Dr. David H. Aizuss

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. David H. Aizuss has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ophthalmologist-related: eye treatment, eye diseases, vision, eye surgery, corneal surgery, oculoplastics and reconstruction surgery, intraocular lens implantation, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, low vision, uveitis, corneal infections, hereditary dystrophies, eye laser surgery, vision correction surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

17/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David H."
RID: 2825116
30/08/13 5 5 5 5 My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Aizuss at Ophthalmology Associates of the Valley for many years. We both have the utmost confidence in him and his professional staff members. You always feel that you are very important to them and they always take extra time to answer your questions.The professional treatment we receive at his West Hills and Encino offices is always exemplary. Dr. Aizuss recently performed cataract surgery on both my eyes. The whole process, from appointment coordination, lens measurements, the surgery itself and follow up visits was handled flawlessly by the team so that I never felt alone in the process. I am thrilled with the final results and can now see without glasses. Based on our experiences, we would highly recommend Dr. Aizuss to attend to all of your eye care needs.
Respond

17/03/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2582834
12/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dear Dr.Aizuss, I can't thank you enough for all of your care and expertise. I have never experienced a more thorough, conscientious doctor whom I have felt comfortable with and trust. It was an easy decision to choose you for my eye care and shortly after my examination my eye surgeon. After my cataract surgery I truly can see how much detail in my life I was missing. Not only have I gained vision, but also knowledge which you have clearly provided my with so I may continue my future with healthy eyes. I'm very pleased and forever grateful knowing I'm in the best of hands. I look forward to seeing you again. Camille VB
RID: 2550743
04/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aizuss is one of the most caring doctors I know. Last Sunday, my eye was red and itchy. I called his answering service and was surprised when I was instantly connected to him. Dr. Aizuss listened to everything I said and then suggested that I meet him at his office. And this was on a Sunday! I went to his office and he examined my eye, prescribed eye drops which I immediately picked up. I do believe that any other doctor would have seen me on Monday at best. Thank you, Dr. Aizuss, for being my eye doctor 24/7.  Respond
RID: 2503862
17/12/12 1 2 1 1 The worst examination and result in decades, actually ever. I came for a yearly check up for my vision and I wear contact lenses. I wondered if I needed a new prescription. This was covered by my insurance company which is why I went to the Dr. Aizuss in the first place. It was my first visit. I loved my other opthamologist but she did not work with my insurance company. I thought I would save money. After the most painful examination I have ever had, Dr. Aizuss would not give me a prescription but insisted I visit their optometrist who was not on my or possibly any insurance plan and it would cost $700.00 for an examination for contact lenses, that would not include the contact lenses. This is the most I have ever been ask to pay. I will never go to this practice again. It was truly an awful experience. This is the first time I have ever written a review. It will probably be the last time.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
See Responses
RID: 1630983
10/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Aizuss is a real professional,He seems to have kept up with the latest technology and I have complete trust in his expertise. I would highly recommend him to everyone!!!! His demeanor makes you feel like your care is very important to him. He projects confidence!!!
RID: 1544353
22/09/11 5 5 5 5 Great bedsie manner. Dr. Aizuss exudes confidence. While he is not afraid to perform a procedure he is also very conservative in the approach taken. Highly recommended and even the referrals I have made have found him to be the best!
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 1292719
12/11/10 5 5 5 5 After having been a patient with Dr. Aizuss over the last 22 years, I could honestly say that he is the best. From amazing bedside manner to the most accurate diagnosis and treatments, I have always been extremely happy. Recently I had the PRK/PTK procedure to correct my cornea erosion and vision and today my vision is 20/15. I owe everything to Dr. Aizuss. Many thanks!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1054516
10/12/09 5 5 5 5 Exceptionally efficient doctor and staff. I have perfect vision and am very pleased with the results. Very professional and caring staff. Dr. Aizuss was kind and courteous. Followups were very thorough and done also by phone.
Insurance: AARP
Respond

20/09/09 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 989224
16/09/09 5 5 5 5 The best of the best! Dr Aizuss is a superb physician. I have been a patient for 10+ years and I am always impressed by his knowledge and the technology provided by his office. Dr Aizuss always spends a lot of time educating me and answers all of my questions. I am always treated with professionalism by both himself and his staff.  Respond
RID: 927580

02/07/09 1 2 1 1 dr aizuss is pompous and completely clueless about business in the office..quoted price for procedure then billed additional fee 2 weeks after bill was paid in full..i have also witnessed dr.speaking to staff in a condescending tone.  Respond
RID: 683436
12/09/08 5 5 5 5 A really fantastic doctor. Spends time with me and always is caring and answers all my concerns. He is the best of all my doctors and I use him as a resource for my other problems.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 563494
11/04/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aizuss performed cataract sugery on me and implanted a torric IOL. He is a fabulous surgeon, really cares about his paitients and is extreemly practical, often anticipating your questions and answering them before you can formulate them into speach (lol). He also did a similar surgery on my father in law who also sings his praises. In addition, his anesthesiologist really knows how to make a great twilight umbrella drink! As Dr. Aizuss once said to me "I keep asking him to give me some to take home, but he refuses" - a great team at oaveyes.com.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 180108
09/03/07 5 5 5 Dr. Aizuss performed my cataract surgery. It went quite well. I have had no problems. He has made excellent referrals to me within his office for other eye problems that I have had. This is a great office. All the doctors I have are excellent. Dr. Aizuss is pleasant. Sometimes he is a little rushed, but that's not so terrible given what a great job he did on my surgery. Highly recommended
Insurance: HealthPartners