Rate Dr. Kenneth Logue

Dr. Kenneth Logue's Ratings

For me, Dr. Logue has been somewhat helpful, and I see that most reviews on this site are positive, but unfortunately has treated me in a manner that fails to keep to the standards of The Royal College of Physicians of Canada. When I first went in to see him he was more than beside himself when I gave information pertaining Medications I receive for anxiety and depression. He basically shouted at me saying "if I was working at St. Michael's and I gave an 80 year old these medications I would be fired!!!!!!" First of all we were not in a hospital and I was 55 at that time, which clearly was disgraceful, dishonourable and unprofessional. Amongst the somewhat usual "complaints" or "conditions" ( For very definite reasons I have become very wary of using terms describing "what" a patient goes to a Dr. for, or what the Dr.
s job exactly is) I had terrible pain due to 3 growths, proven to cause nerve damage in my L4 and L5 regions and needed some medication, as previous Doctors had done at the St. Clair Medical Associates had done, without any significant problem. He always treated me with suspicion, unlike any previous Doctors had done around this treatment. Unfortunately he completed missed the neuropathy and thought that he was treating me for serious arthritis in my left arthro-clavical joint and it wasn't until March that I went in with the report furnished me from an MRI done in 2010 showing Degenerative Disc Disease at multiple levels. I had been in so much pain from the neuropathy in my lumbar region that I had to say to him up front at an appointment in March 2014 " Dr. Logue, I feel that compassion is the Mother of Medicine. "When he saw the report that mentioned fatty growths, a filum terminale and other issues in my Lumbar region he claimed he thought he had been treated me for only the A/C problem he increased the dosage of pain medication as befits such a situation. However, he generally left me with the impression that he didn't want to see me in the office. The pain would sometimes get ahead of me so I took not an alarming rate more of medication which he gave me a TERRIBLE amount of distrust during highly stressful appointments for me. Not treating a patient or caring for a patient's problems caused by nature I was appalled is certainly grounds for filing a complaint with the CPSO. Not only this but his secretaries are absolutely the most vicious, rude, judgmental and VERY poorly skilled as opposed to what I remember them being like 10 yrs ago ( I have been at this practice since the early 90's). As for Dr. Logue's punctuality, and hour or an hour and a half wait was the usual, once causing me to leave an appointment as I teach school and cannot leave the school in the lurch. I think both the public who read this as well as he himself ought to know better after they read this 100 per cent truthful account.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2618721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Ken has been my GP since 1987. I spent a period of time out of Ontario and yet when I returned in 2012, he took me back immediately. I am forever grateful as I have recently developed significant ongoing chronic medical issues. Ken is incredibly knowledgeable and yet does not hesitate to bring in other medical professionals when necessary. He is NOT a prima donna. HE encourages me to ask questions. He encourages me to challenge myself and calls me on my own crap. He is serious and to the point, but ALWAYS has time when time is necessary. While I hesitate to commit him to this with others, I had a significant care opportunity which had serious time constraints, when Ken became aware of the constraint he CALLED ME AT HOME ON THANKSGIVING DAY, to ensure that I was aware of what I needed to do to obtain the best care I needed. He is a real class act.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1327037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

My first family doctor was fantastic and when he retired from his practice I ended up with two doctors in a row who were sub-par. I thought I would never find another one like the first one. Then I got Dr. Logue. Dr. Logue is probably even better than my first, fantastic, doctor. He is courteous, interested, friendly, thorough and apologizes when he is late, (which is understandable given sometimes doctors need to see someone on short notice that is begging for an appointment). He's run tests that are supposed to be run for an ailment that I found one of my other doctors never ran. He is highly recommended and everyone should be so lucky to be able to have a doctor like him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1327036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

I have found Ken to be a very helpful and supportive GP. He has helped me with a number of health problems and has always been thorough, senistive, and approachable. An exellent GP

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1327035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

Ken Logue is a first rate doctor--sympathetic, careful, unsentimental, objective, good at giving both good and bad news, excellent on follow up and prevention, excellent as a listener and in allowing the patient options. He is also pleasant and open and he impresses one as a doctor who keeps up with trends; he does not sit at his computer but gets up and does physical examinations; his great strength is preventive measures; that is, he looks at your age and determines from factors if certain diagnostic tests should be done to prevent disease; he offers sound counsel when he is asked and is completely positive toward the aged, those of different sexual orientation and manner. Highly recommended for both middle age adults and older ( I have no knowledge of his work with children)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1327034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

I just had my first appointment with Dr. Logue, as he is replacing my ailing former doctor. he's pretty amazing, took the time to educate me on a serious health issue i'm dealing with, and came across as very honest and highly knowledgeable. he's the first doctor i've had that i feel i can trust, and whose main concern is the health of the patient. i'm also pleased to read all these other wonderful reviews that confirm my initial impression.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1327033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Louges for around 25 years and have always been happy with his knowledge, thoroughness, friendliness and interest and concern about my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1327032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2011

Dr Logue was up-to-date on the latest medicine and added at least 10 years on to my mothers life (angina, plus unusual type of cirrhosis). Terrific coordination of her care. Excellent GP who gives real meaning to this specialty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1327031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2010

I have been treated by Dr Logue for 12 yrs since I was diagnosed with HIV. He has always been extremely caring and compationate, up-to-date & thorough. His referals to specialists are always right-on & he is always willing to take what ever time I need to understand their reports. This is one of the greatest Drs in Toronto. His staff on the other hand could be a lot more compationate & considerate of the patients needs. One in particular tends to be a little on the arrogant side.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1327030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2010

He's a wonderful doctor with a terrific personality and very easy to talk with. He always takes an amazing amount of time to discuss the issue or problem with me. I never feel rushed or cut-off. The staff are a different matter, often somewhat difficult to get an appointment, with a couple of times taking over 2 weeks to be seen which I don't think is acceptable (even for a non-urgent issue). Overall, a terrific doctor that I feel fortunate to be a patient of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1327029].votes_count ]]