Rate Dr. Stephen S. Oh

Dr. Stephen S. Oh's Ratings

Wow
That joker made light of my depression and jacked me up on so many meds then yanked them. His front bitch billy is madder than a hooker in church. Bad news

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I have worked in the mental health field as a social worker for many years and as a professional I have never seen a more organized, helpful office staff. As a consumer, Dr. Oh is always punctual but will help if you have a question. I feel that he actually spends time talking to me and not just prescribing medication. He explains things in a way I can understand and does not rush me out the door. I have referred several people to him since I have been a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

A pill pusher who only cares if when he receives his payment for service. Well known fact he prescribes whatever a patient wants. He enabled me to continue an addiction to Adderall for almost eight years. He is a common thug using the title of a Dr. He ruins lives and doesn't care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I began seeing Dr Oh in 9/12 after 6 mo of worsening dep/anx. My lifelong dep/anx had previously been fairly controlled with medication from my PCP. Dr Oh had good reviews at the time. Apparently since then his attitude has changed, because I had a similar experience as the two most recent posts. I went to him with severe dep/anx. He diagnosed me with SAD and ADD, added Wellbutrin, Ritalin, and Xanax to my current Effexor and Klonopin. He told me to get strictly 7 hours of sleep, and sleep with a bright light on. I followed his orders, took the meds for a month although they made me feel worse. He then changed the Wellbutrin and Effexor back to my previous Lexapro, and continued to give the same instructions (7 hrs sleep/bright light/exercise) for the next few months, without any improvement. When I was in worse condition after 6 months, he told me there was nothing more he could do as I was not following instructions (because I was still too depressed to get out of bed), and fired me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348645].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

Horrible man. First visit seemed as though he got me, and told me ADHD was causing my life-long depression, anxiety, everything. He had no problem putting me on daily Xanax (when almost no other docs are; that bothered me), took me off Cymbalta and put me back on Prozac, which I had been on for 30 years. Told me to get less sleep, stay up 'til midnight, eat meusli, weird stuff, which I did. When I saw him the next week in tears, I tried to ask him how long to expect this; was it withdrawal; etc. Also how to take the vyvanse because I had odd work hours. He refused to answer my questions and told me I didn't listen, I kept changing doctors and didn't take my medicine - accused me of all sorts of things - and he couldn't help me. After completely changing my meds, he told me to find another doc. Refused to listen to me and answer my questions. Stood up, opened the door, and stared at me until I left, sobbing. I'm filing abandonment complaint. Still don't have a doc and meds running out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

I actually had an awful experience with Dr. Oh. Having had suffered from depression and OCD issues, my psychologist recommended I see a psychiatrist as well. Dr. Oh almost immediately wrote off my issues, telling me my real problem was ADHD. I gave him a shot and tried the medication, going to maybe a dozen appointments. I had a wretched time getting him to listen to my concerns, even when the medication was wreaking havoc on my body. Sure, I could sit still, but I was even more depressed and my OCD drove me nuts. I'm sure he can be a fine doctor at times, since he's obviously helped at lease a few people. But if he tells you that you have ADHD and you disagree, his mind has been made up and there's probably no changing it. That has been my experience, and I would hope anyone going into his office for the first time keeps an open mind, which means giving him a chance- but being open to the possibility that he could not be right for what's wrong with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2011

Dr Oh is outstanding. If it wasnt for the one rude secretary the place would be a joy. Now it is very nice once I pass her up and sit down with Dr. Oh. Idont always agree with what he does, but I respect that he has more expertise in the area, and isnt a pushover.As for the white haired pone answerer, she would do well as a phone bill collector or maybe a repo woman. Dr Oh i truly excellent though, and you cant go wrong if you truly want the root of your problem, not just a feel good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

I have searched 25 years to find a doctor like this. Dr. Oh is amazing and with a short family history list and history of my treatment in the past, he was able to diagnose and treat me properly. I feel the best I have felt in a long time. I liked that he did most of the talking and asked me all the questions. He really cares about your health and making sure you are feeling your best. I recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1348642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

A wonderful lifesaving Doctor, I have even been to the Mayo Clinic but Dr. Oh saved my life and my husband even decided to go and he is remarkably better. Dr. Oh does no dredge up the past but focuses on improving your life now. Thank your higher power for this Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2009

Dr. Oh's staff always makes me feel welcome. Dr. Oh is extremely knowledgable, and I feel he truly cares about the overall wellbeing of his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348640].votes_count ]]