Dr. John Hunter

Rate Dr. John Hunter

Dr. John Hunter's Ratings

Dr Hunter has been my whole families doctor for the last 20 years. Sad he is retiring. Just to add to measure what a great man he is and he truly cares about his patients. He researched and printed a list of doctors covering the lower mainland that are accepting new patients. He sometimes runs late, although you never feel rushed in your appointments. He takes the time to listen, never makes you feel stupid for asking stupid questions. He is a doctor worth waiting for if running late. His staff, while not super friendly, (due to be super busy I'd imagine) though always polite and informative. Dr. Hunter, you'll be greatly missed. Thanks for all the amazing care to myself and my family over the years. xo

Submitted Oct. 15, 2011 | flag

He is simply the best doctor I have ever had. He is easy to talk to, very knowledgeable and just good man!

Submitted Oct. 3, 2011 | flag

Dr Hunter is indeed one of the most intelligent, smart doctors around. He was able to diagnose a potentially irreversible condition immediately,and took it very seriously. My own, long term GP didnt even querie about it for 3 yrs even though it was related to a disease I already had for 20 yrs. Just as she did not any other disasteruos preventible conditions. Dr Hunter's capability was confirmed to me yet again when visiting my opthamologist and in conversation he said himself that Dr Hunter is a very smart doctor.Don't I know it! Thank you Dr Hunter.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2011 | flag

Genuine , caring, knowledgable, fantastic doctor. I wouldn't go to anyone else

Submitted March 31, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor. Doesn't make you feel embarrassed or ashamed. Treats people with dignity!! Very knowledgeable and caring.

Submitted May 17, 2010 | flag

Amazing Doctor. Have been visiting him for years and years, and he has always shown the utmost care for his patients. Having had some very nasty experiences with doctors, he is THE best doctor in Vancouver as far as I'm concerned.

Submitted March 16, 2010 | flag

Awesome, just awesome. Great doc, superb person. He takes the time to listen, gives you the advice you need, and follows up to make sure you're doing ok. We followed him from Brentwood Medical to his new location because we don't want to even consider seeing someone else. Thanks a millino Dr. Hunter! Keep up the awesome work. You truly are a service to your community.

Submitted March 5, 2010 | flag

I adore Dr.Hunter -- he is worth waiting an entire day at the Walk-in-clinic just to see him. I would not spend a day-off work waiting in a clinic to just see any doctor, but I would book a day-off work just to go see him. Dr. Hunter is very polite and mild mannered, easy to talk to and caring. He is never rude or weird or arrogant. He is always helpful and genuinely provides good care. Even after I moved from Burnaby, I still travel back to Burnaby to wait in line at the clinic to see him. I only wish he worked out of his own office!

Submitted Aug. 17, 2009 | flag

He is best family doctor I've ever been to. He is thorough, caring, professional, accountable and many more good qualities. There is always a line up to see him and that just shows how good he is!

Submitted April 17, 2009 | flag

Thanks to Dr Hunter I've regained a quality of life that was lacking for almost 5 years. The thing is, he listens to what you have to say. Seems that this clinic has always had top notch doctors. I would highly recommend Dr Hunter. If you find yourself in need of a really good, no nonsense physician. Go see Dr Hunter. You might run into the odd irate receptionist, but it's worth the trouble. Dr Hunter, Dr Bill Weaver and a lady that I can honestly say, rescued me from potentially serious complications 10 years ago. When three other doctors (not at this clinic) and a battery of tests couldn't identify the problem. It took Dr Elizabeth Spooner to do the Dr House thing with one test. Go figure. Unfortunately, I don't think that she's doctoring any more.? Thanks Dr Hunter you're #1 in my books. Hope that he'll be around for a long time.

Submitted April 11, 2009 | flag