Dr. Beverly F. Gilder

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/04/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Beverly F. Gilder has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

04/04/14 SYSTEM: City changed from "LITTLETON" to "ENGLEWOOD"

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Beverly" to "Beverly F."
RID: 2884592
28/09/13 1 1 1 1 I'm on disability for severe migraines. I chose Dr Gilder before I moved to Denver for college at DU. I chose her because she's a self proclaimed "migraine specialist". She was rude and late to every appointment for nearly 9 months of visiting her. Kristi is just as rude and snippy. Dr Gilder told me on numerous occasions that "nobody feels my pain" "that I've delt with the pain for this many years I can handle the rest of my life in pain". When I wanted to have a baby she told me that I have to choose between treatment and mother hood then a different occasion told me I had to choose between school and mother hood. She told me that if I stopped seeing her that she would make sure I never got care again. She told me the first 5 minutes i met her that she had no interest in seeing me as a patient. I would NEVER recomment this lady to ANYONE!!! She's a terrible doctor and she doesnt have a clue about alternitive medicines or things I could do to alleviate my pain at home I was ginnea pig
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2678190
13/06/13 5 5 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. Gilder for two years. She is a good listener and is up to date on new treatments. My level of care here has been outstanding compared to the others I have seen. Her staff has also gone out of her way to help. I would recommend her to anyone.  Respond
RID: 2553892
07/02/13 1 3 4 5 Dr. Gilder is a great doctor! I found her willing to spend time with me to answer all questions but when I needed to have a follow up, that was hard to do. Kristi, the receptionist, is so rude, condescending, and snippy that I am researching finding a new doctor. When asked to leave the Dr. a message, she acted as if I was putting her out. Thought she would have quit years ago. She is obviously not a happy person.
RID: 2428814
19/09/12 5 1 3 4 When I stepped into the office, fully prepared with completed paperwork, there was no one there. I waited a few minutes for the receptionist (Kristi) to appear. Dr Gilder appeared a half hour after my appointment time. Seemed like she was having a bad day with possible family issues (her children?), but I did not receive any explanations or apologies from the Doctor. Kristi was kind and courteous. Dr Gilder was abrupt and rude. In fact, she stood up and left without a word about halfway through the exam and returned a few minutes later. Interrupted me during the appt and did not give me time to ask questions. She seems very knowledgeable, but I'm looking for a new neurologist who is courteous with better bedside manner and she is not it.
RID: 2407573
22/08/12 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Gilder and her office staff. Dr. Gilder takes great care of us. My husband suffers from horrible migraines and I have issues from a spider bite. I never feel like my questions are stupid. I have seen a couple neurologist and Dr. Gilder has been the best. She is a very smart Dr.! I have never had a problem with her staff actually quite the opposite, Kristi is lovely. The wait, of course there is a wait, but I think about how much care I get and realize there is someone else is need.  Respond
RID: 2284047
23/06/12 1 1 4 5 Dr. Gilder is very knowledgeable. She was the third neurologist I had seen in 4 years and was the first who was able to put me on meds that helped. However, the wait time to see her is awful! Every time I have gone in to see her I have had to wait 30 min-1 hr after my scheduled appointment time. Her secretary is nasty. She is condescending, rude, and just nasty. She has made me cry on more than one occasion. Also, if you leave a message for Dr. Gilder in an emergency it takes anywhere from 10 hours to days to hear from her. Her secretary on the other hand never calls you back. This has been a very upsetting experience that a doctor could know so much about her field, but everything else about the practice is awful.
RID: 2010808
11/04/12 5 5 5 5 Ahh...relief that a neurologist is listening and really hearing my issues. Dr Gilder is very easy to talk with and gave me as much time as I needed to discuss my illness and formulate a plan of action. Very happy with this doctor. Her receptionist couldn't have been nicer.  Respond
RID: 1548937
28/09/11 1 1 1 2 Not impressed. She kept us waiting for 1hr,15min. before seeing us. Her ofc is a CLUSTER and extremely unorganized. I'm questioning her as a Dr. seeing as how she has no nurse staff and her ofc mgr was sporting jeans and a nice nose ring. After seeing her, we faxed paperwork from my husband's ins. co to approve short term disabilty. The paperwork has been in her ofc for over 1 week, still hasn't responded. We call everyday and get the response "it's on her desk". My guess is she cannot locate it due to the lack of organization in her ofc. My husband is also having an allergic reaction to the pain meds and we asked her to change them. It's been 24 hrs and will still no response. I'm hating myself for taking my husband here and now we feel "stuck". Do yourself a favor and find a REAL Dr., even if you have to wait, it's worth the wait!!
RID: 1286831
04/11/10 1 2 3 4 Dr. Gilder herself is a capable doctor. She is intelligent and knows what she is doing. Not a huge personality but I don't feel that is important. My issue is with her staff. The rudest,condescending,demeaning and obstructive. Due to my disease I cannot articulate well and in a timely manner. Her MA looked at me like I was an insect. This was my third appointment and I am going to go elsewhere.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1125462
11/03/10 2 4 5 5 Beverly Gilder has been a saving grace in my life. I used to have Migraines every week until she introduced me to Topomax and now I only have them once every few months. I'm ever appreciative that I met her.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1112329
22/02/10 3 3 1 1 My experience with Dr Gilder was horrible. She was rude and condescending. Her bedside manner is awful. I have suffered with BPV for several years, but she talked to me as though I knew nothing about it. The meds I take manage it for me, but she wanted me to stop taking them and have an MRI. It wasnt just me she treated rudely, I saw her treat another patient the same way. That patient even made a comment to me about her demeanor. Dont waste your time going to this Dr.
RID: 708076
23/10/08 5 4 5 5 I see Dr. Gilder for my MS. She has been wonderful to talk to and obviously very knowledgeable in her field. It is true that there is a long wait for a 1st patient visit, but I started to relapse about 3 weeks before my scheduled first appointment and she and her staff dropped everything to get me the medical attention I needed to stop the exacerbation. (Which was absolutely amazing considering I had never met her before.) That was 5 years ago and I have been seeing her regularly since. Any time I have called with questions or concerns, I have been responded to very quickly. I feel like Dr. Gilder bends over backwards to care for her patients.
RID: 648581
25/07/08 4 4 2 1 I didn't have a very good experience with Dr. Gilder. Her initial Dx and treatment plan left me with neurological symptoms that could have been avoided if I had been treated earlier. Her level of knowledge surrounding my rare neuro condition was minimal, and it was presented as a benign condition that could not, and was not causing any of my symptoms. Because I was young and ignorant, I believed this. It wasn't until I started to experience worsening symptoms did I get proper treatment, which was surgery. The surgery could not reverse the symptoms I already had, but only slow the progression. Now, I would definitely like to say that I believe Dr. Gilder did the best she could given her level of knowledge at the time. I have found it is not uncommon for many neurologists to misdiagnose my condition. In this case, the problem does not lie in the doctor necessarily, but rather in the lack of sufficient education about my condition in medical school.  Respond
RID: 550329
27/03/08 5 4 3 5 Dr. Gilder is very knowledgeable about her field. She is the third neurologist I have seen, and after many frustrations about a very intermittent seizure disorder, she has been very informative and, for the most part, understanding about Anti-Epileptic Drugs (AEDs) and their side effects. I sometimes feel rushed during appointments with her, but it is somewhat understandable, since there is always someone in the waiting room. Her office staff is outstanding, but you almost invariably have to leave a message and wait for a response. The office is also often closed for holidays and extended weekends. Appointments are therefore booked far in advance. My only complaint about Dr. Gilder is the same complaint about most neurologists, in that they are unwilling (or unable) to take the time to discuss non-drug treatments. Overall, I think she is a very capable Neurologist who may get a little frustrated with annoying patients at times.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 71968
18/12/06 5 5 5 Dr. Gilder is the best Neurologist I have seen and I have seen a few. She is patient with stupid questions and has the unique ability to treat you like a person and not like an appointment. If there were a "6" on this scale, I would be rating her that. I'm seeing her for a elusive seizure disorder that is taking me years to isolate and she's being very methodical, careful and kind about going through the process of treating me.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 51132
18/10/06 5 5 5 Dr. Gilder is very knowledgeable about MS. She is up-to-date on the latest meds and truly cares about her patients. She wants to do what is best for them.Diana McNabney  Respond
RID: 7722
24/05/05 3 4 5 Dr. Gilder is very knowledgeable about migraines. She is up-to-date on the latest medicines -- those for stopping a migraine while it is happening, and also those for preventing future migraines or making them less frequent. She is knowledgeable about the side effects of the various drugs, and warned me what warning signs to watch out for. The first drug she prescribed had unpleasant side effects for me. She was willing to change the prescription to a different drug that worked better for me. I believe everyone is different in how they react to a drug, so it is important that a doctor be willing to listen to a patient's reactions to a drug. Unfortunately, it takes a long time, several weeks, to get a "new patient" appointment with her. Her waiting room has unpleasant fluorescent lights that tend to give me a migraine, ironically, while waiting to see her, a migraine specialist. (So bring your sunglasses if a migraineur! She also deals with other types of neurological problems.
* - Rating left by a registered user