Dr. Mary Kate Gazendam

Rate Dr. Mary Kate Gazendam

Dr. Mary Kate Gazendam's Ratings

I was in awe of the attention Dr. Gazendam gave me when I came in on short notice concerned about my health due to a period of extremely high stress. Dr. Gazendam sat with me and spent the time to get the whole story. She then offered some suggestions on strategies going forward. She gave me everything I need to go forward. To see an MD spend this much time with a patient is a rare thing in this day and age.

Submitted May 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Gazendam is an adequate GP. She is overeager to prescribe antibiotics, but gives you too few (she prescribed me half the standard course for an infection, and of course it didn't go away, so she prescribed me the same half-course again. And again, it didn't go away.) Also, her assistant is nice, but she managed to mis-measure my height. (I could see that the bar was on an angle and she reported my height as two inches less than it is!) Often, I find that I have to go to a clinic or other doctor to get re-examined or re-treated, because Mary Kate is really only adequate for things like sniffles and sicknotes.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

Very efficient business!! Receptionist very personable and helpful. regarding what is I think ment to be the Nurse practitioner..good gum chewer.......may find it useful to look at the patient vs her laptop........and also maybe helpful to actually actively listen to the client vs reel off a list of questions from the laptop screen .....unfortunately, total waste of time and precious OHIP $$. Dr good.. NP a concern.

Submitted June 15, 2013 | flag

This Dr. is the very best Dr anyone could ask for. You immediately trust her judgement and she is so cautious and non alarming. Our household has had several medical concerns and she has been so careful and quick to refer on and is a great Dr to teach and set aside anxieties. Very very pleasant and respected in hospital urgent care...everyone seems to know her and postive about expressing this. We would be very sad if ever we had to lose this fine physician. As a RN of over 40 years and working with many many physicians, she is number one in all of our books. Bravo Dr Gasendam

Submitted May 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Gazendam is a wonderful physician and a great person. I am so happy she is caring for my family.

Submitted May 13, 2013 | flag

Dr Gazendam and Sue are great...even if she can't fit you in you are able to see the nurse practitioner who is also wonderful! Overall a great practice and accomodating to all

Submitted July 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Mary Kate is the perfect GP. She asks the right questions, refers when necessary and is very personable. Unassuming, she is open to communication and that seems a rare quality among medical professionals. When visiting her, she is actually there -- as in, she is someone who listens. That's no small thing. When you listen, you understand. ... She does.

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

Wonderful doctor - friendly and knowledgeable - listens to your concerns and acts appropriately. I love Dr. Gazendam...I hope she never retires!

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

Great Doctor. Has looked after my kids and me for 6 years now. Doesnt keep you waiting and easy to talk to. Very knowledgeable and listens well

Submitted May 19, 2010 | flag

Great doctor.. always trying to help and will refer you to a specialist promptly when needed. Explains the medications well. Friendly and great personality.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2010 | flag