Rate Dr. Mitchell Winemaker

Dr. Mitchell Winemaker's Ratings

I now have had my left hip, 2007' and both knees (2013 and 2014) replaced by Dr. Winemaker. To me he seems to be the kind of doctor who takes great pride in what he is capable of, but does not really have the time for those that are all talk and don't want to do the painful work after the surgery. Too many times I have sat in the waiting room listening to people complain how it hasn't changed anything. I ask them if they are doing the physio and am often told no. "It hurts." of course it's going to hurt, but once you get past that the freedom is unbelievable. I can walk almost anywhere now, and find that going down stairs frontwards and being able to go up and down hills (impossible before) so freeing now.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

Total waste of time seeing this Dr. In May 2013, his "advanced Physio" gave me a diagnosis and he concurred. This was a very controversial diagnosis according to the other 3 Dr's I would see while waiting to go back to him. Went back with an MRI of my hip (ordered by GP) 3 mo later and his physio gave a new diagnosis, he again concurred. I asked him if he looked at the MRI and he stated "I don't really look at those". I asked him why he changed the diag and he couldn't give me an explanation and suggested an MRI of my back. 3 mo's for the MRI, which showed 3 slipped discs and serious spinal stenosis. He missed all of this. Went back for followup, having absolutely no faith in him. After waiting in the waiting room for 2 and 1/2 hours!!!! Nurse said I that would still be 45 minutes to get in and at least a half hour with him. That was it, I walked out and will send him the $17 parking bill. This Dr is an idiot and rely's on his staff for diagnosis. Save your time and see someone else.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2013 | flag

Doc was very pleasant and efficient during initial consult. He studied the x-rays and MRI of my knee and explained his diagnosis and treatment plan in language I could understand. The surgery went off without a hitch, recovery time and physio too. No fuss, no complications. Follow up visits likewise were thorough and efficient. All in all a very good result with minimum inconvenience. He put me at ease through the entire process. I was, and still am, completely confident in Dr Winemaker's expertise in his field and skill as a surgeon. I would recommend him to anybody needing orthopedic care.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Winemaker gave me my life back. He replaced both my knees at 50 years old in June '10. I've been walking everywhere ever since. He's friendly, approachable, talented, amazing.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag

When to him for arthritis in both knees. Looked at xrays for 1 min told me nothing he can do, Didn't ofter any other help for the pain or stiffness. Asked questions from a form and wouldn't listen to anything I said other than the answer he wanted. Appointment lasted about 10 min. No bedside manner at all.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2011 | flag

the best orthopedic surgon in hamilton, he replaced both knees.He has great bed side. easy to talked and his office staff is also gread

Submitted Sept. 11, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr about a hip problem, well i found no bed side manners at all, he didnt seem to care about me, it seem to me $$$ only. Im young and active. recommended a new hip not explaining how long it would last, what i did for a living and how i could only have 2 hips in a life time. So if i live past 80 i wcould be in trouble. Found a great Dr else where, Im now haveing Hip Resurfacecing, which he idnt seem to kown about. I would not go back.

Submitted June 26, 2011 | flag

A real artist. Had both hips replaced (6 months apart) in 2001. They are still working perfectly.

Submitted June 13, 2011 | flag

I met with Dr Winemaker for a severe knee injury. Unfortunately he couldn't help but super guy. His staff were pleasant and courteous. Almost immediately he had a referral in process to another specialist. Thank you for your help.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2011 | flag

I had a total hip replacement. I was only in his office a few times and had no problem with his staff or wait times. I thought he gave me an excellent assessment and recommended the type of hip that was appropriate for my active lifestyle and age. My recovery was amazing. I was out of the hospital in a day and a half. My new hip has been a godsend. I don't limp when I walk and I can even jog and play squash (against his better judgment). I would highly recommend him. One day I will return to have my knee done.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2011 | flag