Rate Dr. Kari Mathison

Dr. Kari Mathison's Ratings

Unfortunately Dr. Mathison goes only by the book which doesn't include caring about her patient, family, or anything which might be a current factor to the well being of her patient. My last visit she made a very negative comment about my condition then called me later and admitted she knew nothing about the condition. I will never go back to Dr. Mathison.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2116393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

Personally I like Dr. Mathison. But after paying out of pocket every year due to a huge deductible, and thus having minimal tests & treatment, finally this year with the passage of new health laws I was entitled to have more preventative treatments done at the insurer's cost. Yet she decided I needed no blood test (despite the fact one had been ordered every other year at my expense and I didnt go for the ordered test last year) she ordered no cervical test despite the fact that the last 2 contradicted each other, and even refused to order what should have been a free flu shot directing me to the clinics where a $20. donation is requested. Although my insurance is preferred provider network, It felt like an HMO where doctors are rewarded for saving the insurer's money. I will not go back, and hope this is not reflective all Sansum clinic MD's

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2116392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Mathison for years and I will never switch doctors! She is so caring and nice, she really listens to my concerns and will almost always send me for follow up work or to a specialist when needed. I appreciate this and her thoroughness has often caught things that other doctors would have missed. The only con is that because she is so great, it can sometimes be difficult to get an appointment. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2116391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2012

Unfortunately Dr. Mathison is so busy with going over medications and information for the new Sansum Clinic system she has no time to talk to her patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2116390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

Dr Mathison is thorough, thoughtful, professional, excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2116389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr. Mathison's staff are so polite and helpful with anything from making appointments or just to ask any questions over the phone. Dr. Mathison is very detailed and does not make you feel rushed through the appointment. She explains anything and certainly answers any questions you might have. She is the best! She is great with teen agers! I chose Dr. Mathison to be my 14 year old daughter's primary physician as well. My daughter loves her too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2116388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Nice doctor, appalling office staff. Very difficult to get through to someone on the phone and hard to make appointments with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2116386].votes_count ]]