Rate Dr. Gary Kingston

Dr. Gary Kingston's Ratings

A very kind and understanding doctor and most important,knowledgable .Unfortunately,the receptionist did not follow up his request to send me to the ultra sound department at Nanaimo hospital for a procedure .After one month of waiting I finally phoned the hospital to see when my appointment would be.They claimed that they had no record of my name or anything about me.I was told to get back in touch with my doctor .The receptionist claimed that she had faxed that information to the hospital.I've learnt today that the receptionist can not be trusted and one really has to take total charge of ones health.Dr Kingston you need to get new staff!

Submitted June 13, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Kingston by my GP Jan. 2013. Since my first initial consult he did all the tests I needed to confirm my diagnosis. He is so relaxed and explained my medical problem in detail and what needed to be done to make me healthy. I was always anxious through all the diagnostic testing and visits to Dr. Kingston Office, but he told me what to expect. I've had my surgery and everything he told me, step by step happened... no surprises. I would recommend Dr. Kingston to anyone.. he's a wonderful surgeon and a very people person. I am very upset to see some negative comments on this site because Dr. Kingston is professional and a very good surgeon...

Submitted Oct. 18, 2013 | flag

I found him very arrogant, rude, not forthcoming. He provided absolutely NO discharge instructions when I left hospital and I ended up getting sick. The staff at the hospital were rude, and when I spoke to him about this, he laughed. He takes himself way too seriously. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2002, Dr Kingston was the best. I feel very lucky to have had him take care of me.

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag

By far the BEST doctor I have ever seen! Saw Dr.Kingston in his office today and was shocked to find such a caring doctor. He immediately ordered more tests to be done to try and figure out what is going on with me. He seemed genuinely concerned with what is going on! So grateful to have met Dr.Kingston!

Submitted March 25, 2011 | flag

Excellent surgeon, excellent bedside manners. Even when he did not believe anything was wrong with me, he was willing to do the surgery. Later he admitted he was wrong and apologized. Very kind, easy to talk to. Highly recommended.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2010 | flag

April 29,2010,I was elated after surgery being led to believe my worries were over;however they were really just beginning.On May 25,2010,I had to return for a complete mascectomy and all of lymph nodes were removed from my right side.I had fears then that I may have breast cancer in my left breast as well,but I was told,"not possible" So feeling stupid I,shut my mouth.I have been living with an ileostomy for 7 years and now Invasive Lobular Carciinoma,and I feel like I am all alone in a fight to save my life.My needs as an ileostomate seem ignored in all this as well.Thus,I have been doing my own investigating into my questions and symptoms and have discovered some rather distrubing news that causes me to now believe I should have insisted on an MRI sooner!

Submitted Aug. 4, 2010 | flag

A great doctor with excellent bedside manners. Very competent operation.

Submitted July 24, 2010 | flag

Great Surgeon,couldn't be happier,the surgey,Dr.Kingstons'staff,the hospital care and outpatient follow up care,is superb! ...never thought breast cancer would happen to me but I will never worry about the future,knowing I have such excellent care available to me.Thank you Dr.Kingston and thank you to all your wonderful staff!

Submitted May 3, 2010 | flag

Best specialist I have ever seen. He clealy knows his stuff yet remains a kind, friendly human being. How refreshing! I had a gastroscopy and his whole team was kind, caring and gentle. I had no discomfort at all.

Submitted March 10, 2010 | flag