Rate Dr. Philip Felig

Dr. Philip Felig's Ratings

Excellent diagnostician. Very poor personality & social skills. Office staff inefficient and make mistakes.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2013 | flag

I came to Dr. Felig to finally get a diagnosis of hypothyroidism that other doctors had missed. For that I am grateful. Unfortunately I did NOT do well on Synthroid (did not feel good in that hypothyroidism way) on the maximum dosage. Dr Felig prescribed Cytomel which I had horrible headaches from. When my hair continued to shed after my thyroid was balanced I was told, "well it's not your thyroid". It took the next endocrinologist I saw to tell me that Synthroid can cause hair loss and then the new endocrinologist started me on Armour dessicated thyroid and BINGO my hair stopped falling out almost immediately and I felt much better on the Armour which I do not believe Dr.Felig will prescribe. I spent we'll over $600 out of pocket for the initial visit and waited 2 hours for each of several visits. I maybe would have put up with this treatment if I wasn't going bald and felt better. I wish this site allowed you to rate your MEDICAL experience. Bottom line-go elsewhere.

Submitted June 6, 2013 | flag

Dr Felig is the 5th and final endo I have seen. He is the ONLY one that actaully took my thyroid symptoms (hair loss and others)seriously and did a lab test that 4 other doctors overlooked which led to me add an additional medication that all the other useless doctors overlooked.

Submitted May 2, 2012 | flag

Dr. Felig was recommended by my nutritionist and I have found him to be both very knowledgeable and thorough. I am not surprised by comments that 1) he runs late (ALWAYS) and 2) that the office can be a bit chaotic (no worse than many busy physicians in Manhattan). I am surprised by comments that people find his staff rude...they are actually very friendly if you are friendly to them...Beverly is the best blood drawer in the City...and comments that he does not spend time with patients. My first appointment with him (and that was time with him not waiting) was nearly 90 minutes...I have never felt hurried.

Submitted June 29, 2011 | flag

A great physician! One of the best in world. Yes, there's a long wait in reception but us devotees know he is worth every minute spent waiting. Amazing that his dedication has never waned.

Submitted April 24, 2011 | flag

staff always on the phone, private calls or very busy ordering food for themselves .you cannot get through to them they simply dont pick up so your calls go to service 9 out of 10 times.my blood test never got to their office they never bothered to pursue the lab for the results. it took 2 months and my investigative work to get them to contact the lab.the wait is not 2 hours but more like 3 1/2 at least never an apology. and its cash on delivery they do not accept any insurance. the waiting room is lined wall to wall with castle conolly plaques of best doctor i would not recommend him .

Submitted Dec. 1, 2010 | flag

THE BEST! Excellent and through diagnostician with a old school philosophy of giving individual attention to each patient. You'll wait, that's for sure but it's worth it. I travel from Brooklyn to see Dr. Felig for 10 years now and I wouldn't use anyone else. My thyroid levels are perfecto!

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag

The man is brilliant. He changed my life by diagnosing a rare problem I suffered with for over 20 yrs and every other doctor missed and saved me from having a pointless surgery. He is always late (expect to wait over an hour - at least). He is not big on the warm fuzzies but methodical, thorough and really studies the empirical evidence. I recommend everyone to him who has an undiagnosed medical problem.

Submitted May 10, 2010 | flag

Dr. Felig is by far the best endocrinologist I have ever seen. Although he runs late, the wait is well worth it. He solved a thyroid problem I was suffering from for 5 years, when the other endocrinologists & doctors I sought out insited that the complications I was suffering from were not thyroid related. I highly reccomend Dr. Felig!

Submitted Dec. 13, 2008 | flag

he is a REAL Doctor.he listen to you he spend time with you and he knows what he is doing.he is just GREAT!

Submitted July 23, 2008 | flag