Rate Dr. Naveen Arya

Dr. Naveen Arya's Ratings

Dr.Arya is the reason I am doing so great today. I have had Chrons since the age of 16 and many surgeries. I used to go to Mount Sinai to see a specialist and when problems started arising again Dr Arya was the only doctor that was able to help me. I don't only consider him my doctor but a real friend, has always given me the right advice and never steered me wrong.

The only negative comment I have about his office would be his receptionist she needs to be more people friendly and not be so miserable everytime I go there or have to call his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr Arya was very kind with compassionate with my mother's care. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Thorough and reassuring, but staff did not info me on fasting requirement. To be fair, the appt was set up by St Joes in TO.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Thank you for looking after my son . My daughter in law says you were wonderful when my son was very ill recently. Thank you so much from J & J Duffin England

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

I have no idea what the complaints are below. Over a one week period I saw many many Drs at Oakville Hospital and Naveen Arya was simply the best there was. Very friendly, Answered all my questions, all my concerns. Put me at ease every step of the way through various procedures.

Dr Sohull or whatever he is called is basically the reflection of the comments below.

I will not see anyone else but Naveen Arya for my condition going forward. Hes practically one of the best in North America in his field and I know for a fact hes aiming to be the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

I hate writting negative comments but I'd advise anyone against having this doctor. Very personable and friendly but had me in the hospital after gallstone pancreatitis I wasn't improving all week he finally had me leave hospital told my parents I was addicted to pain medications. Neither the doctor or nurses picked up that I was allergic to the antibiotic they had me on through intravenous but my family doctor noticed. Thank goodness. It causes a lot of pain. He had been suggestive to me that I'd taken quite a bit of medications or sedatives to have such an immunity to some knock out Meds when I really jusy don't take or absorb medications well which an anesthesiologist had picked up on their first meet with me. Overall it was a lot of pain for something that could've been avoided....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1328247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I am very happy with Dr Arya as my specialist... but it's his secretary I have a problem with... I get anxious knowing I have to call his office just to make an appointment to see him... She is rude, abrupt & has definately no patience in listening to any concerns when I call... I hope that by next year when I have to call to schedule an appointment she'll have left this position and moved on, as she's most definitely in the wrong job, working with the public. She seriously can't be a happy individual herself if she feels she has to treat & talk to Dr Arya's patients the way she does. Nasty character...

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1328273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

Dr. Arya seemed like a nice, respectable doctor the first few times I had appointments with him. Recently I had a colonoscopy and he had suggested that I change my meds. He apparently checked my records and stated that the particular type of meds had not been prescribed to me before. Well, when I went to the pharmacy, they indicated that I had been prescribed the meds before, of which I had some major reactions to. I indicated this to the pharmacy and they said that they would contact him for an alternate medication. He responded to them saying that I had no reaction to the meds and to fill the prescription. The pharmacy called me to let me know his response.I told them again that the doctor was wrong. They contacted him again only to get the same response. Then I got a call from his secretary insisting that this was my only option for medication and for me to start taking the meds. He does not have his records straight or care for his patients. I will not be seeing this doctor again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1328272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1328275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2011

Dr.Naveen Arya is friendly and knowledgeable but upon questioning his diagnoses for which he had no test results for he seem to become quite defensive and then did not want to talk to me any more. I have had colitis for 10 years and know the signs of a flare up. He prescribed pepto bismol / buscopan ? Consequently i was hospitalized at mac university. This behavior is reckless and will hurt someone one day. Nice guy but be careful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1328271].votes_count ]]