Dr. James Mirabile

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 10/02/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 26 reviews. Dr. James Mirabile has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does he prescribe bioidentical hormone replacement?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2527428

10/01/13 1 2 1 1 Back in 2008, I was pregnant and chose For Women Only for care. I had a long relationship with Dr. Mirabile dating back to 1997. He had always told me there was a possibility that I would not be able to get pregnant. So when I did, I wanted to go to him. Unfortunately, his practice grew so much that I had to see a midwife. I went in for a normal appointment and told my midwife that I was in pain and could barely walk. She told me that it was normal and not to worry. One week later (20 weeks) my water broke and I lost my first and only son. I should of been considered a high risk pregnancy and they should of looked in to the pain. First child or not, I was in a lot of pain and lost my son a week later. I still have not received a real explanation for what went wrong. Dr. Mirabile has lost the personal touch that he had for many years. I was an account with insuarance ($$) not a patient. I do not recommend Dr. Mirabile or anyone he is affiliated with  See Responses
RID: 1664422
18/12/11 5 5 5 5 Worth waiting the time I did for my appointment. Had not been cared for correctly with hormones by my other physician who relied on my dosage from the pharmacy and not on how I felt. Within 2 visits I was doing great and my life returned to normal. No problems now for 7 months! Use him also for primary care.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
Respond

31/08/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

RID: 1304954
01/12/10 3 2 2 4 I was very disappointed when Dr. Mirabile did not communicate the actual, full results of an ultrasound that I had. I was told it was normal. 4 days later I was in the hospital with pain and then a ruptured cyst. He tried to suggest that maybe my pain was "psychological" and after I received the results from the new ultrasound, he again told his nurse to tell me they were "normal" despite showing 2 cysts and free fluid in my pelvis. I have since decided to find a new OBGYN, which is sad since he took such good care of me previously for an oophorectomy.  See Responses
RID: 1202034
05/07/10 5 5 5 5 I was referred and waited a long time to see him but the wait was worth it and my questions were finally addressed after 3 other OB GYN'S failed. Two friends have recently been there and can only say positive things! I am so happy to find someone who cares!
RID: 1083180
19/01/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Mirable is incredible! he is knowledgeable, personable and experienced. You can't find a better OBGYN!  Respond
RID: 1018314
26/10/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Mirabile is great. He gave us hope after 2 miscarriages and 1 stillbirth. He even gave me his cell # to call if I had any concerns. We now have 2 beautiful kids & couldn't be happier.
RID: 991714
20/09/09 5 5 5 5 I have to agree, I found him on the internet and WHAT A FIND! He is willing to bend a little and help where others would not go. Explained things to me that my other gyn never did. He is truly caring and efficient at what he does! You will love him!!!
RID: 991470
20/09/09 5 5 5 5 All I have to say is I LOVE HIM!!!! I was going to have to wait to see him however my primary MD was able to pull some strings and I was able to see him that week!!! :D After going to so many other doctors and saying that you need to wait or you are too heavy. He was more then willing to review all of my options and like everyone says he TRUELY does listen and makes you feel like is out there to help you and will take time to make you feel assured that you will be ok!!! And we can take care of this and you will be feeling well once again!!! thank you Dr M :D
RID: 946372
24/07/09 5 3 5 5 This doctor is a rare find.He is very busy,and has accomplished much,but he still treats each and every patient special.Great doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 917205
18/06/09 5 5 5 5 He spent the time I needed to figure out the problems I hadwhich was refreshing compared to other physicians in the past. This created a great relationship and I am so appreciative!
RID: 893743
21/05/09 4 4 5 5 I am in healthcare and have recently chosen Dr. Mirabile as my GYN to help me through menopause. He has given me his attention and really listened to what I had to say. What I have found most admirable is he genuinely understands and cares about the issues women face, and wants us to feel good. He is also very up to date and informed when it comes to bioidentical hormones.
RID: 829315
14/03/09 5 5 5 5 I know there are so many OB's around our area and some really great ones too, but Dr. Mirable has been a true life saver for me carrying me through a terrible pregnancy outcome and then another beautiful birth. He IS BUSY, but the wait is well worth it. Seems noone cares about service these days but you can bet he does and it shows!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 796531
21/02/09 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Mirabile for 12 years. He delivered my 2 children and has helped me through many problems including change of life issues. I would not know what to do without him! All I can say is wonderful!
RID: 766401
16/01/09 5 5 5 5 A very busy office, a very busy Dr., but worth the wait for the service received. Provided me with a great experience that I never hadbefore in an OB office. Thank-you for your care! Allison
RID: 609013
03/06/08 5 5 5 5 I am 40 years old and had my share of Ob Gyne's. I started seeing Dr. M at For Women Only last year and I have never felt better in my life. Instead of prozac like other Dr.'s have wanted to put me on, he used natural hormone therapy and my life has changed. My husband even comments that our relationship is so much better since I started the natural hormones. I think Dr. M is worth the wait to see and I know I can use him for any of my future needs. This is First Class and it does not get better and I can say that from experience!  Respond

11/05/08 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 582824
04/05/08 5 5 5 5 So caring and always available. I even have his cellphone number just in case! There's no one Dr. better for all around needs!  Respond
RID: 561405
08/04/08 5 5 5 5 Dr.Mirable is an amazing, compassionate doctor.He is for once a doctor who listens to all the symptoms and pain,and he makes me feel very comfortable.The only downside to him is he is kind of a celebrity and he tends to be booked out for a while.However,the practice just got a new doctor (Doctor Mccoullough) and he seems (so far) to be following in Mirable's excellent service.The office staff is very nice,they have midwives,doctors,everything to make you comfortable. He also has another office in a rural area,so that way women in those areas do not have to drive far out to see him.
Paid (or co-pay): $105
RID: 558685
05/04/08 5 5 5 5 I love Dr.Mirabile.He actually listens to me.He has helped us with fertility issues,and general health issues too.He specializes in obstretics/gyn but he goes above and beyond to find answers.Would suggest him to anyone.
RID: 431666
20/10/07 5 5 5 5 Caring, professional and just plain amazing for a physician!
RID: 429064
15/10/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mirabile helped us through a painful miscarriage and ultimately delivered my two boys. He is very caring and sincere. He looks for answers. He goes above and beyond what's expected. He truly cares about you. I recommend him to all of my friends. I just wish there were more Doctors like him.
RID: 425286
07/10/07 5 5 5 5 Caring and trusting if I had not met this Dr. I don't know what I would have done! Took me off anti-depressants and started natural hormones and now I have my life back!
RID: 368629
17/07/07 5 5 5 5 Friend told me about this Dr. for bioidentical hormones and I have never felt better in my life since seeing him. Professional and caring and wonderful staff.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 364495
11/07/07 5 5 5 5 Considerate of menopausal women and knowledgeable with menopause and alternatives like bio-identical hormones. Staff is prompt, kind, and considerate!
RID: 206904
16/03/07 4 5 5 OUTSTANDING. Have 5 years experience with this OB and 2 babies. He is incredible and so is his staff! Alway smakes you feel like you're his favorite patient!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 177474
08/03/07 5 5 5 Great communication with us and others we have referred. Caring and great office too!
Paid (or co-pay): $12000
RID: 176965
07/03/07 5 5 5 CARING AND MOST PROFESSIONAL! LISTENS TO YOUR NEEDS AND PROVIDES COMPASSIONATE CARE!
Paid (or co-pay): $12500