Rate Dr. Teresa H. Cheon

Dr. Teresa H. Cheon's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Cheon is an amazing doctor. She cared for me during my three pregnancies and delivered all three of my babies. She was more than I expected and even waived my coinsurance in my third pregnancy after dropping my insurance. I consider her a part of my family and was sad after I had my last child that I wouldn't be seeing her every week! I don't know what anyone would complain about. She is smart, caring, direct and honest, easy to deal with and does everything she can to make her patients feel great.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2012 | flag

I love Dr. Cheon. I'm pregnant with my first baby and have had a lot of complications. She is always willing to have me come in, call me back right away with results and never waits more than a few hours to return my call. She is a fantastic doctor and I would recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2012 | flag

Dr Cheon is an excellent OBGYN. It is very easy to have 100% confidence in her clinical judgement, as she is very smart and able to explain things accurately and clearly to her patients. At the same time she seems to be a genuinely caring person and is never rushed when speaking to you and always willing to answer your questions, characteristics that can be hard to find in new york city doctors. As for the comments on waiting room times, I have never experienced a wait longer than 10-15 minutes and, quite frankly, if I ever do, I won't be bothered by it since doctors' schedules, especially those of OBGYNs, are not always predictable. I appreciate a doctor that does not rush her patients. If you want an intelligent, approachable and trustworthy doctor, then I highly recommend Dr Cheon with absolutely no reservations. (patient from 2006-2008 and then from 2011-present, two year gap due to temporary change in insurance coverage...I was relieved to be able to return to Dr Cheon).

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

Dr. Teresa Cheon is a good doctor. She is patient and precautious. It seems like preference is given to pregnant women which may explain long waiting time when I am there. (I have waited over an hour at the wait room). Horrible, mean nurse/ assistant especially when the doctor is not present in the room.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

Great doctor!! I've been a patient since 2002. She delivered both of my children. She is caring, thorough, takes precautions, easy to talk to and very knowledgable. She was there to deliver my daughter, who arrived four days early, on Labor Day!! I moved to Long Island three years ago and continue to see Dr. Cheon on annually.

Submitted May 23, 2011 | flag

I'm very surprised about any negative reviews I am reading regarding Dr. Cheon and her practice and staff. I started to see Dr. Cheon for my first pregnancy in Oct. 2004. Everything was great from wait time to delivery. 12 months later I had my second child and Dr. Cheon delivered him too. There was a small complication with the second pregnancy and Dr. Cheon was wonderful. When I called and stated I was on my way to deliever, I was told Dr. Cheon was unavailable but when I asrrived at the hospital, she was there waiting AND it was Fourth of July weekend, too. Unfortnately, her practice no longer takes my healthcare coverage but if my coverage changes or her practice does accept what I have in the future, I will gladly change.

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

Dr. Cheon is caring, knowledgeable and understanding. She was recommended to us by a friend and boy she was right! The waiting time is just a reflection of the demand - she is a great doctor. During our pre-pregnancy consultation she answered all of my concerns without judgement. She was very honest and candid, which was extremely important to my husband and I. She didn't rush us, even though she had a filled waiting room. I would highly recommend her to anyone searching for an OB/GYN in midtown.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2011 | flag

I have been Dr. Cheon's patient since 2006 and the only reason I had to seek another OB/GYN was because she was no longer in my insurance. The staff is VERY helpful, I have never had a problem with them, I even miss them! When I had an appointment with Dr. Cheon she was always very thorough and took her time with me (even when she called to give the results of tests).

Submitted Oct. 26, 2010 | flag

Although Dr. Cheon used to be an excellent gyn doc for me, she turned out to be not so great as OB doctor.1) Waiting time- Their wait time is absolutely insane. It is usual to wait 45min to an Hour in the waiting area PLUS another 1-1.5 hour in the exam room. Since their exam room is very small and has no window, it is an absolute torture to wait on the tope of the exam table over an hour. She always says "sorry, it is not so common for us to make you wait" every single time although my average wait so far for total of 5 visits is 1.5 hour wait.2) She tends to get panic- Any pregnancy comes along with risk no matter how healthy or young you are. There is always a chance of "something". Dr. Cheon tends to overcall any small indication of problem and make you nervous by getting panic herself. Overly cautious is one thing but she definitely has tendency to focus on negative side of any aspects. She is not the type of person who will support you emotionally either.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2010 | flag