Dr. Elizabeth Samson

Rate Dr. Elizabeth Samson

Dr. Elizabeth Samson's Ratings

poor bedside manner. see her in the morning when she is in a good mood, rather than at the end of the day. but I do appreciate that she will send me and my kids for tests just to be on the safe side. as she says "better safe than sorry" every test we've gone for came back normal, but it was good to know she didn't just brush off small symptoms.

Submitted July 25, 2014 | flag

Some may see Dr. Samson as a curt, but I prefer someone who will tell me what the situation is and not try to sugarcoat the truth or worry that I may take offense at the truth. I found her efficient and very willing to listen.

Submitted March 24, 2014 | flag

Nasty nasty nasty. She treated me like a 10 yr old. I was very sick sick and had to go. To the courtice Urgent care. She would not provide me with a note to take the following day off sick. I managed to see my family doctor at a later date he said I shouldn't be going into work. She was extremely rude. Next time I'm contacting the college of physicians and surgeons.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Samson was my family doctor as a child and pre-teen. I hated her at the time and I thought it was just because I was a kid. After she left Kingston I refused to see another doctor until I was more or less an adult and health concerns became serious. She missed several crucial diagnoses that really harmed me as they escalated and caused me great distress as a child. I recall her being short and rude. She caused me to fear health care and doctors and mistrust them significantly. It took a lot of compassionate care from doctors as an older teen and you g adult to build trust with the field and make me comfortable enough to trust doctors at all.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Samson is a good doctor. But she can be unbending and a bit stubborn now and again. She has both helped and hindered me.. in my journey to health. I believe she tries to accomodate a person but is very set in her ways.

Submitted March 29, 2011 | flag

Seen her at a walk in clinic...made me very glad I do not have a woman doctor...was thinking I should get one but man she is NOT NICE !!!

Submitted Feb. 9, 2010 | flag

Excellent doctor. Caring, helpful and very thorough. Explains things well. Follows up on tests. Answers all questions and concerns. Very knowledgeable. Would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a family physician.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2009 | flag

Dr Samson is the family doctor or myself, my partner and our son. I agree with others that sometimes she is abrupt and doesnt seem to hear or listen to you. She is thorough though, and when I was in tears she did try to cheer me up. We will be sticking with her, however i really wish she would be a little softer bedside manner.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2009 | flag

This is one doctor I would not recommend for anyone to see. She does not listen and she is too opinionated about certain subjects. Doctors should be open minded ans listen to what the patient has to say. She is also rude as well

Submitted May 16, 2009 | flag

Our family has been with Dr. Samson for a few years and although my husband and children have not liked her from the beginning I was really impressed because she is not afraid to order tests and follow-ups and therefore detects things early. Because of this I was willing to overlook her abrupt and rude bedside manner. However, she is unprofessional and belittleing. Your doctor should be someone you go to get rid of anxiety not someone you fear. We will NOT be returning. It's a shame in today's shortgage of doctors. I feel sorry for her secretary Susan, because she is a very nice lady and should be working for someone who treats her better.

Submitted March 16, 2009 | flag