Rate Dr. Keith Menard

Dr. Keith Menard's Ratings

This is the best doctor we have ever seen. I would never see another pediatrician since we have met Dr Menard. He is the brightest and most caring doc we have ever met!

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

The worst Doctor, and rudest receptionist, ever. He sent a student doctor in because he was so busy. Seemed unable to get test results, even after 6 months and many phone calls. He should be ashamed of himself. A pediatrician who doesn't care about a sick child. If you hear his name, ask for another referral.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2013 | flag

We have seen Dr Menard 3times in regards to my husband's daughter. Dr Menard doesn't do much in the way of diagnosing ADHD in children. Left it up to the school and us to deal with. Mother has other child with Adhd so she helped us with what medication would help and we went back to Dr Menard to get the meds. From what I have seen he has just took her weight and height talked to her for a bit and sent us on our way. No help at all. We have information from school to support that she is probably ADHD. He is very nice and talks very caring to the children. But I have found no support to the parents dealing with not knowing anything about ADHD and how to help their child. We continue to go to him because it is to support school documentation to have her have help in school. When I get a chance she will be going to a different Ped.

Submitted July 9, 2013 | flag

he saw my daughter when she was born at nanaimo general, so when it came time for her to see a pediatrician there was no doubt that he was the one i wanted to see. i got in very quickly and he calmed my nerves about her skeletal bones. shes now one and i have another one on the way and cant wait to see more of him. he is such a wonderful guy to talk to and doesnt make me feel like im just some young mom, he listens to my opinions and discusses things always in a calm matter. my daughter loves seeing him and always smiles. he makes her feel very comfortable and the office is so welcoming.

Submitted July 10, 2012 | flag

Was very helpful in getting my son help with his toes. When we had a hard time finding an orthopeadic surgeon he stood his ground and found someone for us after others declined the referral.

Submitted April 27, 2012 | flag

Dr Menard was the Pediatrician On-call at NRGH when our infant was admitted with pneumonia. Dr Menard was very calm, collected, helpful, and encouraging. Did not rush us, helped align other resources in town for our son (other issues). Great with children, his calm (non-stressed) easy going manner is hard to come by. He told us that we could stay with him as pediatrician (we had referral to one in diff. town) if we wished to have consistency with his issues. Really happy with him, and our experiences so far.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2010 | flag

Dr Menard is a very caring and gentle doctor. He has seen each of our children, and has never been rude or hurried. He spands lots of time with them and they love seeing him. The story below about being rude makes no sense to me either, but if you want drugs for your childs school trouble, he is propably not the person to see. I know that he prefers to not use medications if at all possible.

Submitted May 27, 2009 | flag

A fantastic doc. Our family has been incredibly fortunate to have this man caring for our two children over the past few years. He has always been gentle, caring and knowlegable. The last writers story makes no sense. That could not be our doctor!

Submitted May 21, 2009 | flag

I took my son to him a few years ago after a referal to a different PED ended me up with an appt with him ... with all the history infront of him he diagnosed my child with "learning disabilities" .. stated to make an appt for in another 3 months, I called to make an appt after that timeframe and was told he didn't want to see us, the issue was resolved ..... now 2 years later my son has been diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. With the proper medication he is nearly 10 years old now and a straight A student. I found he was arrogant, told my son to stop being rude and interupting and shoved you out of his office. Now with a pending referal for my other son to a PED in town I am hoping it doesn't end up being him again, as there is no way I would suggest him to anyone, complete waste of time and tramatic for your children

Submitted April 19, 2009 | flag

This Doc is right on the money,after years of wondering what condition ailed our 15 year old daughter (severe anxiety) he spotted it and lead us in the right professional path to effectively deal with that condition and to that,we are forever grateful.My teen felt very comfortable with him.We are lucky to have him in Nanaimo

Submitted July 3, 2007 | flag