Rate Dr. Albert Chan

Dr. Albert Chan's Ratings

Dr. Chan is an extremely competent and personable surgeon. He performed hip surgery on my wife in 2009. The results have been dramatic. My wife has experienced no problems since the surgery and has walked with comfort since then. We cannot express enough appreciation to Dr. Chan for making such a huge difference for us. We highly commend him.

Submitted March 5, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chan successfully preformed my 2 full knee replacements. Recovery on left knee was progressive and without infection or other complications; leaving me a few months later with 'full rotation' in my left knee! 6 months later I'm now recovering from a full right knee replacement and would definitely recommend Dr. Chan. While conducting himself in a very professional manner, Dr. Chan also displays a genuine, keen interest in his patients while it's apparent he enjoys and takes great pride in his work.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2012 | flag

I had hip replacement in March with excellent results. Dr. Chan is an extremely capable surgeon and his staff was helpful and friendly. I would very highly recommend him. Altogether a totally positive experience.

Submitted May 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. Chan is a good doctor. Listens to a patient's concern and then gives his diagnosis. His receptionist on the other hand needs some customer service lessons. Typical receptionist who seem to hate her job.

Submitted April 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Chan is very thorough in his examination and explanation of my knee. Gave me the choice to wait or proceed. I chose to proceed with the surgery. Best decision. Dr. Chan did a great job on my knee (torn meniscus and clean up). I highly recommend him. Wait time was not too bad. At the same time I also saw him for my shoulder. He suggested a non-surgical approach and that was the best decision. My shoulder is doing quite well now with treatment instead of surgery.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2011 | flag

Made me suffer needlessly for 2 yrs. Went to another surgeon and got the surgery I needed in a few weeks which is unreal for BC. I was in severe pain and he totally ignored this and told me I was imaganing it. I had a big surgery which no one will do unless it's needed and it was done quickly. The pain has been addressed and I hope he is never in this position. I lost 2 yrs of my life because of him. You can read my mind.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Chan is very helpful and polite. He explains in details before and after my L. foot surgery in 2009.

Submitted July 10, 2010 | flag

Dr. Albert Chan did my knee 20yrs ago when he worked out of the pan am clinic in Winnipeg. He was extremely reassuring and did a awesome ACL reconstruction (double grafted! even back then). I still play soccer and owe a lot to him. Very nice person.

Submitted March 25, 2010 | flag

Very informative and helpful; gave reasonable options and fully explained my condition, remedy and limitations.

Submitted March 22, 2010 | flag

The receptionist is extremely rude. I am scheduled for a knee surgery and I was not given any instruction on the procedure or what to do before and after the surgery. I was given less than 2 weeks of notice that I will be going into a surgery and I did not even get to see the doctor before the procedure. Upon asking of what I should do for physio and crutches and braces, I was told to google the information and read it myself. Asked if the screw to hold the graft is biodegradable, the receptionist, who sounded uncertain, told me it must be biodegradable. Then she proceed to tell me to cancel the surgery if I had so many questions. This is of course after I have already made arrangements to work from home. I am not too impressed at all with the lack of empathy and understanding, or the lack of notice. My family doctor told me there should be a pre-surgery appointment to answer any questions about the procedure. So much for all the positive comments written here - not entirely true.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2009 | flag