Dr. Hamdi Benfayed

Rate Dr. Hamdi Benfayed

Dr. Hamdi Benfayed's Ratings

Dr. Benfayed was very knowledgable and very courteous when he dealt with me. From the first time I walked into his office, right through my surgery and the after care. He answered all my questions and walked me through everythihg he was doing step by step. I could not ask for a better surgeon to look after me. I was very pleased with his service.

Submitted June 29, 2012 | flag

He gets a D- for bedside manner, that's a fact. But he has done arthroscopy on both my knees, and it helped both times. He is not a friendly guy, but explained what I needed to know, answered my questions. I'm not looking for a best bud here, I just want to be pain free, and he did that... twice.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2010 | flag

I fell off of a ladder back on May 7 2009 and was taken to Ajax hospital. Dr Benfayed examined me and told me that i had a bad break and nothing more but i needed surgery.Dr benfayed told me that he was going to fit me with an external fixation (external too me is outside) so the surgery was done and when iwoke up i had a steel rod through my heel a rod screwed into my shin and one screwed into the top of my foot(that was not cool).Then a couple of weeks later i went in for a second surgery were he took those things out of me then put plates and screws in. to make a very long story short this man done 2 surgeries that he shouldn't have because the man didn't have the knowledge to take care of my breaks.NOW I AM IN FEAR OF LOSING MY LEG ALL THANKS TO THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR. HE SHOULD HAVE HIS LICENSE TAKEN AWAY.

Submitted June 5, 2010 | flag

Look for someone else. This guy has very poor bedside manner. Arrogant and has little respect for your concerns or assessments by physiotherapists. Told my wife and I that my ACL was severed when it's not. Took too long after conducting MCL reconstruction to perform a knee manipulation under anesthetic - I got severely scarred down. Thankfully I have a new doctor and with another surgery by him, I'm on the road to knee recovery. It was a very trying period of 9 months with Benfayed.

Submitted April 17, 2010 | flag

After an accident,being rushed to emerge dept with 4 broken bones, 3 of which requiring immediate surgery (kneecap totally displaced and ankle broken on bilaterally & all ligaments torn) I was introduced to Dr, Benfayed. Initially, thought he was callous and rude, but soon realized that he is stern & straight to the point. He's a surgeon, and a damn fine one at that. He is not asking for a friend, but neither was I. I was asking for the ability to walk again, and within 2.5 months (including the 7 weeks in casts/or non weight bearing), i am doing just that!!Additionally, I am seeing a different side of him, and do believe he is friendly and does care tremendously...but by using his somewhat scare you with his "stern" demeanor approach makes you stay on the right track and not do silly things that would jeopardize your recovery...worked for me!I still remember him seeing me bending my knee from the hallway as he walked past my hospital room,and then quickly coming totell me NOT too!ha

Submitted Jan. 26, 2010 | flag

I agree to the comment posted below. He is not there to be your best friend, but your doctor. He answered all my questions concisely and I was very pleased with the outcome of my ACL surgery. He does very fine work.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2009 | flag

As in everything in life if it goes your way you are happy and if not you have somethiing to complain about. He is a surgeon not your best friend. I found him to be direct, to the point not wasting my time or his. As long as my knee is feeling better after surgery everything will be good. Explained the procedure, discussed the pros and cons, left office with necessary paperwork and date later this fall for the Arthroscopy. So far its been a good encouter, I guess only time will tell

Submitted Sept. 18, 2009 | flag

This Doctor was not helpful at all. He examined me and just through me into surgery. No follow up after words, just sent me home. Waited 2 weeks for the results and he said, "He found nothing" He did not reccomend anything and just sent me on my way. Is very rude!! Didnt look at my xrays at all. It has been almost 3 months and i am still recovering from a surgery that was a waste of my time, although he said 2 weeks.

Submitted July 13, 2009 | flag

I visited Dr. Benfayed earlier this week and I was quite pleased with him. He took his time to explain the problems with my knee and was able to suggest further treatment before an operation. He was friendly and precise in his diagnosis and explained the options available to me. After reading some of the earlier reviews on this site, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience with Dr. Benfayed. My friend's glowing opinion of him turned out to be true!

Submitted April 30, 2009 | flag

I saw this doctor before being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia back in 2005 .. not surprised to see that there are complaints about him. I did not follow thru with him but seeked the opinion of another specialist instead. Dr. Benfayed was rude and insensitive. Refused to believe anything was wrong with me and told me I needed to keep busy and go back to work. Unbelievably rude. It turned out that I had 17 out of 18 fibromyalgia pain points .. so much for nothing wrong with me. I would recommend you wait a little longer for a professional doctor .. who cares and who speaks to you with respect that you can trust to treat you properly. I happened to look him up because I have a knee injury and he was the first doctor available (no surprise there) .. I wasn't sure at first about the name .. but then I remembered who he was .. and have cancelled the appointment that my doctor made for me .. no thank you !

Submitted April 13, 2009 | flag