Rate Dr. Naveen Arya

Dr. Naveen Arya's Ratings

I hate writting negative comments but I'd advise anyone against having this doctor. Very personable and friendly but had me in the hospital after gallstone pancreatitis I wasn't improving all week he finally had me leave hospital told my parents I was addicted to pain medications. Neither the doctor or nurses picked up that I was allergic to the antibiotic they had me on through intravenous but my family doctor noticed. Thank goodness. It causes a lot of pain. He had been suggestive to me that I'd taken quite a bit of medications or sedatives to have such an immunity to some knock out Meds when I really jusy don't take or absorb medications well which an anesthesiologist had picked up on their first meet with me. Overall it was a lot of pain for something that could've been avoided....

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

I am very happy with Dr Arya as my specialist... but it's his secretary I have a problem with... I get anxious knowing I have to call his office just to make an appointment to see him... She is rude, abrupt & has definately no patience in listening to any concerns when I call... I hope that by next year when I have to call to schedule an appointment she'll have left this position and moved on, as she's most definitely in the wrong job, working with the public. She seriously can't be a happy individual herself if she feels she has to treat & talk to Dr Arya's patients the way she does. Nasty character...

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Arya seemed like a nice, respectable doctor the first few times I had appointments with him. Recently I had a colonoscopy and he had suggested that I change my meds. He apparently checked my records and stated that the particular type of meds had not been prescribed to me before. Well, when I went to the pharmacy, they indicated that I had been prescribed the meds before, of which I had some major reactions to. I indicated this to the pharmacy and they said that they would contact him for an alternate medication. He responded to them saying that I had no reaction to the meds and to fill the prescription. The pharmacy called me to let me know his response.I told them again that the doctor was wrong. They contacted him again only to get the same response. Then I got a call from his secretary insisting that this was my only option for medication and for me to start taking the meds. He does not have his records straight or care for his patients. I will not be seeing this doctor again!

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag

Submitted Nov. 18, 2011 | flag

Dr.Naveen Arya is friendly and knowledgeable but upon questioning his diagnoses for which he had no test results for he seem to become quite defensive and then did not want to talk to me any more. I have had colitis for 10 years and know the signs of a flare up. He prescribed pepto bismol / buscopan ? Consequently i was hospitalized at mac university. This behavior is reckless and will hurt someone one day. Nice guy but be careful.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2011 | flag

My Mother who was a patient of Dr Arya. After a month in OTMH with worse pain than when she was admitted, after this doctor put in a liver stent that was too large I had to take my Mother three weeks later a day after she was discharged to another hospital where the same procedure had to be redone as the stent Dr Arya used was way too large and that stones were left behind that should have been removed. I had asked repeatedly this very arrogant doctor to come back to see my mother over a three week period as we knew something was wrong as my Mother does not complain, only to be told he had told the nurse he had no reason to see my mother until the removal of the stent six weeks later and refused to come and see her....She was so pumped up with narcotics she was released from the Hospital by yet another useless doctor. My 79 year old mother had to suffer unnecessarily Dr. Arya because of YOU, YOU are a disgrace to your profession

Submitted June 16, 2011 | flag

Based on three visits, I found him friendly and knowledgeable but upon questioning, I was told to read up on my condition on line and ask again next time. My like him but there is definitely a feeling of 'the meter is running'

Submitted Jan. 31, 2011 | flag

Dr Arya is amazing. He is so thoughtful and personable. The best, and I would most definitely recommend him.

Submitted May 13, 2010 | flag

Dr Arya is a great doctor and is very knowledgeable in his field. His secretary however is rude and very unhelpful. Despite long wait times to get an appointment and a procedure I would recommend Dr. Arya.

Submitted April 22, 2010 | flag

Dr. Arya is an arrogant doctor who will not allow a patient to question anything he does. He acts like ke cares, asking again and again if we were alright with everything but as soon as we bring up any problems or reservations he shuts down and will not discuss it. My husband was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease almost twenty years ago. He has a PhD in organic chemistry and understands his condition, and the medications that go with it, better than our family doctor! But Dr. Arya won't listen to him and is unwilling to discuss anything but the heaviest (and most dangerous) drugs, which my husband does not need at this time. I can see how those who don't question their doctor could see him as a nice and compassionate doctor, he is, until you challenge him, then he is one of the worst doctors to talk to.

Submitted April 13, 2010 | flag