Rate Dr. Kathy Keely

Dr. Kathy Keely's Ratings

Would not recommend this physician. (1) Poor interpersonal skills (makes it challenging to interact with her, and also a poor example for children), (2) Angry at suggestion of a second opinion, (3) Missed a major issue (diagnosed when our new doctor made a referral for a second opinion).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Living in Orleans it doesn't make much sense to travel 'downtown' to see our little mans doctor but we were suggested to go to Dr Keely, best move we ever did, my wife and I and probably more important my son loves her! Her and her staff have been nothing but accommodating and sweet to us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr.Keely as she likes to be called it seems has been my child's pediatrician since birth and has been good thus far... until just recently that is..she was rude, abrupt and did not even acknowledge my child. She made me feel as if our visit was a complete waste of her time and dismissed us very quickly without any concern for my child's health as she did not even examine him... She did not even come into the room, she stood in the doorway.... A very disappointing visit for us....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

I'm not shocked by negative comments because I know some people think doctors have all day to sit and discuss the common cold - we're not in that world anymore! I have never left feeling silly for bringing in my child when I had a concern and I love that Dr. Keely is not quick to write a script for each and every little thing. She is a very busy Dr. and she doesn't mess around! My daughter and son both look forward to seeing Dr Keely, Dr Pallieau, and Mary. I feel very lucky to have such great care for my kids.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

Dr. Keely has been my childrens' pediatrician from the time they were newborns to teenagers. She has always been helpful, professional, caring and has been quick to spot any problems over the years. My kids loved her (still do).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2012

Dr. Keely is terrific. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. We were constantly stressed as new parents and she really helped to keep us calm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2011

Whether it's Dr. Keeley herself or Dr. Pallieau who's seen our son, both are fantastic. It's hard to belief anyone could have an experience where she was abrupt or impatient, as we've never had that experience in 13 months. I come with a list of questions every time & she patiently waits through each.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2011

Dr Keely and her staff have been top notch since the beginning (daughter currently 17 months). Has been courteous, friendly, informative, to the point, and we've always left feeling that we got the best medical attention for our little girl at every appointment. We are very happy with Dr Keely and would recommend her to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Had a very brief visit for my baby girl and I found her to be very abrupt, rude and condescending. I felt it very difficult to get clear answers from her and I felt she was unwilling to discuss with me. I left her office somewhat confused about my daughter's condition and insulted by her lack of common respect towards me. Would not recommend in the least.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

Brief visit - maybe 60 sec literally - as Dr Keely was dismissive and abrupt & didn't allow any time for dialogue. She didn't think there was an issue, which is great news, but would've appreciated more time given to the topic, as a lot more to it than what was glossed over quickly. I got the sense that the doctor was annoyed that I came in with the issue that I did, but I know it wasn't trivial & we were right to express concern. We'll be going elsewhere for care, as I feel that good communication between doctor & patient inevitably leads to good diagnosis. I have a science background and desire for involvement in my child's health, and I appreciate less of a top-down authoritarian model of doctoring. Also, it doesn't matter if you're a doctor and very busy - I'm very busy in my line of work also, but I give people greater courtesy in our interactions. It was our first time meeting & not even a hello or an introduction. No, we don't want her to be our child's primary caregiver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1330103].votes_count ]]