Rate Dr. Salim Esmail

Dr. Salim Esmail's Ratings

I've been seeing Dr. Esmail for years - I think he's a god send - my pain has been nil since seeing him, and I had spend years going to physio therpaist, sports injury specialists, massage therapy, chiropractors, accupuncturist, so many, I'm sure I've forgotten some. Not sure why the reviews are so incredibly opposite. Grateful that my experiences have been 100% positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

This doctor sees patients for WCB. Why an orthopedic surgeon is seeing patients with brain trauma is beyond me. Instead of listening to my complaints about my injury, I was told I was depressed and he spent 25 minutes trying to prescribe me anti-depressants, despite both my wife and I telling him I am not depressed. All that said, he did seem knowledgable about medicine, but his role seems to be in contradiction to his specialty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2011

He's expertise and gentleness are much appreciated. I have total pain relief for at least six months - well worth the discomfort and money. Will highly recommend Dr. Esmail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2011

If I could give this "hack" zero's - I would. As soon as he saw me, he told me I needed surgery on my knee - before doing any tests. That should have been a red flag, but I thought he knew what he was doing. After surgery I went to physio as I was told and was making no progress. I went back to him for a follow up and was told I was fine, but gave me some "nerve blocker" shots anyways to help with the pain and sent me on my way. Long story short...1 1/2 years later, still couldn't walk without crutches and in pain when I applied pressure. I went to a chiropractor and surprise - my knee was out of joint (due to his inabilites to perform a proper surgery or follow up) A week later I was fine. I also found out later, when I read the surgical report from the physiotherapist, that what he told me he did in surgery was a lie. I don't think this guy should be in practice, I definetly would NEVER let anybody I know go to him. If it is "fast" to get in to see a specialist, there is a reason.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

Excelllent doctor. He did evluation of my car accident injuries. Very sharp and quick to pick up injuries missed by other doctors. i would recommend him to any lawyer or doctor any time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

I am so grateful for the referral to Dr. Esmail. His knowledge, professionalism and care have provided me with the only remedy for my back/neck injury I incurred eight years ago. He's a god send!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2010

Okay, this is a little weird as I took my mother to see him regarding injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident, I was a little concerned when the appt was at 7pm, the office had nothing in it, no medical files, no reception, just a couple of chairs in a 10x10' room and an adjoining 10'x10' room if that. This office is in Toronto, so he is currently practicing in both cities. Be careful, he did not speak much to my mother, didn't look at her (wouldn't have let her remove any articles of clothing in this location) Not sure what his final report will be, starting to get skeptical about doctors!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2008

The rudest, most ignorant doctor I have ever seen. I have never felt so overlooked and ridiculed in all my life. I dislike him immensely and would NEVER recommend him to anyone, not even my worst enemy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2008

I went in with an issue he choose to treat with a cortisone injection. I was informed I would get 6 months relief. When I inquired about 'What then' Dr Esmail said I would need to continue receiving cortisone injections until I qualified for knee replacement, which he said should not be for 20 or so years (I am in my early 40's) I have gone the route of physio therapy and my symptoms have almost entirely disappeared. I felt he really had no time for me or my problems or questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

I was referred to Dr Esmail by WCB following surgery on my hand. During my visit the Dr stated I had been scheduled prematurely as I still had pins in my hand and was still wearing a full splint. I was originally scheduled for a 1.5 hr assessment. He took a quick look at me, did not tell me he was doing a back to work assessment and without discussing with me determined between himself and WCB I could return to work. Yet his notes state NO use of left hand, I was living alone and could not even dress myself, groom etc. My surgeon and family physicians still a few weeks later deemed me NOT fit for work. This Dr sided with WCB in order to end my benefits without any consultation with me. I am now having to Appeal and have been without WCB benfits for 3 months. I believe this physician not to be trusted and failed to disclose what he is doing with my file or during my visit what decisions he is making regarding my livelehood. It was all quite underhanded.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1326206].votes_count ]]