Dr. M. JOSEFA Apigo

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. M. JOSEFA Apigo has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Josefa" to "Josefa J."
RID: 1507147
08/08/11 3 2 2 1 I was extremely unhappy with my experience with Dr. Apigo. As a 1st time mother, you can imagine how excited I was for my first appointment, unfortunately it didn’t turn out that way. Dr. Apigo expressed to me that she was very superstitious, which in turn did not sit well with me. I was only 5wk4days pregnant, and she decided to do an u/s which was too early to see anything. She came to the conclusion that my pregnancy was non-viable but did not state that it could be too early to see anything. Because I trusted her, I was in conclusion that I was going to miscarry. However, 4 days later, my 2nd u/s, we were able to see everything. I would not go to Dr. Apigo because of her approach towards things, she did an u/s too early, she had false conclusions, and she did not have sympathy to a first time mother. No woman should ever go through that type of stress.  Respond

RID: 1419225
18/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Apigo is a great doctor. I would send any of my friends and faimly to her.  Respond
RID: 1390136
17/03/11 4 4 5 5 i love doctor apigo... she's warm and sweet. never made me feel uncomfortable. she explained most everything before i had to ask. she delivered my little girl via c section and my scaring is minimal. Now that she moved to thunderbird it's even better.. considering it's a newer/remodel medical center and the staff there was great... I would most definitely recommend her. she's amazing. As far as the few bad rating she has well you can't make everyone happy...  Respond
RID: 1362882
14/02/11 4 4 5 5 dr. apigo is a saint. she is always friendly, polite, helpful, inquisitive, reassuring and generally lovely to interact with. she makes me feel absolutely no discomfort in sharing my personal information and concerns and is overall the best doctor i've had in my entire life.
RID: 1355865
06/02/11 4 3 5 5 I started seeing Dr. Apigo during my first pregnancy and will definately go to her again even if i have to travel further. I was very impressed how quickly she made it to the hospital to deliver me and i swear she was my guardian angel that day. She is an outstanding woman and i really felt she wanted the best for me.  Respond
RID: 1323887
30/12/10 4 4 1 2 I have been a patient of Dr. Apigo for the majority of 5 years. When I became pregnant in 2010 I was uncomfortable with the type of care I received. This includes but is not limited to: Unnecessary ultra sounds (four within my first eight weeks) and narcotics which I expressed concern taking during my pregnancy, even in a time of need. When I questioned her decisions I was told I needed to trust her medical expertise. I felt my questions were not wanted or warranted and that my opinion did not matter. I believe her decisions were not in the best interest of myself or my child. I would not recommend her to anyone who has an opinion about their own health care needs.  Respond
RID: 1280214
26/10/10 5 4 5 5 Dr Apigo is great. Very helpful and spends time with you if you have any questions. I gave her a 4 on the punctuality...Not many doctors are every on time. Things come up and they have deliveries to do. Most of the time I never waited over 20 min.
RID: 1271586
14/10/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Apigo fit me in as a new patient, On the day of appointment, they called me super early to let me know she was in surgery and recheduled. They were friendly and helpful. Dr Apigo was warm and welcoming, and I appreciated that she understood my needs. We are having surgery next week, and I am completely comfortable. After 10 years at Desert West, Dr Apigo is my new GYN!
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 1196627
25/06/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Apigo is very attentive. She takes her time so I don't feel rushed when I'm asking her questions. She explained everything she did and was gentle. I highly recommend her!
RID: 1180122
31/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Apigo is absolutely phenomenal. I have searched for over 10 years and through countless doctors trying to discover why I was in so much pain and agony every month. I was always brushed off and told that my pain was normal. Then I was lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Apigo. Within two appointments, she had me educated and scheduled for a procedure to investigate the source of my pain. Not only is she incredibly knowledgeable, but she is extremely compassionate and genuinely cares. She LISTENS, unlike most doctors I've come across. I would absolutely trust her with my life....and I have! I love Dr. Apigo and you will too!!
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1041252
23/11/09 1 1 4 5 My appt time was 9:30 on a Monday morning. I arrived early, as requested. At 10:45 I approached the front desk to ask why I hadn't been seen yet and see if I needed to reschedule. Nothing worse than an unhelpful, unfriendly front office. It wasn't a delivery delaying my appointment. It wasn't an emergency. It was "she's just running late." At 9:30 already running late? With no acknowledgement at check in? At 10:38 with no further update, I asked for my forms back and left. I should mention that I've been with Dr. Apigo since 1999 and have followed her thru 4 different clinics...none of them convenient to home or office. No more.
RID: 1029245
09/11/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Apigo has been my doctor for about 9 years now. I love her. She is great. She listens to her patients and she has a great bed side manner. I will go wherever she goes.  Respond
RID: 952235
31/07/09 4 4 5 5 I have been with Dr.Apigo for 8 years now, and I have nothing but good things to say about her! She has delivered both of my children and I highly recommend her to everyone! I was in the hospital for 3 weeks (preterm labor issues) and she called me several times aweek to check on me! I am lookig forward to her delivering all my children!  Respond
RID: 905112
04/06/09 5 5 5 5 One of the best Dr's I have ever met. I had a high risk pregnancy and very tough 9 months, she got me through it and delivered my son, all with a smile on her face. I would recommend her to anyone and I hope to have her as my Dr again for my next child.
RID: 894686
22/05/09 3 4 3 3 I regret having chosen Dr. Apigo as my OB. When my original OB was let go at Lincoln OB, I didn't know who to see. My former OB knew my history and new me as a person. At my final OB visit, there were hurt feelings about the outcome of the pregnancy. She disclosed that she was apprehensive about taking me on in the first place and if she had truly felt that way, she should have told my OB and declined to take me on as a patient. Because of this experience, I will not recommend Lincoln OB to any of my friends or colleagues.
RID: 771186
23/01/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Apigo is just AWESOME. She came in on her day off to conduct an emergency c-section on me ans save my baby. We will forever be grateful to her. Her knowledge, personality and energy are one of a kind and she is by far the best ob around! Thank you Dr. Apigo!
RID: 630330
03/07/08 5 5 5 5 She's GREAT! I will see her on her new location. She takes the time to listen, to advice you with respect and knowlegeable never in a rush. I'm furtunant to have her as my OB.
RID: 629815
03/07/08 5 3 5 5 Dr. Apigo has been my OB for 7 years. I adore her so much I followed her to her new facilities. Most OB's lack the interpersonal skillset but she excels. She not only knows her stuff (and she does) but she's also super friendly and funny ;o)
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 627602
28/06/08 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Apigo for 5 years and was very nervous when I found out she was leaving. I am 37 years old and need an excellent OB and I don't trust just anyone for these services. Now I know where to find her and can't wait to see her!  Respond
RID: 624750
26/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Apigo is everything you could want in a doctor. Kind, knowledgeable, patient and attentive. She takes the time to sit down with you and answer any questions you might have - in a way that you can understand - and goes the extra mile to make sure that you receive whatever care you need, when you need it.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 464916
15/12/07 5 5 5 5 Very kind during a difficult situation, did not rush through the visit. She wasn't my regular doctor through Desert West, but will be from now on.
RID: 229779
25/03/07 4 5 5 Dr Apigo is a very friendly and knowledgeable doctor. She takes the time out of her busy schedule to answer your questions and concerns.
RID: 179248
09/03/07 5 5 5 She delivered my baby and was wonderful. I felt very confident in her abilities and knowledge. I super doctor who always takes time to listen and offer solutions. Highly recommended.
Paid (or co-pay): $500