Dr. James R. Waisman

Grad. Year: 1972

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 29/01/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. James R. Waisman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Insurance he takes?    Email me    Answer it

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

26/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.7

29/01/14 SYSTEM: City changed from "City of Hope" to "Orange"

29/01/14 SYSTEM: City changed from "HAWTHORNE" to "City of Hope"

29/01/14 SYSTEM: location removed: Manhattan Beach, CA

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "James" to "James R."
RID: 2544493
29/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Waisman is very kind and caring, he takes the time to get to know the people he treats. He understands the fear, anger, paranoia and pain associated with a cancer diagnosis and trys to ease all those emotions. I have been going to Dr Waisman since 2003, when as a new monther I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. His nurse practicioner Lori is fantastic as well, she has been so supportive and kind over the past 9 years.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2525479
08/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Waisman stays abreast of research, explains everything thoroughly, encourages patient centered treatment & could not be more considerate. He is the only doctor I've seen tape the appt where he explains diagnosis & treatment options AND gives the patient a copy of the tape. He also listens to patient's requrpests & concerns & when he is not familiar with requested issue (eg whether BRCA testing is covered by insurance) he takes the time personally to find out.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 966489
18/08/09 5 5 5 5 Fantastic doctor. I saw many others before choosing Dr. Waisman and could not be happier with my choice. He is extremely intelligent, up on the latest research, is doing the latest research and is always light-years ahead of others in this field. I know I could not be in better hands. His bedside manner is fantastic. He takes all the time you need and answers emails within a few hours, even when out of town. You could not go wrong.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 820181
08/03/09 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr for over 13 years he is the most kindest and wonderful Dr ever!! He takes all the time you need and never hurries you. I travel over 200 miles every time I see him and he is the best!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 197591
14/03/07 5 5 5 If there were more doctors like Dr. Waisman, there wouldn't have to be a website like this one. Not only is he knowledgable and keeps up with all of the newest research, but he is also the kindest, most caring doctor of any doctor I've ever been to. I look forward to my appointments with him because he always gives me a hug and makes me happy. I was treated for breast cancer in 2005, and I'm still doing well. I even flew my sister out here from Wisconsin when she had breast cancer to give a second opinion. She agreed that he was a fantastic doctor. He gives you as much time as you need, he will see you as often as you like. When you leave his appointment, you feel as though he has done everything humanly possible to help you. He doesn't let insurance companies get in his way, either. He works with you no matter how you will pay for it. I can't recommend him more highly. He is a great, great doctor, and a wonderful human being.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 183058
11/03/07 5 5 5 Very experienced breast cancer specialist. Takes the time to answer all of your questions. Excellent doctor-patient rapport.
Insurance: Medicare