Rate Dr. Barbara Fischer

Dr. Barbara Fischer's Ratings

My sister-in-law went to see this doctor in Abbotsford just yesterday, January 16, 2012.....Ha!!! I am not the only one...I was sent by my Dr. to go see a Dr. Barbra Fishcher in Abbts. I had to first wait my turn to see her and that's ok. Then I had to drive 2 hours too go see her. Let me tell you when I walked out of there, I felt attacked and rejected. This women yelled at me and rushed through the whole appt. in about 4 mins. She has no compassion and was very rude and then when she was finished with me just walked out of the room..Anyway I just went to a sight where you can leave a comment about Drs. and guess what it seems she does this to a lot of women..I have one thing to say..I went here for some hormonal help and this uncaring women needs to put herself on some hormones!!! I just wish I would have spoke up to her cause obviously she thinks.."Her s..t doesn't stink"!!!.... my recommendation never go to this woman.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fischer is an amazing doctor!! I went to her for a second opinion about a lump I discovered in my chest. I was so impressed by how nice, friendly, knowledgeable and honest she is. She did a thorough check up and I never felt rushed or uncomfortable, turns out that I had a fibro adenoma which had to be removed ASAP. She answered all of my questions in detail and even gave me a list of books and other resources to read up on about my condition and overall breast health. She also suggested which supplements to take to improve breast health and even though they sold them at the clinic she suggested other retailers. She is not a pill pusher and she won’t tell you what you want to hear. She is open to alternative medicine which is so refreshing to hear from a doctor. Hands down the best doctor I have ever gone to!!!!

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

Someone here said she will not rush you out if it's serious... but she did. I had a serious diagnosis and she was making a hasty exit after about four minutes. Did not want to stay for any of my questions. sigh

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag

Dr. Fischer was very rude to me at her office on Clearbrook Road. She was taking female clients who need PAP's done and I was able to get an appointment with my daughter for her first time PAP. When she came to see me she asked me how I got into her clinic and that she does not want to be a "Female Only" doctor and raged at me for coming into her clinic, she was very rude, loud, and unfriendly... the worst encounter with a doctor I have ever had!!!! She seems to be a geriatric only doctor. Left, will never go back of course!! I am a nurse!

Submitted Feb. 28, 2011 | flag

Just saw this woman at a walk-in clinic. Rude, unhelpful and didn't even bother to follow through with any of the symptoms my daughter complained about. Threw a prescription on the counter and walked out while we were still talking to her.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2011 | flag

She kept walking around as I spoke to her, left the room at one point and yelled to me from across the hall. She seemed disinterested in the problem. Said a referal was needed to a medical specialist but that she could not give it. It seemed like she was telling me to find a doctor who could give a referal. This was one of the strangest appointments I have ever been to. I thought the appointment was a complete waste of time and tax payer money.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2010 | flag

She used to be my doctor many years ago (before I knew of this website), so this is my outdated opinion. She passed off EVERY symptom I told her about as nothing. Turns out, 3 years later I have SEVERE damage to my esophagus, to the point of requiring scopes every year in case I end up with esophageal cancer(dangerous!). How much of my damage could have been prevented had I been taken seriously. RUN in the opposite direction, never go to her. You may die as a result.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2010 | flag

Saw her about a month ago. She was more interested in having me become a private patient and pay a whack of cash to her instead of treating my symptoms that I was having which where migraines, depression and other concerns. I won't be going back.

Submitted May 23, 2010 | flag

In the 15 years that my parents have gone to Dr Fischer she has not given either of them a full check-up. She doesn't have hospital privileges and has no time or patience for elderly patients. My mother spent over 1 month in hospital with complications that could have been avoided had Dr Fischer done anything at all to address my mother's complaints besides write prescriptions and say "Oh well, you're old". She now will not transfer their files to a new doctor unless they pay a $100+ fee. Her fees for completing forms have always been well in excess of other doctors in the area -not a good fit for pensioners on a fixed income!

Submitted May 21, 2010 | flag

She has a terrible service manner and seems to be more preoccupied with the injustice with the medical profession than spending time listening to the patient.

Submitted May 7, 2010 | flag