Rate Dr. Karen Gelmon

Dr. Karen Gelmon's Ratings

Dr. Gelmon is excellent. She is a very warm and caring oncologist...Would highly recommend her to anyone.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

I have been a Patient of Dr Gelmons for 2.5 YRS.. She is extremly knowledgable, she explains thoroughly what she is doing and then why she is doing it.. Very professional.. She has a good bedside manner but does not coddle you.. She is there to help you live not pat your shoulder. She knows what she is doing and does it.. I am blessed to have her as my Dr..

Submitted Feb. 12, 2013 | flag

I found this doctor to be irritable, stressed and rushed. During my treatments, I ALWAYS left her office in tears due to her apparent lack of empathy and her short temper. She may be a highly knowledgeable doctor but seems very uncaring to individual patients.

Submitted May 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gelmon is one of the most amazing oncologists I've ever met. She is on top of all the research out there, will take time to sit and answer all your questions, she encourages questions, and she has a heart of gold and compassion. She hugs me during every appointment and told me she is willing to do anything it takes to make me better. She always finds the silver lining in every situation, even when she has to report the results of a bad scan. She emails me back promptly answering my questions or addressing my concerns. I don't know how she does it. She is superwoman.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2011 | flag

I have a lot of faith in Dr Gelmon. She is a leader in her field and like most doctors, she's super busy. So I do feel rushed when I see her, but that's OK. If I'm prepared with questions, our short time together is very productive. I find her compassionate but not 'over the top' and have no complaints about her behavior. Cancer is very difficult no matter what. I think people need to ensure they find support from other places in addition to their oncologist.

Submitted March 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gelmon treated my mother, who died of breast cancer in January of 2002. Dr. Gelmon has an insensitive bedside manner, and she is totally inaccessible. At one point, she complained to me that my mother was "so anxious" after receiving news of a breast cancer recurrence, and she added (some two weeks after 9/11) "sometimes, I want to shake my patients, and say 'you could have been on that plane on 9/11.'" After my mother's massive stroke (3 months before she died of breast cancer), Dr. Gelmon was unresponsive, unhelpful, and totally insensitive, at one point twirling her hair and looking past me when I asked her how long my mother had to live in an effort to obtain palliative care. Although the neurologists and palliative care doctors agreed to attend a family meeting to make decisions about my mum's future care, Dr. Gelmon refused to join. She wouldn't return calls either.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2011 | flag

Karen has been wonderful to me in some very difficult times. She has spent time with me, longer than she should when she has a full waiting room. My apologies for keeping some of you waiting! Thank you Karen for your care, your compassion and your knowledge.

Submitted July 2, 2010 | flag

Dr. Gelmon is the most compassionate and caring Dr that I have ever met. She will ask questions about everything going on with you and your health and life. She is willing to take that extra step to ensure that you have all of your questions asked. Just a remarkable wonderful Dr. As a matter of fact, she will even call you on your home line or cell phone sometimes to talk to you about concerns that you may have.I highly recommend Karen.Thanks for taking such good care of me.Yours truly...Karin

Submitted June 9, 2010 | flag

excellent. She is knowlegable, respectful, warm, and present. I feel validated and cared for. I have answers to my questions, some of which I asked and some which she knew I needed answered. She is incredible

Submitted June 7, 2010 | flag

A good doctor , and example for how do doctors should behave.

Submitted April 17, 2010 | flag