Rate Dr. Hamdi Benfayed

Dr. Hamdi Benfayed's Ratings

I was most pleased wit hDr. benfayed who was professional and informative but I was impressed with his nurse/secretary (Sheila) who was extremely professional and pleasant. Having a nurse like Sheila, must surely makes Dr. Benfayed work life that much easier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Dr. Benfayed replaced my L hip in sept 2010 and my R hip in March 2013...both operations were a complete success and he was a life saver for me because he realized how bad my hip was both times and got me in for surgery in amazing fast times where all others I pleaded with wanted 6 months to a year wait. He made the time and is totally professional, friendly and checked in every morning during his morning jog post op...I would and do recommend him highly to anyone I can and have complete confidence in him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Dr. Benfayed was very knowledgable and very courteous when he dealt with me. From the first time I walked into his office, right through my surgery and the after care. He answered all my questions and walked me through everythihg he was doing step by step. I could not ask for a better surgeon to look after me. I was very pleased with his service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

He gets a D- for bedside manner, that's a fact. But he has done arthroscopy on both my knees, and it helped both times. He is not a friendly guy, but explained what I needed to know, answered my questions. I'm not looking for a best bud here, I just want to be pain free, and he did that... twice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2010

I fell off of a ladder back on May 7 2009 and was taken to Ajax hospital. Dr Benfayed examined me and told me that i had a bad break and nothing more but i needed surgery.Dr benfayed told me that he was going to fit me with an external fixation (external too me is outside) so the surgery was done and when iwoke up i had a steel rod through my heel a rod screwed into my shin and one screwed into the top of my foot(that was not cool).Then a couple of weeks later i went in for a second surgery were he took those things out of me then put plates and screws in. to make a very long story short this man done 2 surgeries that he shouldn't have because the man didn't have the knowledge to take care of my breaks.NOW I AM IN FEAR OF LOSING MY LEG ALL THANKS TO THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR. HE SHOULD HAVE HIS LICENSE TAKEN AWAY.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

Look for someone else. This guy has very poor bedside manner. Arrogant and has little respect for your concerns or assessments by physiotherapists. Told my wife and I that my ACL was severed when it's not. Took too long after conducting MCL reconstruction to perform a knee manipulation under anesthetic - I got severely scarred down. Thankfully I have a new doctor and with another surgery by him, I'm on the road to knee recovery. It was a very trying period of 9 months with Benfayed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

After an accident,being rushed to emerge dept with 4 broken bones, 3 of which requiring immediate surgery (kneecap totally displaced and ankle broken on bilaterally & all ligaments torn) I was introduced to Dr, Benfayed. Initially, thought he was callous and rude, but soon realized that he is stern & straight to the point. He's a surgeon, and a damn fine one at that. He is not asking for a friend, but neither was I. I was asking for the ability to walk again, and within 2.5 months (including the 7 weeks in casts/or non weight bearing), i am doing just that!!Additionally, I am seeing a different side of him, and do believe he is friendly and does care tremendously...but by using his somewhat scare you with his "stern" demeanor approach makes you stay on the right track and not do silly things that would jeopardize your recovery...worked for me!I still remember him seeing me bending my knee from the hallway as he walked past my hospital room,and then quickly coming totell me NOT too!ha

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2010

I agree to the comment posted below. He is not there to be your best friend, but your doctor. He answered all my questions concisely and I was very pleased with the outcome of my ACL surgery. He does very fine work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2009

As in everything in life if it goes your way you are happy and if not you have somethiing to complain about. He is a surgeon not your best friend. I found him to be direct, to the point not wasting my time or his. As long as my knee is feeling better after surgery everything will be good. Explained the procedure, discussed the pros and cons, left office with necessary paperwork and date later this fall for the Arthroscopy. So far its been a good encouter, I guess only time will tell

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2009

This Doctor was not helpful at all. He examined me and just through me into surgery. No follow up after words, just sent me home. Waited 2 weeks for the results and he said, "He found nothing" He did not reccomend anything and just sent me on my way. Is very rude!! Didnt look at my xrays at all. It has been almost 3 months and i am still recovering from a surgery that was a waste of my time, although he said 2 weeks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348373].votes_count ]]