Rate Dr. James J. Maccarone

Dr. James J. Maccarone's Ratings

Dr. Maccarone is a very good Dr and shows a genuime concern for the paitent, that is when you get to actually see him. He is very down to earth and explians things in detail to you. I selected him because of the quality of service and to have a dr that I could see on a regualr basis and not be bounced from one to another. This worked well for a couple of years. Then I started seeing the PA's and they were also great, until they started leaving and as soon as one understood the issues I was coming in for they would leave. Within the last year I saw 3 different PA's. My Wife and I also had issues with phone calls not being returned, appointments that were differnet then what was given to us. Long waits well over 2 hours per visit. My last visit medications were not refilled as I had requested and when I called to get it corrected I was told that I had to reschedule an appointment, that it was my fault that the meds were not refilled. All they wanted was the money for the visits.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2011 | flag

He is a very good Doctor that will listen to his patients with any problem for as long as you need him to listen. He is very caring and good at being a Doctor. Yes there might be a wait but he is always been a good doctor to my husband and I.Fixing problems that we have and even Mental talks that we need sometimes. Very Compassionate towards all Patients, I highly recommend this doctor.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2011 | flag

My wife appointment was a 9:30 am she got all the paper work and blood work completed in 1 1/2 hours. We waited until 12:30 pm to find out that the doctor had went to lunch. The nurse came in and said we should go do the same. We came back at 1:15 pm and the doctor was not back. We waited untill 2:30 pm to find out he was with other people and said we would be next. My wife got up crying and went to sit in our vehical. 3:30 came around and I went in the the doctor office and let him have it. This is the most untought full doctor we have evere incounted. Please save your self and stay away from him. I will not even go to Gate way anymore because they allow him to continue to work their.

Submitted May 9, 2011 | flag

THIS DR. WAS REFERRED TO ME THRU A CO-WORKER THAT GOES TO HIM, SHE DID TELL ME THAT I MAY HAVE A LITTLE WAIT TIME. WELL A LITTLE WAIT TIME IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO IT. I HAD A 8:30AM APPT. GOT THERE AT 8:15 AND WAITED FOR SEVERAL HOURS BEFORE I WAS TOLD THAT HE DO NOT SEE NEW PATIENTS ON SATURDAY'S. I TOLD THEM WHY DID THEY MAKE THI APPT. THEN IF THEY KNEW THAT HE DON'T SEE NEW PATIENTS ON SATURDAYS, SHE SAID IT WAS AN ERROR, BUT HAVE A SEAT AND HE WILL SEE ME SHORTLY, I WAITED UNTIL 11:30AM AND STILL DID NOT GET CALLED THEN AT 12:30 SHE CAME TO ME AND SAID THAT HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ME TODAY, SO I RESCHEDULED FOR THE FOLLOWING MONDAY AT 8:00AM, GOT THERE 9:30 CAME AND STILL DID NOT GET CALLED I WAITED UNTIL 10:30 AND PLEASANTLY WENT TO THE DESK AND ASKED HOW MUCH LONGER AND SHE SAID IN A FEW MINS. I WAITED UNTIL ABOUT 11:15AM AND TOLD THEM I AM UNABLE TO WAIT ANY LONGER I HAVE ANOTHER APPT. AT 1:00PM, MY QUESTION TO THIS DOCTOR WHY MAKE APPT. SOMEONE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

Submitted April 5, 2011 | flag

Up to four hour waits in the waiting room, phone calls not returned when message left on answering machine.

Submitted June 25, 2010 | flag

Dr. Maccarone has been my physician for years,and I highly recommend him to anyone that is looking for a physician. He is highly qualified, compassionate, and a hard working individual. He provides excellent care, and takes the time to listen to you. He is very personable and has a way of making you feel like a friend not just a patient or just a number. I cannot say enough about Dr. Maccarone, he is a wonderful physician and I highly recommend him. He is truly a valuable asset to this community. God Bless Dr. Maccarone.

Submitted June 24, 2010 | flag

Good Doctor....Wholistic approach, clean. neat, pleasant, and fairly knowledable. Dr. Maccarone takes his time with patients and allows patients to contact him on his cell phone for emergencies!

Submitted June 23, 2010 | flag

I recommend Dr. Maccarone and the staff at Gateway Medical Associates....for those looking for a new Primary Care Physician. His new staff is friendly and very professional. My longest wait has been around 30 minutes but it was more than worth the wait. I appreciate the available weekend hours and the pleasant, knowledgable PAs and NPs.

Submitted June 22, 2010 | flag

Dr. Maccarone is very thorough, and I appreciate his caring staff. My billing questions are always answered promptly and with extended hours, it is easy to see the Dr. and/or his Physician Extenders. I especially like PA Randy Wall and NP Joseph Williams.

Submitted June 22, 2010 | flag

I once reviewed Gateway Medical Associates as reliable and caring. Unfortunately, since then, this practice has deteriorated considerably. They're unable to keep staff due to a poor/stressful working environment. Once you've begun to build a relationship with a doctor/nurse practitioner, they'll find better working conditions elsewhere, and you'll be forced to begin the process all over again. The last practitioner I met with couldn't even write a prescription because he had not yet received his certification. At the time of my last review, they were very reliable at returning phone calls. Since then, your best bet is to physically stop by the office to make an appointment, or continually call until you reach someone, because if you leave a message, it's highly unlikely you'll hear back from them. I'm currently in the process of finding a better practice that will actually care about the needs and concerns of their patients, and not simply "how much money can be pulled in each day."

Submitted June 8, 2010 | flag