Rate Dr. Augustine H. Lawrence

Dr. Augustine H. Lawrence's Ratings

This doctor was horribly condescending and lacked the ability to differentially diagnose what was going on worth my body. The diagnosis he gave me sent me on a 7 year journey of attempting various fertility treatments(none of which he would help me with because he was afraid of not getting reimbursed by insurance), before I finally paid a reproductive endocrinologist to look over my records and determine I had the complete opposite condition than what Dr. Lawrence gave me. Talk about a complete waste of time. Also, every time I saw him he forgot who I was, facts that we had discussed at prior visits, and just wanted to prescribe medications that "may or may not work."
His nurses are rude and don't listen effectively, requiring you to repeat yourself over and over. My favorite experience was when I called to see if it was normal for me to be bleeding as heavily as I was for as long as i was, and to have the nurse scoff at my answers to how much and tell me that she couldn't guarantee i would get a prescription for pain killers. Um, I never asked or expected them in the first place.
Save yourself frustration and go elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

I saw Dr. Lawrence for 4 years before switching to my current OBGYN. During that time, I complained of pelvic pain and Dr. Lawrence passed it off as PMS. As the pain got worse over the years, he finally ordered a series of ultrasounds and a CT scan, but again told me I was essentially making a big deal out of nothing. He even had the nerve to draw me a picture of the female reproductive system and explain what PMS was. I work in healthcare, and, having taken cadaver lab, have actually held the female reproductive system in my hands, not to mention that I owned one (yes, now past tense), so that was completely inappropriate and condescending. I finally switched to my current OBGYN, who actually believed me when I said I was in pain- it turned out I had multiple softball-sized cysts. I ended up with a hysterectomy and am now happy to be pain free. If you're seeing him to have a baby, good for you. If you have any other concerns, I suggest you get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

He is the best OB doctor I have ever met.He was my doctor for two of my kids after I had a horrible experience with a 3 different OB doctors with my first child.Dr Lawrence is kind, understanding and very patient. Unlike every doctor I have evr dealt with, he actually calls his patients back and answers their questions. I can recomend him to every woman looking for a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2012

Dr. Lawrence was my wife's OB through a miscarriage and healthy pregnancy. He is absolutely one of the best doctors there is, in any specialty. Knowledgeable, friendly, hard working, available when you need him. He reassured us when things went wrong, and patiently coached us through the difficulties of going through a full term your first time. We've since moved from Seattle, and our only regret with this guy is that we won't be able to have him for our next kid. Fantastic doctor, highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

Dr. Lawrence is my Gyno/OB. He is an excellent doctor. He met with us for all our appointments and delivered our baby. He is very personable and took the time to address all our questions. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

Wonderful- wonderful- wonderful. He had excellent bed side manners. he actually explained what was going on. does not rush for surgeries, nor medication if it is not needed. He was my OB whith my last pregnancy. I am oler so more complications. and he was was great. He called me when I was worried about my symptoms, he explained the reality of test results. I wodul love to go to him as a general pract. I refer him 1000 times over.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2010

Dr. Lawrence has been taking care of me for about 10 years (gyn only - no babies)and I look forward to our visits very much. I trust him and recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2010

He took excellent care of my daugther and I during my high risk pregnancy. He made sure I understand what's going on at all times. He was very caring and helpful. He went extra 10 miles for me during my pregnancy. He even came in of his day off to deliver my daughter! He took plenty of time for my concernes and special situation, felt comfortable with him and his staff at all times. He is a wonderful Doctor ~ best experience I ever had with a Pregnancy *and it was my 5th pregnancy :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2009

I would definitely refer everyone to see Dr. Lawrence. He was my OB for both pregnancies and he was very caring, knowledgeable, friendly and trustworthy. He followed up my test results, made phone calls, and went the extra miles to make sure I understand what was going on. All my friends who have had him shared very positive experiences.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2009

We used Dr Lawrence for our last 2 Children. Both my husband and I loved him. He is very caring,always calls to check on me,and personally calls to give test results. We not only will,but have refered him to other people and will continue to use him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1343843].votes_count ]]