Rate Dr. Ian Hyams

Dr. Ian Hyams's Ratings

Dr Hyams, is a very gifted and talented physician. He is always up on new innovations, findings, studies and medications. I cannot speak to his new location in West Vancouver as I have not yet visited it which shows that over the last number of years he has helped me get my condtions under control and managable. I will, with some new recent health issues, be booking a visit with him soon. One must sometimes overlook the front of the office in physician offices. Medical admin staff remember have to deal with the sometimes angry, frustrated, chronic pain patients who can be rude and surly due to pain all day every day. The burnout of these staff is high in walk in clinics and speciality clinics all over the province.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I am a new patient of Hyams and I am so grateful to be so. I have been treated with compassion and openness that I am not used to. I am hopeful for a helpful future with Dr Hyams. Yes there are cancellations yes there are waits...well I would rather be cancelled and wait than not have an option at all for being helped by Dr Hyams. the good guys are very busy but kind people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Dear Dr Ian
You are the Best of the Best!
You dont even give up wen all the other dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Some of the reports you read on here may not be too fair and I believe the Staff has had a welcome changeover since some of those negative comments were posted. What you do need to know is... Dr. Hyams is the most knowledgable person I have come across when it comes to treating FMS/CFS and the entire physical body as an emotional, spiritual being. He is most empathetic and spends the time required on each patient. He truly is an expert in this field and up to date where as other Dr.s I have encountered are so out of touch, uninformed, and become impatient or offer treatment that does not make sense. As much as I love him as my Doctor, I really believe he should be training the medical profession as a whole, on how to quickly and properly diagnose, manage and properly treat people dealing with these chronic pains and life altering conditions. That said, to give this kind of service, sometimes there are waits, disruptions, cancellations, even last minute, so prepare for that, but know your time when you have it will be worth it. There is a great coffee shop called Crema down the street and a beautiful ocean view park across the street. I, for one am super grateful to be a patient of Dr. Hyams and I am on a fixed, extremely low income budget (as are many of patients) and do not pay for any additional services and am treated well. There are alternative services that one can pay if you have the money and it is not because the clinic is out to rip you off, it is simply because those services are not covered by extended heath care at this time. I sincerely hope one day they might be. Just remember, a positive attitude goes a long way in your own healing ~

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2539379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Recently Dr. Hyams was kind enough to admit me to his already crowded practice. I could not be more grateful. He investigates matters thoroughly, and if possible, always suggests ways in which I can help myself to become healthier and more energetic. To the person who previously wrote that the clinic was some sort of "fibro-scam," I must say that I was never more pleased to hear Dr. Hyams state that it was unlikely that I had fibromyalgia, because I didn't believe that I had it either! As for chronic fatigue, he has ordered tests to rule out any other possible causes, subsequently revealing problems that had never been investigated, and also relieving my mind by looking at possible clues such as tumor markers, which, as a former cancer patient, I had always wondered about. On one occasion, he suggested I tackle one area of deficiency with a particular natural remedy. I thought that was a great idea until I looked it up on the internet, and found that it was contra-indicated for people who had been treated for my type of cancer. For anyone else, it would have been a very sound piece of advice.
Yes, there are waits, there are cancellations, and it is sometimes hard to contact the office immediately. However, they will always get back to you. I appreciate being a part of Dr. Hyam's practice and believe him to be an expert and caring individual, who stretches himself a little to thin in order to help others, many of whom have had their concerns dismissed in the past.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2532246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hyams for almost 3 years. I owe him the world, without his skill,knowledge and total devotion to his job there are so many of us that wouldn't be able to survive.Yes there are appointments that are behind schedule but knowing that he won't leave the room until everything is sorted,checked etc makes the short wait sometimes involved worth it.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2531031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Hyams for 2 years now and we are very thankful for his oversight of her CFS/FM during this time. He is a caring, competent doctor who listens to her and adapts his treatments accordingly. Yes, we sometimes have to wait, but that is par for the course in most doctor's offices I find, so to me that is not an appropriate complaint. We value him highly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2530872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I have never experienced any problems at Dr. Hyams' office and I have been a patient for the past three years. Dr. Hyams and his staff have always been courteous and understanding and I always leave the office feeling encouraged. Thank you, Dr. Hyams and your staff, for your kindness and support. We are privileged to be in your care.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2530382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hyams for 5years after suffering an accident that led to chronic pain and fibromyalgia. I have always found him to be extremely knowledgable, compassionate, very thorough, spends the extra time needed to listen and take care of all of your worries and needs. Yes so Erie there is a wait as he is a very busy doctor, but somethings things are worth waiting for. He is so patient and kind and I always leave feeling heard and understood. He is one if a kind and most of his patients wish he could be cloned, as we need more doctors like him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2530084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Hyams now for over 4 years to treat my Myalgic E ncephalomyelitis (ME) illness. Yes, Dr Hyams gets behind and we may have to wait or be rescheduled. However, that is because he is one of a very few of doctors in BC who have the expertise to treat people with Chronic Complex Diseases such as ME, Fibromylagia (FM) or chronic pain. He gets behind because he takes on extra patients who are desperate for help. He also gets behind because he tries to actually treat the patient rather than just fill the billing slot. I have a feeling that he has literally saved many lives of people who could find help no where else. I have never been treated rudely by any of Dr. Hyam's staff. They have always been very professional and kind. I drive or have my family members drive me from Abbotsford about every two weeks to be treated by Dr. Hyams. While it is an extra effort and expense, I feel very lucky to have him as my physician.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2529551].votes_count ]]