Dr. Sheriff Paul Nessim

Rate Dr. Sheriff Paul Nessim

Dr. Sheriff Paul Nessim's Ratings

Dirty office and very rude. Will not return! Receptionist is rude.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2014 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Nessim for about 7 years now. Yes, he can be moody at times, but he is always knowledgeable and helpul. He noticed a few skin conditions on me that other doctors never mentioned (and I got so used to it, never thought of doing something about it) and prescribed medication to get rid of it. He does the blood work himslef, which I think is great, he explains things and talks about different treatment options. When he does a full physical, he actually does a FULL physical, for both men and women (in comparison to some other GP that may miss a step). He has a family practice as well as walk ins, so those without an appointment might need to wait longer. When there is an appointment, there might be a wait, but it is usually fairly short. There is free parking nearby (underground, with the permit stamped by the Drs office) and a pharmacy on the plaza.

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

He is the worst Doctor I have been too. He is not a people's person and lacks empathy. If you ask him for an opinion, he is quick tempered, insulting. He is very unprofessional and unhelpful but quick to write a prescription. He does not honor his appointment and will make you wait. His office chairs has bed bugs and are so dirty. His office is so filthy and I dont think he has a cleaner. Even his receptionist complains about him to me. If you are desperate go to a clinic you will get better service there. Trust me, he would make you feel 10x worst than you feel if you are already sick. I would never go back

Submitted April 11, 2014 | flag

I tried to tell him my symptoms. He would not listen to them and kept telling me to go to emergency. It wasn't an emergency then, I had had the same pains sporadically for years usually lasting 10-15 minutes. It would be finished before I got to emergency. A year later when I had a bad attack I ended up having major abdominal surgery. If he had listened to me in the first place maybe he would have thought it sounded like gallstones.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Nessim is great! I have been seeing him over 20 years. He always listen to what I have to say and take time to examing me. Yes, you might have to wait a long time but it is worth for the wait. I had a cough a few months ago and had not getting better, he sent me to get a x-ray and always asked me to follow up with him.

Submitted April 9, 2013 | flag

The receptionist is beyond rude. She is not helpful & quite insensitive. The office is dirty. The Dr. has not put any money back into his practice to spruce it up, change the dusty carpet runner, or wipe the door. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, the Dr. does not take time to listen to his patients. Recently, I became pregnant & went to the Dr. to confirm. He took my blood & that was it. On my following visit which was suppose to be my 1st prenatal exam, he took 8 tubes of blood, took my height & weight. That's it! I became frustrated with his lack of attention & expressed deep concern that I had been spotting for a couple days & that it was getting worse. He said, "if you're gonna have a miscarriage, you're gonna have a miscarriage. There's nothing you can do about that!" I was shocked. He didnt send me for a ultrasound or do a pelvic exam. When leaving I had to ask how far along I was & what my due date is. Later the same day I went to the ER. I miscarried & lost my baby.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2011 | flag

I'd seen this Dr for quite some time when he first started practising. He was alright back then b/c he needed to establish his patient base. Once he did, it became a totally different story. He began writing prescriptions for everything rather than listening to my concerns and he became increasingly more arrogant and condescending. Anyway, I stopped see him for 2 reasons 1) He began scheduling 3 people for the same time which meant very long waiting times and 2) He literally screamed at me when I asked him to help me quit smoking. He belittled me; telling me how disgusting smoking was, that I was a weak person, etc. (did he really think I wasn't aware of the negative impacts of smoking?!). I never went back - I was so embarrased. Best decision I ever made too b/c now I have a fantastic Dr (female) who understands women's health concerns and doesn't just write prescriptions and tell me that I'm "just stressed".

Submitted April 25, 2011 | flag

HIS STAFF IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL.THE DOCTOR IS NOT FRIENDLY AND DOESNT LIKE TO REFERR TO SPECIALIST.I HAD PAIN ON THE LEFT SIDE AND I STILL HAVE NOW BUT HE JUST TOUCH THE POINTED PART OF MY BODY,ASK IF I HAVE PAIN NOW...I DIDNT HAVE AT THAT TIME,THTA'S ALL.I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS PAIN NOW,ESPECIALLY I HAVE IT IN THE NIGHTS

Submitted April 14, 2011 | flag

Dr Nessim is friendly and to the point. He's an old-school no-nonsense type of Dr, but he's not rude or condescending. He gives you good advice and tries to get you healthy and on with your day. I've been going to him for a few years and find him helpful and good overall.

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

Dr. Nessim is an excellent doctor. Yes, he is very busy...but he will take the time to see everyone that walks through his door. Dr. Nessim will attend to all of your concerns...dont be afraid to ask questions! He is very approachable...and after all it is your health! I have heard some people complain about his demeanor and these claims are ridiculous. The good doctor is very personable, pleasant and professional.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2011 | flag