Rate Dr. Carol Layton

Dr. Carol Layton's Ratings

As others have mentioned be prepared to wait. I had one root canal done by Dr Layton, took the better part of a day, ended up getting infected and got charged on the return visit to get a prescription for antibiotics. Would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Dr Layton is not the doctor I would see on getting a root canal. She may have nice bed side manner but after 3 failed root canals all done by her...I ended up loosing alot of money and extracting my teeth. Learned a painful and expensive lesson!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

In the chair for over 5 hours and still ended up with a failed root canal. 2 years later and I'm now looking at more dental surgery. Would NOT recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

Dr. Layton proved to be very knowledgeable, efficient and competent. Root canals were perfect, painless and healed with no trouble. She has a problem of punctuality, nicely alleviated with those fancy video glasses. Anyway, be prepared to wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

Dr. Layton has shown the highest level of professionalism, knowlege and skill during my visit to her office for a root canal. I would stongly recommend her to anyone seeking her level of expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2012

I recently had a root canal done by Dr. Layton. After she put the freezing, I waited for 20 minutes while she was consulting with another patient. Then she started with my root canal and again left me for more than half an hour to consult with another patient. I had the dam in my mouth and was gagging, but what the heck....she has to maximize her earning potential. After my root canal was done she put in a temporary filling indicating that she did not keep permanent filling in her practice and that I would have to make another appointment with my dentist. When I went to my dentist he took the temporary filling out and noticed that there was a crack in the tooth. Dr. Layton being the specialist that she is should have noticed the crack and informed me before she proceeded with the root canal so that I would have had the option to have the tooth pulled out. I am still in pain, but have to wait to be fitted with the crown.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2012

Dr Layton made me wait for about 1 hr. When I started to express my discontent, one assistant tried to calm me down with some pointless talk. Time-wasteful questions were later asked again by Dr. Layton. Moreover, she started to look at another side of my mouth than my dentist referred. She scratched with her instrument, leaving a two-day discomfort on the wrong side. A couple of days before, my daughter was there and the assistants messed up her insurances. Paying in advance of a service looks very suspicious.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

You definitely wait for your appointments with Dr. Layton, usually 45 min to 1 hour. I've had about 5 appointments with her and 2 root canals preformed. One of my RC's failed. Dr. Layton is very friendly and understanding. However, I experienced a lot of pain during and after both of my RC's. I have now requested a different Endodontist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

Just like a lot of the reviewers this office makes it's patients wait far too long. My one and only root canal got infected and when I returned to the office to have Dr Layton look at it she gave me a prescription and then proceeded to bill me for the visit. Not a huge deal but I didn't have insurance at the time and had to pay out of pocket. I've since asked my dentist to no longer refer me to this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

I had a great experience. I was scared to death about my root-canal procedure, but I felt no pain either during or after the procedure. The doctor educated me about the entire process, was caring and reassuring. The personnel was friendly and attentive. Overall, it was like going to the movie (in fact I watched one while the doctor was working on my root-canal), except for no pop-corn:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350968].votes_count ]]