Rate Dr. Richard van der Jagt

Dr. Richard van der Jagt's Ratings

He is the best doctor , with a mind of researcher he is always upto date with the latest medical beak though for cancer. Such a committed person and you are very lucky if you have him as your doctor. I have been treated by him for lymphoma for two years and I wish there was a way that I could express my appreciation for what he has done for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

My father was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma 9 nine years ago. Dr. Van der Jagt was his oncologist from the very beginning of his battle. I cannot say enough good things about this man, as a doctor and as a person. He treated my father like one of his own family members. The caring and compassion he had throughout all the clinical trials that my father had to endure was amazing. My father started the last clinical trial in June 2013. Once again, Dr. VDJ held nothing back. He did everything in his power to have the treatments start ASAP to put the MCL into remission. Unfortunately my father had to be taken off the trial after 3 treatments. Dr. VDJ was incredible during this entire process and ensured that my father would have the best palliative care possible during his last few months with us. We could not have gotten through this without this incredible man. Anyone who has the opportunity to deal with him will be incredibly fortunate. Thank you Dr. VDJ for everything!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Van Der Jagt, since March of 2009. From the first time I/we met him, we felt completely at ease and confident. From his handshacke, to his demeanor, he exudes confidence and honesty. I have nothing bu praise and reverence for this doctor, as well as his super nurse, Nicole Kay. To be in their presence, is the most confident and secure feeling, a person can have. Their (bedside) manners are proffessional, courteous, exemplary and reassuring. I had never known this kind of service from a person in the medical proffession before and wish that ALL doctors and nurses, were as keen at their craft, as they are. As well, the staff at the General Campus of the Ottawa Hospital, including and ESPECIALLY, the medical staff at the 5th floor Medical Day Care, have always, in my many visits during treatment for CLL, gone ABOVE and BEYOND, with their supportive attitude and courtesy. Kudos to ALL of them, and we're fortunate to have these GREAT caregivers. Paul T. D'Aoust

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2013

Dr. van der Jagt treats each of his patients as if they were family. The effort and care he puts into his practice assists in the healing process to those in his care. Canadians are blessed to have Dr. van der Jagt as one of our own.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

Pleasant, on time most of the time, listens well. Explains the results and any procedure. Confident

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

Thorough though apt to jump ahead with tests/prescriptions that may prove unnecessary. Good sense of humour. Rushed (or overworked?) at times. Serious and concerned. Professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2011

Dr. Van der Jagt was extremely caring, professional and thorough. He put me at ease and was very sincere. He went out of his way to provide me the documentation I needed. I felt he was very honest and forth-coming, and he arranged several follow-up visits even when things looked fine, just to be sure. I highly recommend him and would choose to go back to him if I need to see a hematologist in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

How can anyone say bad things about Dr van der Jagt, not only did he bring me back to health, in full remission since Jan 2010 but at time determining my CML he put my mind at ease and more importantly my wifes as well.I know I could never repay him for his help and we need more doctors like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

He was amazing. Made me feel very comfortable. Didn't scare the witts out of me. In general very professional, yet had a good bed side manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2010

Dr. Van Der Jagt has always been very kind and compashinate to us at a very scary time. Most of the time he is on time with appointments but ocasionally has been late. He found other medical problems with my husband that other Dr's missed. We have seen him for 5 years and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1324041].votes_count ]]