Rate Dr. Augustine H. Lawrence

Dr. Augustine H. Lawrence's Ratings

I saw Dr. Lawrence for 4 years before switching to my current OBGYN. During that time, I complained of pelvic pain and Dr. Lawrence passed it off as PMS. As the pain got worse over the years, he finally ordered a series of ultrasounds and a CT scan, but again told me I was essentially making a big deal out of nothing. He even had the nerve to draw me a picture of the female reproductive system and explain what PMS was. I work in healthcare, and, having taken cadaver lab, have actually held the female reproductive system in my hands, not to mention that I owned one (yes, now past tense), so that was completely inappropriate and condescending. I finally switched to my current OBGYN, who actually believed me when I said I was in pain- it turned out I had multiple softball-sized cysts. I ended up with a hysterectomy and am now happy to be pain free. If you're seeing him to have a baby, good for you. If you have any other concerns, I suggest you get a second opinion.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag

He is the best OB doctor I have ever met.He was my doctor for two of my kids after I had a horrible experience with a 3 different OB doctors with my first child.Dr Lawrence is kind, understanding and very patient. Unlike every doctor I have evr dealt with, he actually calls his patients back and answers their questions. I can recomend him to every woman looking for a doctor.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lawrence was my wife's OB through a miscarriage and healthy pregnancy. He is absolutely one of the best doctors there is, in any specialty. Knowledgeable, friendly, hard working, available when you need him. He reassured us when things went wrong, and patiently coached us through the difficulties of going through a full term your first time. We've since moved from Seattle, and our only regret with this guy is that we won't be able to have him for our next kid. Fantastic doctor, highly recommended.

Submitted June 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Lawrence is my Gyno/OB. He is an excellent doctor. He met with us for all our appointments and delivered our baby. He is very personable and took the time to address all our questions. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2010 | flag

Wonderful- wonderful- wonderful. He had excellent bed side manners. he actually explained what was going on. does not rush for surgeries, nor medication if it is not needed. He was my OB whith my last pregnancy. I am oler so more complications. and he was was great. He called me when I was worried about my symptoms, he explained the reality of test results. I wodul love to go to him as a general pract. I refer him 1000 times over.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2010 | flag

Dr. Lawrence has been taking care of me for about 10 years (gyn only - no babies)and I look forward to our visits very much. I trust him and recommend him highly.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2010 | flag

He took excellent care of my daugther and I during my high risk pregnancy. He made sure I understand what's going on at all times. He was very caring and helpful. He went extra 10 miles for me during my pregnancy. He even came in of his day off to deliver my daughter! He took plenty of time for my concernes and special situation, felt comfortable with him and his staff at all times. He is a wonderful Doctor ~ best experience I ever had with a Pregnancy *and it was my 5th pregnancy :-)

Submitted Dec. 10, 2009 | flag

I would definitely refer everyone to see Dr. Lawrence. He was my OB for both pregnancies and he was very caring, knowledgeable, friendly and trustworthy. He followed up my test results, made phone calls, and went the extra miles to make sure I understand what was going on. All my friends who have had him shared very positive experiences.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2009 | flag

We used Dr Lawrence for our last 2 Children. Both my husband and I loved him. He is very caring,always calls to check on me,and personally calls to give test results. We not only will,but have refered him to other people and will continue to use him.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2009 | flag

As a person, Dr. Lawerence is excellent. The one thing we didn't really like was that it always appeared that he was in a rush. The other comments said he was always willing to go the extra mile, but our experience has been rushed on almost every OB visit. Another thing is that, now that we think about it, almost every OB appointment was just chatting and a measurement of the stomach. NOTHING ELSE. We read in books that there should have been at least other things done and looked at (e.g. breast and other parts) just in case... Nothing...

Submitted July 13, 2009 | flag