knowledgeable, personable and professional. His bedside manner is awesome and is follow up is impeccable. I highly recommend him to anyone with an orthopaedic problem

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

I just had a right ACL reconstruction done with Dr. Sekyi Otu on 9/10/14. I'm a young woman and this was my first surgery, first stitches, first IV. Well he did an amazing job! His secretary is always pleasant & super nice. He has great bedside manners, he was excellent at answering all my questions and concerns. He informed me prior to surgery that he would call me the following day to talk, as discussing things after would be difficult since I was under the anesthetic and pain killers, I thought that was a great idea!! The nurses and other staff at Brampton Civic were great too! I would highly recommend Dr. Sekyi Otu as well as return to him should I have future issues.

The only downfall was the long waitlist for surgery. But as I'm not an athlete this wasn't really a big deal.

Thanks so much Dr. Sekyi Otu!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2532567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Dr sekyi-otu miss-diagnosed me and when I tried to make another appointment to see Him to find out why my hip pain was getting worse, His secretary refused to give me an appointment. She said Dr Sekyi-otu had done all he could for me, which was nothing, he told me to take anti- inflamatories and go to physio. I am in extreme pain. I now found a real Dr and have been correctly diagnosed. I require hip surgery to remove a mass from my hip and possibly may need a hip replacement. this Dr waisted a year of my time and pain.I hope he cares more about other patients than he did about me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1323572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

My son plays multiple high school sports and tore his ACL in early May 2010. We saw Dr. Sekyi-Otu in late June. Although clearly busy (with numerous patients still to see) when we got in to see him, he do not make us feel rushed. Sensing my 16 year old son’s apprehension about his future athletic prospects, Dr. S-O put him at ease, clearly explaining the surgical options for ACL repair. He even drew a diagram showing how the procedure would be performed. He was very knowledgeable and displayed a confident manner. When an unexpected cancellation occurred in his schedule, Dr. S-O offered it to my son, performing his arthroscopic procedure much earlier than we had hoped. The surgery was entirely successful. Dr. S-O even called our home the following day to check on my son’s condition. Following 6 months of rehabilitative physio, my son was cleared to begin light field workouts. Now, 3 months later, he’s back to full workouts and looking forward to the next football season in September.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1323571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr Sekyi-Otu is one of the Doctors I will recommend,my visit to him was very informative, he listens to you and he gives you options,he makes you feel as if all will be well.I left his office knowing he is te Doctor I will put my confidence in to do my knee surgery.Thank You Doctor Otu.Valerie Mohan.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1323570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Professional, compassionate, appropriate follow-up after surgery with physiotherapist attending.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1323569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

I had a severely broken ankle in December 2007. he completed the surgery placing a plate and 7 screws on the outside and 2 large screws on the inside of the ankle. I was 6 weeks no weight bearing. From The time I was able to walk, I have had inner right ankle pain,sharp pain. When I complained of this pain the doc stated "the hardware is not interfering with mobility" I never got the issue of the inner ankle pain resolved by the doc except he was adament that the hardware not be removed. Here I am 2 years later with chronic ankle pain about to undergo another surgery with another specialist who feels that taking out the hardware may solve the problem. Dr. Seyki Oto was not interested in my ongoing pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1323568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2010

Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu did my hip replacement in July '09; it was very successful and I am pleased with his professionalism and am going for my second follow up visit November 10th. He is a very good surgeon, I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1323567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2009

I recently had my 2nd ACL reconstruction using the hamstring graft. The Canadian medical system is very convoluted and it took forever to get to see a specialist. The lack of punctuality is more the system than the doctor. The "rush" feeling is the same with most specialist. I found him to be less rushed than the other specialist I saw. He is knowledgeable and did make time to answer my questions. The only thing I would say is that he didn't really offer alternatives even when there are. The huge wait for appointments to see these specialists and or to have the operation is made even worse by the lack of facilities. The surgeons want to operate but the Government controls costs by controlling the amount of facilities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1323566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2009

Dr. Sekyi-Otu and his staff are always very helpful and make you feel welcome and comfortable. Dr. Sekyi-Otu is extremely accommodating, incredibly knowledgeable, very personable and truly a medical expert with great integrity. I cannot recommend him enough. Thanks for everything!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1323565].votes_count ]]