Dr. Geoffrey Gillespie

Dr. Geoffrey Gillespie

Rate Dr. Geoffrey Gillespie

Dr. Geoffrey Gillespie's Ratings

I asked Dr. Gillespie about a spot behind my back molar (28) that felt odd to my tongue, and he responded, "You shouldn't be putting your tongue back there." Much later and a different dentist, I asked about this spot after he'd announced that I had no cavities, and after probing a bit, he said, "Oh, my apologies, I missed that—it's a cavity." Dr. Gillespie had refused to even look after I'd mentioned it, and I suspect I've had it all this time. I know a total of 5 other women who have been to Dr. Gillespie multiple times, and to my surprise when we were discussing it, we found that we actually felt quite uncomfortable around him. Besides that incident, I regret to say that I dislike his demeanour, generally—I find him condescending and I feel uncomfortable.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

My experience with Dr. Gillespie was exceptional! His staff was friendly and attentive and the atmosphere relaxed, professional and inviting. Dr. Gillespie performed nothing short of a miracle making over my smile. I had some work done in Mexico hoping to save a bit of money but ended up really disatisfied and furthermore needed to have the work corrected. I wish I had gone to see Dr. Gillespie in the first place. Correcting the work done in Mexico proved to be challenging, but Dr. Gillespie's perseverance and expertise brought about results I had only dreamed possible. I had 8 crowns replaced by Dr. Gillespie. They really did turn out beautifully. Dr. Gillespie educated me through the process and together with his guidance designed the perfect smile. I meet a lot of people in my line of work, and receive compliments on my smile from nearly everyone I meet. I can certainly say that I am smiling a lot more because of Dr. Gillespie.

Submitted April 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Gillespie and his staff have served myself and family for the past 13 years. I recently had my front veneers replaced and I was amazed how painless and the high quality of service I received. I am extremely pleased with my new smile and I refer all my friends and clients to his office. My 4 year old loves to go to see Dr. Gillespie and get his teeth cleaned as well.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2013 | flag

I decided to see Dr. Gillespie after reading positive reviews about him on ratemds. My experience with this dentist, however, was a most disappointing one. Although he had good bedside manner, he did not seem to care about me as a patient. He promised to send out a referral to a specialist and a request for an estimate to my insurance company, neither of which he did. I waited two months and followed up with the specialist and my insurance company and found out that he had never contacted them with a referral/treatment estimate. Additionally, he advised to have a tooth extracted and said it was unsalvageable, but I have taken my business to a different dentist who is able to salvage the tooth. He was not good at discussing treatment options and did not advise me on areas of concern regarding my teeth. Also, his secretary was rude on the phone. Finally, before my initial consultation, the secretary quoted an amount that then turned out to be triple. I felt duped and very disappointed.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2013 | flag

Amazing dentist. I saw the comments on ratemds.com and called to book an appointment as I just moved to West Vancouver. My new doctor was coincidentally waiting for his appointment at Dr. Gillespie's when I walked in. It made me feel good that my doctor was seeing my new dentist as a patient... what a crazy coincidence! Dr. Gillespie was friendly and made me feel very comfortable and took the time to explain how to fix my broken tooth. My whole family has been in for cleanings since then and my son had a filling and all the kids are still talking about how they want to see Dr. Geoff again.

Submitted June 9, 2013 | flag

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Gillespie and his staff. I have been to MANY different dentists, in both US and Canada, due to many moves over the past 6 years. Dr. Gillespie is by far my favorite. He is very knowledgable, professional, gentle and he does meticulous work. I have always found him and his staff to be extremely friendly, punctual, warm, caring and professional. I have always had a very pleasant experience when dealing with Dr. Gillespie and his staff. My dental procedures have always gone very smoothly and I have always been very pleased with the results. His office if very organized, tidy, clean and modern. I have found, after many moves, that it was not always easy for me to find a good, consistent, gentle and educated Dentist. I hope my review can help others who find themselves in my position. I would highly recommend Dr. Gillespie many times over.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2012 | flag

I have been to 4 dentists in Vancouver and this office is fantastic!! Professional, friendly, efficient and honest. Dr Gillespie has done outstanding work after I went through a nightmare with a downtown dentist.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2011 | flag

Febulous practice. Can't say more than that. Never recommends stuff you don't need. Gentle, professional. I'm terrified of dentists but Geoff Gillespie is amazing - great with kids too. And, just as an aside, so handsome you barely need an anaesthetic!

Submitted Oct. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr.Gillespie is the best dentist I have ever come across. Helpful and friendly and reasonable on his charges. Would definitely recommend him to family and friends!

Submitted Sept. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gillespie and staff were caring, modern, friendly and gentle.

Submitted July 27, 2011 | flag