Rate Dr. Sean McFadden

Dr. Sean McFadden's Ratings

I had surgery performed by Dr.Sean McFadden Sept.2013-and continued follow up---He is great!! Very kind, honest,understanding and always has time to listen to my concerns and questions. Never felt rushed in office or Hosp. I fell very comfortable with him. I would recommend him to any one who requires the type of surgery he performs. Dr.McFadden certainly made my life easier.

Submitted June 4, 2014 | flag

My mom had surgery with Dr McFadden in January 2014 and he is a wonderful doctor. I have been a nurse for 19 years and I have never encountered a Doctor with such wonderful technique and bedside manner. He takes the time to answer questions and ensure that all aspects of care are looked after. He called my mom at home after she was discharged to giver her some critical test results. Dr McFadden works very long hours and is very dedicated to his patients. He obviously cares about people as individuals and wants the best for his patients. I am thankful he was my mom's surgeon!

Submitted Feb. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. McFadden is very knowledgeable, thorough, and skillful. He takes the time to listen and understand your condition. He was one of the first doctors to properly diagnose my symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome and gave me hope that he could help me. He really took the time to answer all my questions and even called my husband after my surgery to reassure him and communicate the details of my surgery and expected recovery. He goes above and beyond the call of "duty" and really cares. I consider my surgery a great success with many of my symptoms completly erradicated. He has truely given my enjoyment in life back.....thank you thank you :)

Submitted Jan. 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. McFadden is knowledgeable, persistent and kind. He is realistic and honest. He has a great deal of professional integrity. He recognized a problem and kept searching until he could find the problem. When other doctors might have thrown an 84 year old lady under the bus, he didn't give up -- he performed very risky and difficult surgery and was there to give suppport and excellent care afterwards. My mother now has a greatly improved quality of life and is looking forward to the arrival of 2 more great grandchildren because this wonderful doctor cared and made her more than a number. Despite his obvious brilliance and skill which truly set him above others, Dr. McFadden is the most "normal" guy. He is capable of laughing at a corny joke or even making one. He really cares about his patients and his reputation.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2012 | flag

Dr. McFadden saved my husband from esophageal cancer with quick surgery and excellent followup at The Tom Baker Center. He has continued to follow us, post-op, and has always taken the time to answer any questions we had, without every appearing rushed or inconvenienced by our questions. He works very long hours and was always available to my husband while he was in hospital and even made sure he was waiting at my husband's bedside to remove the nasal tube when hubby came back from x-ray at 6 a.m! We are very blessed to have met Dr. McFadden and will remain in his care happily and (hopefully) healthily!

Submitted Nov. 29, 2012 | flag

My mother was diagnosed with lung ca, met with Dr. McFadden within 8 weeks had surgery to remove left lower lobe. Dr McFadden was caring, knowledgable, and approachable. He explained the whole procedure, and followed up daily at the hospital after the surgery. My mother was one of the lucky ones to have the best surgeon available. Within 8 weeks of the surgery recovered with minimal pain.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. McFadden is a wonderful & caring doctor, and a very skilled surgeon. My situation took us on a rocky road to get to him, but once with him, things started happening. Though he couldn't speed up the waiting process, he did his best to walk us through it, explain things, results and options. I would recommend him to anyone. He is absolutely terrific. He is willing to explain things, lay out the prognosis and take the time for you to understand. I can't thank him enough for everything he did for me.

Submitted July 17, 2012 | flag

I am now in follow-up with this talented bright and gentle surgeon and am reminded how fortunate I was to have fallen into his care for lung cancer surgery. I couldn't be more grateful for his skill, bedside manner, humour, and genuine concern throughout this challenge.

Submitted June 14, 2012 | flag

Thank you for this great website. I recently spent two and a half months in hospital under the care of Dr. Sean McFadden. Too bad your rating scale didn't go higher because he is more than a FIVE and if you are fortunate enough to have him as your surgeon you should consider yourself very lucky. Besides his excellent professional skills Dr. McFadden has an awesome bedside manner and is very kind and caring. He spent a lot of time carefully explaining things to me and my family and was truly my advocator helping me navigate through the politics of our health care system.

Submitted March 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. McFadden is an excellent surgeon with a caring and compassionate nature. What is most impressive besides his exemplary disagnostic ablilty and surgical skills is his caring nature. I don't know anyone who takes as much time and follows their patients closer than Dr. McFadden. He was a life saver to my husband and I would trust him with my life any time.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2011 | flag