Rate Dr. Imtiaz Alam

Dr. Imtiaz Alam's Ratings

I saw Dr. Alam approximately two years ago. He was Very educated, professional, and took the time to explain my condition and Highly suspected second condition. He immediately wanted to schedule me for a scoping and two biopsies. Unfortunately his staff are Horrible. There is virtually No way to reach anyone, or to relay messages to the Dr., himself. My prediagnosed biopsy for Barrette's Syndrome was cancelled, without explanation (at the last minute), with No follow up. Two plus years later, I am in the process of trying to find a Gastroenterologist who has efficient staff, so that I can find out if I have cancer or not.... GREAT Dr. But, due to Staff circumstances, I would not be able to recommend him :-(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Dr. Imitate Alam was asked to help when I was in the hospital in May of 2014. Instead he told the doctor "call so and so" knowing that so and so would not help me. He had a chance to save my life and he passes. This doc has the compassion of a rattlesnake.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2372041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

I have been with Dr. Alam since 1999. During this time, I have had nothing but the best experience. Prior to being a patient of Dr. Alam, I was seeing another gastroenterologist who only offered one solution and actually told me I didn't have a choice in this matter. Imagine being told this when you just found out you had this horrible disease. Obviously, I immediately I left that office, did some research and was referred to Dr. Alam. His dedication to help find a cure for Hep C goes beyond outstanding. He truly cares about his patients. Always explains exactly what the condition and/or solution is. I am truly blessed that I found Dr. Alam. I'm very surprised by the negative staff remarks. I have always been treated with respect and haven't had any issues. More importantly, I'm there to see Dr. Alam, not to grade the staff. Patients are going to find more physicians using the automated systems. Most doctors are overloaded with patients due to requirements beyond their control.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2372040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Alam's staff is rude, impatient & unprofessional. They act like anything they must do (on behalf of a patient) is a grand ordeal & that it puts them to such an inconvenience. Dr. Alam is to blame though because he knows all about it. He's a good doctor but who wants to pay to be treated like a criminal or like some imposition? I once worked for a Chef who said (re: Leadership) "The fish rots from the head down ..." & that could not be more true than in this office. Some of the other pt.s & I have had a discussion as to what our individual theories are about WHY would Dr. Alam allow his hourly/salary staff mistreat his patients? He's fully aware of it but does nothing to actively discourage it or prohibit it. It's been like this for years & years. As a result, I decided that it wasnt worth me paying my co-pay or any money to be mistreated or talked down to. I have taken my chart & business & patient care to another doctor. My new doctor is every bit as good! even Better!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][554667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

Dr. Alam is terrific. Staff is beyond horrible. Couldn't depend on them for my mess.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][554664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

Dr Alam rocks, but his practice is a shambles. Everything you read in other reviews is true. I needed to go on 48 weeks of INF/rib/Victrelis for HCV. I needed to start mid-January b/c it is my slow time @ work and I cannot afford to miss work when busy. They refused to use my pharmacy (Express Scripts) and also refused 2x requests to hand over my bloodwork. I believe that each of those actions is illegal. Now I will have try again with another MD next January. I am authorized for this Rx only with Dr. Alam and for for 2013 only. They messed it up big-time. So the 5 is for Dr Alam and the 1s are for the operation as whole. I was shocked by their arrogant, hard-headed attitude. Fortunately there are other gastros in Austin. Save yourself the grief and start with someone else!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][554663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Alam is extremely knowledgable, although when I saw him last year, our visit consisted of about maybe 5 minutes and felt very rushed. Getting his staff to return a phone call has been a problem for me. THAT is my true frustration.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][554662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Dr Alam is very knowledgeable in the area of HEP C treatment & others claim he is #1 in his field, which is why he's been my doctor for years. Several years ago he broke off on his own & the patient response from staff has been horrible. Allison does a great job & is very friendly. Unfortunately, she is very difficult to reach. All calls are automated and prescriptions are sent in by FAX. More than one pharmacy faxed prescription renewals for over a week with no response. Dr Alam's staff claim they never received when in fact all pharmacies had the very same fax number. I have become so frustrated no being able to refill a needed prescription & decided to search for another leading doctor in the Austin area. Again, Dr Alam is very knowledgeable, but the patient care is lacking tremendously. Even though I've sent numerous patients his way, I would not do so any longer due to lack of patient consideration.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][554661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2013

It seems like I spent most of the time (45 mts at least) just waiting. When I finally saw the nurse practitioner, I felt like I had to push to ask questions. After a brief consultation, I had to wait some more. Friendly enough but didn't offer any significant time to answer questions. Dr. Alam seems knowledgable but it will take a while to see him. You will have to play phone tag to schedule an appointment or to get a hold of anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][554660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

Dr. Alam and his staff saved my life. I had a very serious illness. Dr. Alam and all of his staff were very informed, proactive, caring, and professional. When side effects or problems with my lab work appeared, Dr. Alam took immediate action, either with prescriptions or by sending me to a specialist in that field. As a result, I had minimal discomfort and all issues were dealt with promptly and efficiently. He is a very good man who is both brilliant and caring. All of his staff are friendly, informed, and caring. His PA handled all of my insurance concerns immediately. My prescription refills were done promptly. I highly recommend this doctor!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][554659].votes_count ]]