Rate Dr. Benjamin Yokoyama

Dr. Benjamin Yokoyama's Ratings

Dr. Yokoyama is a very good doctor. He is thorough and listens carefully to your problem. He takes time to phone you at home and give you information. He really cares.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

I am again posting with regard to this doctor. I have been going to him for approximately four years. During this time he never checked my heart nor lungs when I went for my yearly check ups. This year he came into the room and said he was going to give me a "memory" test. Fine, but again he did not check my heart and lungs. I have since changed doctors and have been told by my new doctor that I have COPD . I am still going for tests and I have a cat scan appointment in October. I wonder if this condition would have been discovered earlier if Dr. Yokoyama had checked my heart and lungs. I am very upset and scared.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr. Yokoyama is an incredible doctor. He always takes the time to listen to my concerns and is extremely thorough in his approach. He has never brushed any of my symptoms off, being careful to consider all possibilities. He's not a chatty doctor but is thoughtful and knowledgeable, which I would prefer anyway. My family all love seeing him and never feel rushed or not cared for properly. We often have to wait to see him but we understand why... he's just that good. So glad we found him!

Submitted April 17, 2012 | flag

Dr Yokoyama and his thoroughness saved my life. He is very knowledgeable and isn't hesitant to refer his patients to specialists. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2011 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Yokoyama for over 10 years. During this time, he has shown great compassion and kindness. He is a wonderful listener and is very knowledgeable when presenting various treatment options. Dr. Yokoyama has gone "above and beyond" in my care and that of my children. We are very fortunate to have him as our family doctor.

Submitted April 22, 2011 | flag

I had him as a clinic doctor. Went in panicked with my 3 week old who was seriously stuffed up, not eating, and vomiting anything she did eat. He basically shrugged it off as a stuffy nose. The next morning I went to my maternity doctors, who sent her straight to the hospital, where we stayed for 10 nights on an iv and being tube fed with Bronchiolitis. My daughter could have died if I'd have taken his advice. I would only use him if there were no other options.

Submitted April 18, 2011 | flag

This doctor is new for me. I have seen him about 4 times. I find him very uninterested in my welfare, he has no expression on his face when I see him as though he doesn't care. The last time I went for my yearly checkup he omitted to listen to my heart or lungs. I am a senior and I need to feel that my doctor is there for me.

Submitted April 1, 2011 | flag

where to start with this man first of all.. my family and I were looking for a family doctor as are many family's these days.. boy do I regret wasting my time going to this office and talking to this doctor here is my story.. I go to the office at 2:30 PM put in my name to see Dr. Yokoyama the wait is 2 hours which is no problem.. I come back at 4:30 to find he left 30 min before his shift has ended no problem people do it all the time. so I get told to come back at 1 PM the next day to see him I come back the next day make an appointment to see him again his shift starts at 1. I get in at 12:50 and get told I have to wait 45 min to see him no problem.. end up waiting 2 hours after changing waiting rooms 3 different times he comes in and basicly tells me and my Family and I to fk off not interested and this man was taking new patients and treats people like this. so I wasted at least 30 hours to meet this man and got shrugged off in 45 seconds. I would NOT recommend this dr to anyone.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2010 | flag

Dr. Yohoyama is an excelent doctor! Very caring, helpful and devoted to patients. Good listener and respectful. My family stayed with him even when he had his office moved to Mission (its about a 40 km drive now, but it is worth).

Submitted Sept. 17, 2010 | flag

Friendly and takes a genuine interest in the welfare of his patients. I was lucky to learn that he was accepting new patients.

Submitted July 12, 2010 | flag