Rate Dr. Bruce Gay

Dr. Bruce Gay's Ratings

Felt we were wasting his time. He spoke to relative but not to patient directly. Slow to make follow-up appointment with oncologist. Sympathy appeared artificial. Unimpressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I feel very gratefule to have had Dr Gay for recent cancer surgery. He spent a lot of time before the surgery explaining everything and answering my questions. I never felt rushed. Before the actual surgery he took time to calm my nerves,and at the two week follow up he was equally professional and not in a rush. his receptionist is also incredibly efficient. Don' know how she keeps up! Sincere thank you , Dr Gay!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2447790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

Dr. Bruce Gay is a very compassionate and friendly person who is extremely knowledgeable and able to explain the details of the surgery clearly (procedure, risks, what to expect, etc.). Fortunately for me, he was able to complete a difficult surgery entirely laparoscopally, which I understand many surgeons would not have attempted, allowing me a much shorter and easier recovery. For follow-up, he came personally to speak with me, and was accessible afterwards through his clinic, to have questions answered. He took the time put me at ease, and was willing to address my worries and questions prior to surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

I feel very fortunate to have been referred to him. Very compassionate. Very good surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gay's for over 12 years now, having had 3 cancer surgeries, at which other doctors have marvelled at the beautifully done incisions he has made. He is a very wonderful, caring and good humoured man - one of the few who actually call to ensure that everything is going well. Without his support, my journey would not have been so easy, and I look forward to my "visits" with him. Unfortunately, he is leaving Oakville in April to settle in Ottawa and I will miss him greatly. Oakville Hospital will suffer a great loss when Dr. Gay leaves. :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Dr. Gay is one of the most caring doctors I have met. He goes above and beyond to help his patients. He has great sense of humour and makes you feel comfortable. He is very professional and knowledgeable. Although they are very busy his staff does their best to accommodate you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2012

I saw Dr. Gay last week for the first time and I found him to be extremely professional, helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable. He was accommodating and his staff has done everything they can to make me feel like a priority and I appreciate that very much. I would recommend Dr. Gay to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

Excellent doctor - he had me in for a colonoscopy just over 2 weeks after seeing him for first time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2011

My dealings with his staff in the office were after my operation amd I found them always accomodating and helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

I have a couple of procedures done by Dr. Gay is outstanding. He makes you feel confortable, has a great sense of humour and very responsive to your questions and concerns. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326174].votes_count ]]