Rate Dr. John Van Buuren

Dr. John Van Buuren's Ratings

Dr Van Buuren is an excellent doctor. He saved my life when I was going through a difficult time. He has been my doctor since he started at the clinic. He is very knowledgeable and will listen to you. He encourages you to lead a healthy life style but understands that is easier said then done.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2013 | flag

He was my doctor for years (general check ups). when something showed up in a scan he failed to even tell me. He was on vacation when I came in still complaining about the pain I was having for the last year. I was advised by the attending doctor that I had to go see a specialist for a follow up of suspected cancer. Over a year later! Didn't seem to upset that he made such a huge mistake. NO appology.. I don't see him anymore.

Submitted June 3, 2013 | flag

Dr.van Buuren is a very good doctor.He is always punctual and helpful.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2012 | flag

a patient for years and was quite good but once a serious ailment came along he was very unhelpful, discouraging CT scans, not prescribing the correct medication and generally seeming aloof and uncaring. Dr Saunier at Gain is much better.

Submitted June 22, 2011 | flag

Dr Van Buuren works from the Gain medical center a very well run, seven day a week clinic, efficient group of doctors. Your appointment is always on time. I have been a patient for many years and when I occasionally had to go, have been referred immediately to top specialists in the field. he always has time to explain things and never makes you feel rushed. he is very thorough but not a pill pusher.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2010 | flag

Dr van Buuren is an excellent doctor and is ver informative.He takes is time and has been our family doctor for years.There staff is very friendly and i dont think i waited more then 5 minutes to see him.l wish more doctors were like him.

Submitted June 1, 2010 | flag

This is my mother's doctor. I have heard nothing but problems from my mother. Most of the other comments on his ratings page seem fine, but it's almost like, if there is anything seriously wrong with you, out of the norm, then he just doesn't have the time, knowledge or bedside manner for you. I have told her for years to switch to another doctor and now she's in a serious health position where she can't switch, she's stuck with him. I'm sure if you're going in for a cold or flu he's fine, but throw anything else at him and he any idea what to do or say.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2009 | flag

He is my familys only doctor and he is the BEST... Very knowledgable, very friendly, he will take all the time in the world to help you understand what he is saying, if he doesnt have an answer he WILL get one as fast as possible.. Its as if he still enjoys learning his practice because he knows all of the new meds and methods

Submitted Sept. 22, 2009 | flag

I had a terrible experience with this Dr. His ho hum manner approach always seemed like he couldn't be bothered. His "i don't know whats wrong with you and i really can't be bothered to find out." responses were beyond frustrating, news flash thats what Dr's are for...finding out your medical issue and trying to resolve it, come up with a care plan. Not this guy though. Try getting your medical records forwarded when you finally have no choice if you want decent care, what a kerrfuffle that was, and he still didn't send them all, he refused to pass them on, what a nightmare.....do not settle as i did, for years of ho hum service, change right away if your not happy.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2009 | flag

I can not say enough about Dr. Van Buuren. He's been my family doctor for 10 years. Through my step-son, and delivering my daughter, to everything in between, he's always helpful, knowledgeable, and great bedside manner. I am so glad I found him when he was accepting new patients. I know the day will come when he will retire, and it will be a sad day. My adult step-son now see's him on his own, as I know my daughter will too. He's become "tradition".

Submitted July 8, 2009 | flag