Dr. Michael Manicatide

Rate Dr. Michael Manicatide

Dr. Michael Manicatide's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Knowledgeable, professional and always demonstrating very good active listening skills. All in all, a very good family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2012

Very knowledgeable and understanding - LISTEN to patients - always helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2012

For almost 10 years I find him helpful and knowledgeable, staff needs improvement

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2011

Disappointment is an understatement in this doctor's case. Everything is fine as long as you don't have real medical issues. If you go once a year for the checkup and you have no problems, all is well. God forbid you get something serious! My husband had a real emergency and it could have ended badly, if I wouldn't have gone around Dr. M's approach and solved the problem directly with a surgeon. It was then when I lost my trust in him, but we kept going for the annual checkups, being too complacent and lazy to start looking for a new doctor. Recently I found out he shortened his office hours AGAIN, Mondays being only for walking clinic from 2 pm to 7 pm. It looks like he is on semi-retirement and the only reason he comes to the office is to get the OHIP money for his retirement. I am fed up and have started the grueling process of finding a new doctor. I know it will be hard, but I am not having another annual checkup with Dr. M. I am tired of him and his "professionalism".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

Dr. Manicatide is an excellent Doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and caring. He will not refer you to perform tests when it are not necessary. However, he is thorough and when he refers you to other doctors they also very knowledgeable. He often stays late and comes in early to accomodate patients. I would recommend him to any patient. His wife is very professional as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2009

Dr. Manicatide has been my doctor for about 4 years now. He is extremely helpful, encouraging, very knowledgeable and up to date in his field. He has the best bedside manners I've seen in a doctor. A very courteous man who will stay many times after the office closing hours making sure all his patients were looked after. Many thanks doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2009

He is excellent - friendly and all - if you don't have any serious problems. God forbid you have something serious, he has no flair to figure it out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2009

Long waits, rude secretary, and the doctor is not helpful at all. He tries to chit-chat rather than trying to diagnose the problem. I don't recomend him at all; you will regret later. Some people like him because he chats a lot (not on topic), but everybody else has to wait an hour or more because of it. He came up with idiotic diagnoses for me such us: 'your lung has shrunk' because I had shortness of breath, and 'beef deficiency' (what?!)... I would be very wary of those who rate him highly (do NOT trust those ratings)...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2009

I believe he's more interested in charging OHIP than really helping you as a patient. His failure (not knowledgeable? distracted? too old ?) to recommend proper tests could have dire consequences.... Had to move to another family doctor .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325867].votes_count ]]