Rate Dr. Lee J. Suckno

Dr. Lee J. Suckno's Ratings

Refused to treat my son who wanted to switch to a different dr. in order to wean him off of the numerous meds he was on. Suckno agreed he was too many but told him he couldn't help him and to go back to his old dr. Nice guy. And he came highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

I don't know why Dr. Suckno has such poor reviews on here. I have seen A LOT mental health professionals, many of which refused to treat me because my case was "too severe." Dr. Suckno took me and I've been going to him for 5 years. When I first went in, I was in such rough shape that I wouldn't even look at him. Now, no one can tell I have mental health issues. If you need to be babied, maybe he isn't the doctor for you, but other than that, I can't think of any reason anyone wouldn't like him. He has ALWAYS been on my side, providing verification of my disorder and support. Obviously not everyone will fit with his personality, but as a student pursuing a career in psychiatry, I can tell you he definitely knows what he's doing. I think the negative reviews on here are from people who don't understand how psychiatric medication works or people who didn't mesh well with him, both of which are important aspects of treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2372323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr Suckno is the worst doctor I have ever been to. he is belittling and outright rude. He enjoys this. It makes him feel powerful and important. He should not be allowed to practice. Waste of time and money. Rude and useless doctor with more problems than those he treats. even if he is highly recommended which I doubt RUN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][556342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Suckno for just over ten years. I personally tend to feel pills are the way to go and the good Dr. has a deep and up-to-date understanding of the chemicals and their effects. He's been on point with everything he's prescribed and continues to help me refine and adjust dosages as needed. If you're looking to be coddled and/or have bad behavior validated he may not be the doctor for you- your mental health is your job not his. Keep in mind that Doctors work for you and you should treat your initial visit as an audition, an interview. If you feel ill at ease or that you're being railroaded or unfairly judged or labeled get a second or third opinion, try other doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][556340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2013

In 25 years of life, wost doc ever. Forced on prozac even after a depressive state i havent felt in 7 years, cut myself, told i was supposed to stay on the meds after letting him know. Disregarded what he said and took 'myself' off the meds, and better off without. I still get depressed from time to time, but i believe if i listened to him, i would not be here today. I graduated finally with a bachelor in psych (working on my masters) and looking back, he does not deserve his position.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][556339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][556341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

We had a negative experience with Dr Lee Suckno when our school used him for a Psychiatric Evaluation of our daughter against our wishes when an inexperienced teacher went on a mental fishing expedition with our child. Dr. Suckno included certain statements that our child made in his report and omitted others that modified the earlier statement, giving a false, negative impression. His incorrect, incomplete and unbalanced portrayal of our child caused needless problems for our family. This greatly hurt our family and prejudiced the School against our child, totally on a false diagnosis. Two weeks after Dr. Suckno saw her, we brought her to see a Child Psychologist for a Second Opinion. Here's the rub: That Child Psychologist completely disagreed with Suckno's estimation of our child. This man should NOT be doing School evaluations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][556338].votes_count ]]