Dr. Richard van der Jagt

Rate Dr. Richard van der Jagt

Dr. Richard van der Jagt's Ratings

My father was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma 9 nine years ago. Dr. Van der Jagt was his oncologist from the very beginning of his battle. I cannot say enough good things about this man, as a doctor and as a person. He treated my father like one of his own family members. The caring and compassion he had throughout all the clinical trials that my father had to endure was amazing. My father started the last clinical trial in June 2013. Once again, Dr. VDJ held nothing back. He did everything in his power to have the treatments start ASAP to put the MCL into remission. Unfortunately my father had to be taken off the trial after 3 treatments. Dr. VDJ was incredible during this entire process and ensured that my father would have the best palliative care possible during his last few months with us. We could not have gotten through this without this incredible man. Anyone who has the opportunity to deal with him will be incredibly fortunate. Thank you Dr. VDJ for everything!

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Van Der Jagt, since March of 2009. From the first time I/we met him, we felt completely at ease and confident. From his handshacke, to his demeanor, he exudes confidence and honesty. I have nothing bu praise and reverence for this doctor, as well as his super nurse, Nicole Kay. To be in their presence, is the most confident and secure feeling, a person can have. Their (bedside) manners are proffessional, courteous, exemplary and reassuring. I had never known this kind of service from a person in the medical proffession before and wish that ALL doctors and nurses, were as keen at their craft, as they are. As well, the staff at the General Campus of the Ottawa Hospital, including and ESPECIALLY, the medical staff at the 5th floor Medical Day Care, have always, in my many visits during treatment for CLL, gone ABOVE and BEYOND, with their supportive attitude and courtesy. Kudos to ALL of them, and we're fortunate to have these GREAT caregivers. Paul T. D'Aoust

Submitted Jan. 24, 2013 | flag

Dr. van der Jagt treats each of his patients as if they were family. The effort and care he puts into his practice assists in the healing process to those in his care. Canadians are blessed to have Dr. van der Jagt as one of our own.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2012 | flag

Pleasant, on time most of the time, listens well. Explains the results and any procedure. Confident

Submitted Nov. 30, 2011 | flag

Thorough though apt to jump ahead with tests/prescriptions that may prove unnecessary. Good sense of humour. Rushed (or overworked?) at times. Serious and concerned. Professional.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Van der Jagt was extremely caring, professional and thorough. He put me at ease and was very sincere. He went out of his way to provide me the documentation I needed. I felt he was very honest and forth-coming, and he arranged several follow-up visits even when things looked fine, just to be sure. I highly recommend him and would choose to go back to him if I need to see a hematologist in the future.

Submitted July 5, 2011 | flag

How can anyone say bad things about Dr van der Jagt, not only did he bring me back to health, in full remission since Jan 2010 but at time determining my CML he put my mind at ease and more importantly my wifes as well.I know I could never repay him for his help and we need more doctors like him.

Submitted March 23, 2011 | flag

He was amazing. Made me feel very comfortable. Didn't scare the witts out of me. In general very professional, yet had a good bed side manner.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2010 | flag

Dr. Van Der Jagt has always been very kind and compashinate to us at a very scary time. Most of the time he is on time with appointments but ocasionally has been late. He found other medical problems with my husband that other Dr's missed. We have seen him for 5 years and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr Van der Jagt treated my 51 year old mother for Non Hogkins Lymphoma. She was told that she should be optimistic and that everything would be okay. She opted to do the clinic trials and was not made aware of the risks involved. She did not have any health insurance and had been off work for being sick and she was only informed of the financial benefits of these clinical trials. She was referred to the team of Dr.'s 2 months before she died and we were no longer aware that Dr. Van der Jagt was no longer her Dr. I was only informed of this when I tried to make an appt for her to figure out what the heck was going on and he refused to see us. I was incredibly disappointed with the way my mother's case was handled and the outcome of her situation. I wish I had been her health advocate. If this is your Dr. make sure you ask many questions!!! He doesn't volunteer the info!!!

Submitted Jan. 25, 2010 | flag