Dr. Beverly F. Gilder

Dr. Beverly F. Gilder

Rate Dr. Beverly F. Gilder

Dr. Beverly F. Gilder's Ratings

I'm on disability for severe migraines. I chose Dr Gilder before I moved to Denver for college at DU. I chose her because she's a self proclaimed "migraine specialist". She was rude and late to every appointment for nearly 9 months of visiting her. Kristi is just as rude and snippy. Dr Gilder told me on numerous occasions that "nobody feels my pain" "that I've delt with the pain for this many years I can handle the rest of my life in pain". When I wanted to have a baby she told me that I have to choose between treatment and mother hood then a different occasion told me I had to choose between school and mother hood. She told me that if I stopped seeing her that she would make sure I never got care again. She told me the first 5 minutes i met her that she had no interest in seeing me as a patient. I would NEVER recomment this lady to ANYONE!!! She's a terrible doctor and she doesnt have a clue about alternitive medicines or things I could do to alleviate my pain at home I was ginnea pig

Submitted Sept. 28, 2013 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Gilder for two years. She is a good listener and is up to date on new treatments. My level of care here has been outstanding compared to the others I have seen. Her staff has also gone out of her way to help. I would recommend her to anyone.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Gilder is a great doctor! I found her willing to spend time with me to answer all questions but when I needed to have a follow up, that was hard to do. Kristi, the receptionist, is so rude, condescending, and snippy that I am researching finding a new doctor. When asked to leave the Dr. a message, she acted as if I was putting her out. Thought she would have quit years ago. She is obviously not a happy person.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

When I stepped into the office, fully prepared with completed paperwork, there was no one there. I waited a few minutes for the receptionist (Kristi) to appear. Dr Gilder appeared a half hour after my appointment time. Seemed like she was having a bad day with possible family issues (her children?), but I did not receive any explanations or apologies from the Doctor. Kristi was kind and courteous. Dr Gilder was abrupt and rude. In fact, she stood up and left without a word about halfway through the exam and returned a few minutes later. Interrupted me during the appt and did not give me time to ask questions. She seems very knowledgeable, but I'm looking for a new neurologist who is courteous with better bedside manner and she is not it.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2012 | flag

I love Dr. Gilder and her office staff. Dr. Gilder takes great care of us. My husband suffers from horrible migraines and I have issues from a spider bite. I never feel like my questions are stupid. I have seen a couple neurologist and Dr. Gilder has been the best. She is a very smart Dr.! I have never had a problem with her staff actually quite the opposite, Kristi is lovely. The wait, of course there is a wait, but I think about how much care I get and realize there is someone else is need.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gilder is very knowledgeable. She was the third neurologist I had seen in 4 years and was the first who was able to put me on meds that helped. However, the wait time to see her is awful! Every time I have gone in to see her I have had to wait 30 min-1 hr after my scheduled appointment time. Her secretary is nasty. She is condescending, rude, and just nasty. She has made me cry on more than one occasion. Also, if you leave a message for Dr. Gilder in an emergency it takes anywhere from 10 hours to days to hear from her. Her secretary on the other hand never calls you back. This has been a very upsetting experience that a doctor could know so much about her field, but everything else about the practice is awful.

Submitted June 23, 2012 | flag

Ahh...relief that a neurologist is listening and really hearing my issues. Dr Gilder is very easy to talk with and gave me as much time as I needed to discuss my illness and formulate a plan of action. Very happy with this doctor. Her receptionist couldn't have been nicer.

Submitted April 11, 2012 | flag

Not impressed. She kept us waiting for 1hr,15min. before seeing us. Her ofc is a CLUSTER and extremely unorganized. I'm questioning her as a Dr. seeing as how she has no nurse staff and her ofc mgr was sporting jeans and a nice nose ring. After seeing her, we faxed paperwork from my husband's ins. co to approve short term disabilty. The paperwork has been in her ofc for over 1 week, still hasn't responded. We call everyday and get the response "it's on her desk". My guess is she cannot locate it due to the lack of organization in her ofc. My husband is also having an allergic reaction to the pain meds and we asked her to change them. It's been 24 hrs and will still no response. I'm hating myself for taking my husband here and now we feel "stuck". Do yourself a favor and find a REAL Dr., even if you have to wait, it's worth the wait!!

Submitted Sept. 28, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gilder herself is a capable doctor. She is intelligent and knows what she is doing. Not a huge personality but I don't feel that is important. My issue is with her staff. The rudest,condescending,demeaning and obstructive. Due to my disease I cannot articulate well and in a timely manner. Her MA looked at me like I was an insect. This was my third appointment and I am going to go elsewhere.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2010 | flag

Beverly Gilder has been a saving grace in my life. I used to have Migraines every week until she introduced me to Topomax and now I only have them once every few months. I'm ever appreciative that I met her.

Submitted March 11, 2010 | flag